main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clone Wars Cartoon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    Maybe we'll get to see how Grevious collects his lightsabers. Considering that all three are green, I suppose that Voolvif Monn is a candidate for the Grevious extermination list.

2. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    These shorts are great. I'm enjoying them very much.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I love how these chapters each have their own tone, look and feel but are meant to be woven together to tell one large story.

Looking forward to all of them! :D

4. DarthDug2

DarthDug2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2003
    I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm noticing that many ppl are saying that they either can't watch the 'toons for whatever reason, or have missed one. Well...if you don't have Hyperspace, you can still watch 'em.
    Go to the Cartoon Network website. They've got 'em there!!! I've been watching and rewatching them like crazy.
    (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com)
    You have to go to the clone wars site, 'relaunch' the site, and then choose either the light side or the dark (though it really doesn't matter). Once you're there, the episode numbers are at the bottom of the screen. Choose the one you want to watch and enjoy.
    HAPPY VIEWING!!!
    -DarthDug2 who used to be just "DarthDug" but couldn't remember his freaking password, and the e-mail address he first used when he signed up is no longer available for use. But I digress...

5. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    it's in the cache so it's not recognized as qt file.

What kind of file is it. Whats are the names?

After seeing the clip, check your internet cache/temporary file folder for the newest and biggest file there ( it's about 37 MB ).

I did i cannot find anything that close to being big. Is there another place it could be stored? I have XP pro where would it be?

Somebody Anybody please help me!!!!!!

6. DarthDuff

DarthDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2002
    will we see Grievous in the cartoons or is it for EP3?, just curious

7. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    grievous is supposedly in episode 20 - the end of season two...

I know they didn't see any e3 designs while making this, but man... I'd love to see those clone fighters make it into the film. They're a great design.

8. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    What you guys are missing in telling people to look in their temporary Internet files folder is to have them check the allowable size of the chache. If it is smaller than the file then the file will NOT be saved there. It will be deleted before you ever get your hands on it.

Increase your chache size with Internet Explorer by:

Click on Tools (on the upper options bar where it say"File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help").

Choose Internet Options...

Under the General tab (should be set at default) look in the middle of your options applet and find Temporary Internet files and click the Settings button.

Now look for a slider bar underneath Amount of disk space to use and set it to around 300.

You may also want to clear your cache before viewing the shows (next to the previously mentioned Settings button is a Delete Files button; use it).

RB

9. The Force

The Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 1999
    Dehrian edit: Content removed.

10. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Does anyone know if the Blue and Red troopers are both ARC troopers? Or just the Red?

They are awesome - definitely shades of Jango Fett. Much cooler than Boba of the OT.

I felt bad when that little droid on the roof in Ch. 3 dies - first time I felt sad for an enemy droid! :(

11. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    just downloaded chapter 1&2 and i gotta say these are some WICKED toons :D

Samiura Jack Deja Vu :p

12. LordCLS

LordCLS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    I can definately see GL introducing Grievous this way - it wouldn't be the first time he introduced a villain this way. I know ppl were trying to actually forget the Holiday Special - but Boba Fett was introduced in that during an animated short in the middle of the special.

-LordCLS

13. Stejo-Miwar

Stejo-Miwar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I am loving these cartoons...

I especially love the bit in chapter 2, after the Gunship has been shot down and the Clone Trooper sticks his head out of the ship...Then he raises his hand and just points...That's it!...No dialogue!
    I love the way he does that. Tickled me something rotten!

14. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    The cartoons are just incredible infact i just doesnt seem like acartton but an actual Starwars chapter/film . very well put together everything the y jsut nailed everything perfectly from the expression of anakin's face as he watches padme from within his cockpit .
    its jsut a master piece , its a setup for whats going to come next .... episode 3 2005 .

15. R2D2-PENA

R2D2-PENA Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    ^ agreed!!

16. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Cant wait myself until the marathon of the first series is shown. The animation is freaking awesome.

17. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I read that they could be on DVD before Christmas. Would that be the whole series with 20 episodes or would it just be the first 10 episodes?

18. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    This is Lucasfilm we're talking about-- Each 3 minute episode will be sold on a seperate DVD!!! 8-}

But don't worry, there's also the possibility of a "boxed set" of all 20 DVDs too...

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If you go to the Small Screen section, you'll see that Ghent (from starwars.com) has visited our chats and has said that there is no source confirming the release of the Clone Wars DVD.

Remember the rumor of the Fall 2004 Star Wars release that could be the trilogy like people have been saying? Well now people are saying that it could be the Clone Wars DVD.

The point being - Both DVDs are NOT yet confirmed by any reliable source according to Ghent.

20. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    Each 3 minute episode would be sold on a seperate DVD.

There's a possibility of a "boxed set" of all 20 DVDs too.

Uh...you've got to be kidding.

Each episode is just 3 minutes long. Am I really going to want to keep taking out a DVD, putting in the next one for 3 minutes, and so on? I think not.

21. Darth_Torpor

Darth_Torpor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2003
    Does anyone know if the Blue and Red troopers are both ARC troopers? Or just the Red?

Both are ACR troopers. The blue are standard ARC troopers and the red is an ARC trooper officer(Commander or Captain, I forget which).

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think he was being sarcastic Handmaiden-, but that's just my guess. I will need it confirmed by starwars.com first.

23. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Pretty cool cartoon. But does anybody know why the explosions are so crappy?

24. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm loving every second of it.

But a question - since this is the GL-authorized prelude to Ep 3, why isn't in canon?

But the stormtroopers were too tight. I hope GL explains in Ep 3 why they suck in the OT. Destroying Kamino would be enough for me.

25. Darth_Torpor

Darth_Torpor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2003
    But a question - since this is the GL-authorized prelude to Ep 3, why isn't in canon?

All EU is authorised by Lucas (or LFL at least), this is how copyrights work. But just because he allows someone else to play in his sandbox, doesn't mean it has any effect on what he puts in the films. Only the films are considered "canon."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.