main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clone Wars Cartoon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I just saw Chapter 8. Good stuff. I still like 7 better, but 8 is now in second place, followed by 6.

[i]how could he pose a threat to the Jedi if they could simply cut him down with their lightsabers? And secondly, if he is indeed so powerful, why didn't he become the template for the clone army?[/i]

Maybe his species can't be cloned, or the technology to clone his species hasn't been successful.

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Heh. the answer to that question is that he was in hibernation.

3. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    I was thinking of an alternate answer.

4. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Ah man, that was definitly my fav episode so far with ch. 7 a close second. GO OBI WAN!!!

5. nozdormu

nozdormu Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2003
    Obi-Wan IS the biggest bad-ass in the whole universe.

6. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Bad bad Obi-Wan
    Baddest dog in the whole damn town
    Badder than ol' King Kong
    And meaner than a junkyard dog

7. FunkMst3k

FunkMst3k Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    The Clone Wars cartoon only covers 4 months after geonosis, the Comics and Novel(s) span far beyond that, why not include this in the discussion? With that said, I hope Alpha the ARC Trooper that HAS ALREADY befriended Obi-Wan ends up being the trooper in question in EP3.

I really want to see Grevious, but I hope he doesn't come in the animated series, I'd much rahter see him in the comics, as there's a lot of time after Muunilist and EP3.

8. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Hmmm, seems to me that if the Separatists would have built a lot more IG droids, lances and bikes, THEY would have won the war! ;)

Jeez, this Clone War cartoon is silly! The comics haven't been super great either, but at least they haven't been as silly, the art and dialogue in the comics is a lot better!

The sad thing is that if LFL had treated the Clone Wars with more seriousness it might have reclaimed some fans.
    Instead of gutwrenching combat and a SW-ized account of war and it's horrors, we're treated to:

"Super-villains" like Durge taking out Jedi left and right!
    (He's very hard to kill, but you JUST know he's gotta die in the cartoons/comics if he's NOT in Ep.3!)

Recycled concepts like Asajj Ventress! (Aurra Sing (In the comics) + Darth Maul + a unused AOTC drawing= Fanboy wetdream!)

Boring cameo/supporting characters that are "cannon fodder"!
    (Any CW comic Jedi that's NOT been seen in the films or pre-CW EU)

Rehashed combat sequences!
    (Note to G.L.: Just keep remaking the action scenes from AOTC (Which were ripped off from TESB anyway!) and that keeps fans happy!)

Hell, I've been more involved in Clone Campaigns games that are more intense than the Official Clone Wars have been.

After seeing the CW stuff so far, it's gonna be real hard for me to take Ep.3 seriously. This is one time I really think LFL should have stayed away from any Post-film EU stories.
    The funny thing is, the CW EU adventures will probably just get summed up in Ep.3 in a throw-away line (Mace: "He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion.") and will have NO impact on the film like most EU!

9. nozdormu

nozdormu Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2003
    You're very much in the minority.

10. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    So?

I don't really care. I thought this was a discussion board, I didn't realize it was a "SW is ALWAYS great and Lucas is GOD" board. ;)
    Contrary to some people's thinking, I believe there are SW fans that don't feel that way.

Does it matter who is or isn't in the minority?
    Just 'cause some of you will eat this stuff up, doesn't mean everyone else that is into SW does. I offered MY detailed take on the topic, I didn't just post "THAT STINKS!" and split.

I'm sure upon reviewing all the CW EU material, I could be much harsher and detailed in my opinion. That's not to say that I couldn't find some positive elements, but it seems you people have covered THAT extensively. ;)

11. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Durge is an amazing character - just a pure clean-cut baddie!

I think he looks amazing but it annoys me when people say "he's not alien". He is. And I want him to be - he looks cool and his history/real look is very interesting.

Also someone said "they gave him a neck like a giraffe" but i like that, plus it is a cartoon so certain features are exaggerated and it makes him look more hulking

12. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    So is anyone whatching the marathon Friday night?

13. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I don't really care. I thought this was a discussion board, I didn't realize it was a "SW is ALWAYS great and Lucas is GOD" board.

