main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Chewbacca in Episode III!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by zombie, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    what interesting scum and villainy might we see in the kasshyyk trading outpost? officail threads OWN!

2. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Maybe he'll be wearing pants this time. Which brings up another question...How do wookies reproduce?

3. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    har de har har.....first...do you understand how humans reproduce? if so...follow that blueprint and wookie woopie you will understand.

4. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Maybe he'll be wearing pants this time.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/Force-Keeper/01242.jpg]

Nope, no pants for Chewie.

How do wookies reproduce?

Wookiee style. :cool:

5. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    why exactly...is it you want to know how wookies get it on.?....disturbing.

6. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Can anyone who has seen the film give a little more detail about Chewbacca?

Does he get involved in some action at all besides helping Yoda escape? Does he fire a weapon or fight in any way?

I know he is not down in the battle. Since there isn't a lot of dialogue, do we understand Chewbacca to have a position of authority?

Just specifically, how long is he in the movie and what does he do besides stand with Yoda?

7. Arliss_

Arliss_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    an official thread for someone who isnt even in the movie but for about 2minutes.

[face_laugh]

8. tavis12

tavis12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Arliss, stop annoying other users and go lay by your dish.

9. Arliss_

Arliss_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    ^^^^^^^[in obi-wan's voice] hello my old friend.

10. KnghtHammr

KnghtHammr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    There was absolutely no reason for Chewie to be in this movie. It was nice to seem him, but nothing tied him to how he gets hooked up with Han Solo, nor where he has come from or where he goes during the next 20 years after he leaves Kashyyyk.

I'm thinking EU will fix this up.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Up for redundant Chewie thread.

12. Jedi_Master_Joe

Jedi_Master_Joe Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I am very confused now. How does a very power wookie leader get attached to Hans Solo. GL makes us believe that he is a power leader. Chewy also takes the side of Yoda during "order 66." He should be fighting the rebelion because of his ties to the Jedi. But in ANH he is a smuggler in a grimy catina and working with the greatest antihero in all 6 movies, Hans. The people Chewy how is now connected with Hans and Lando with shady past.

13. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Well, Kashyyyk fell, the wookiees were enslaved and Chewie escaped with Han's help. He no longer held a position of authority and went underground with Han Solo. It's pretty straightforward.

I do agree that Chewie's role was cut down too much. Hopefully the DVD will have the edited footage.

14. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    he gets with han due to the wookiee life debt...Han rescued him from slavers

15. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    You folks are missing three VERY important things. (or maybe I just don't have time to read 27 pages)

(1) Lucas always wanted to show the wookiee planet-this was his last shot at it and since there was so much else going on, it could only be in there for 10 minutes tops...(although they could have used Kashyyyk as a stopping ground for Padme to have her twins in safety from the tragedies going on around them)

(2) In amongst all the horror that was happening, it was a way to show familiarity-a loved character that told us there was hope...

(3) Finally, the biggest factor of all; since Yoda helped the wookiee planet and vica versa, Chewie would owe something back...do you REALLY think that Obi-Wan and Luke just happened to bump into Chewie in the cantina? Umm, NO...Obi-Wan was told to find Chewie there by Yoda, knowing that Chewie would do anything for an old friend (Yoda)-Chewie was there waiting.

16. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    My question is what exactly was chewies osition was he like a general or somthing

17. BellyButton

BellyButton Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2002
    Gosh, was Chewie in the movie? It must have been when I went to the bathroom for 90 seconds.

18. Jedi_Master_Joe

Jedi_Master_Joe Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    JediJake you probably are right on all those fronts but if ROTS is the last movie why would GL leave people hanging like that I guess he could address it the TV but you would think he would show the enslavement of the wookies or some thing like that to kinda give every one some idea of what happened to Chewy because as it stands their is never going to be a offical(meaning in the movie ) story for Chewy becoming a smuggler.

19. Jager

Jager Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    What does make sense about Chewie is that in ANH he growls disapproval at Han when he decides to leave Yavin with his money. You know, the "I know what I'm doin' line". I am sure Chewie would love a little payback towards the Empire.

20. Bah_of_Bah

Bah_of_Bah Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    BellyButton: Gosh, was Chewie in the movie? It must have been when I went to the bathroom for 90 seconds.

LOL! You went?! Each time I have gone to the movie I have had to go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD towards the end of the movie, but I wouldn't allow myself! I had to use the Force to hold back from wetting myself.

21. rlddrummer

rlddrummer Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    I think I may have been the only person who was really glad to see Chewie again.

22. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    It was great to see Chewbacca again. :cool:

23. Darthmich

Darthmich Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    Was Chewbacca the one who swung down and planted the explosive on the tank or was that a different wookie?

24. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    It was Chewie...Tarzan yell and all :)

25. gC27

gC27 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    i was really happy to see chewie back in star wars but he barely did anything, i wish we could see him blast away droids or something, he didnt even growl out a full sentence just a few roars, n that wasnt him swinging to blow up the tank droid, that wookie was wearing different clothes and chewie was with yoda when that happened, he should also have been identified sooner for the less hardcore fans who didnt realize it was him until yoda said goodbye during his last scene, but i did like how he picked up yoda, everyone in the theater was like awww lol
    so i was slightly disapointed with his brief cameo but hey its better than no chewie i guess\
    what do u guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.