Actually, this is the Ep III Spoiler Discussion Board and this thread is about how the Clone Wars animated micro-series relates to Ep III.

You can go ahead and bash all you want in the Small Screen Star Wars Discussion Board.
    Now, move along... ;)

14. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    Last night's was great! What was up with Durge at the end there...growing back together? Is this some EU feature that I don't know about because I don't follow the EU?

Obi Wan was the man last night! :)

15. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001

Unfortunately, I have classes so I will miss it. I might tape it just to see how they present it.

RB

16. Vaderkahn

Vaderkahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2002
    Vader in ESB tells LUke: "Good you have controllled your fear, now release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me."

The Jedi teach you to control your fear so you don't fall to the Dark Side. The Sith do it so you don't show weakness. The Sith instill fear in others.

Very, very good point, plus: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to...suffering." Fear is the doorway to the Sith, but not the end result. A Jedi must control his fear, must remove it from himself. A Sith must embrace his fear, turn it to anger, and then to hatred.

Also - while the guys who made the Clone Wars cartoon don't know what's going to happen in EP3, it is important to note what they AREN'T allowed to show. For instance, in Chapter 8, Obi-Wan was supposed to be wearing red Imperial Guard armor and this was quickly nixed. Why? Why is the Anakin/Padme romance not allowed to be shown? What they are NOT allowed to show is almost more important than what they are allowed. The romance, sure, we can see Lucas wanting that to be his story alone. But why the nix on the red guard armor? We saw it already in AOTC...soooo...is it somehow connected to EP3 and therefore can't be touched? Very, very interesting.

17. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Does it matter who is or isn't in the minority?
    Just 'cause some of you will eat this stuff up, doesn't mean everyone else that is into SW does. I offered MY detailed take on the topic, I didn't just post "THAT STINKS!" and split.

Actually you kinda did but with a lot of words. Tell us what you'd like to see done differently.

Also, let's throw a wild guess and say you might be trying to manipulate the masses into thinking your way just so you can have fun complaining with people. ;)

BTW, kinda hard to show realities of war when everyone is a clone. The comics do a much better job with the Confederacy in such stories like Battle of Jabiim. What about Jedi: Mace Windu? Or Shaak TiiZ? let me guess you don't like it that all the jedi aren't supporting the war with the Republic. You want the realities of war shown, but when it comes to not having the Jedi all be cardboard cut outs , you'll probaly have a few complaints. There shoiuld be no dissent in the Jedi ranks blah blah blah.

BTW, your quip abouthe IG battledroids...you did see the clone troopers kick their asses, right? :p

18. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Last night's was great! What was up with Durge at the end there...growing back together? Is this some EU feature that I don't know about because I don't follow the EU?

Obi Wan was the man last night!

Durge is an alien.

19. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Obi-wan rules!

That fight with Durge was a big fat precursor to the fight with Grevious.

As far as Durge not dying, it has to do with his nervous system. Check his bio on the OS.

20. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Here's a question. How do you kill Durge?

21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Burn him---

22. DarthBot

DarthBot Jedi Master star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    OB1 came off like such a bad-ass. I am totally blown away by the amount of action that these cartoons have shown. It will be a treat to see how they look as a whole on DVD.

Since this is to be how does this relate to Episode III thread, Dooku said something interesting to Ventress. He said, "You wear the markings of the sith." My question is what does she wear that Dooku, Maul, Vader, and Sidious all wear that are sith markings. More importantly will Anakin be wearing this at the beginning of Episode III, and will this tip his hat to fellow Jedi that he is slipping into the darkside.

23. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002

I can't; I have to go out! :mad:

Gotta tape it. At least, thankfully, I will see Obi-Wan tee off against resurrected Durge again tonight (# 9).

24. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Only 15 mins to episode 9. :D

25. -Super_Battle_Droid-

-Super_Battle_Droid- Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2003
    How is San Hill going to be in EP3 if he's captured in Clone Wars, will he be broke out of prison like Wat Tambor was?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.