*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clone Wars Cartoon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Cleva Force Ghost

star 4
    Torpor - True and that makes sense. But I thought the Clone Wars were a LFL-desired fill in for Ep 2 to 3. Not just fan talk and GL making sure its not damning to his baby, but actually the general idea he wanted told and just not having the time to do it.
  2. sith_ruler Force Ghost

star 3
    after watching the clonetroopers get all tom clancy on chapter 3- these clones are seriously making the stormtroopers into the equivalent of what i term imperial "spinal tap" soldiers. The stormtroopers are crappy soldiers..how do they go from lean clean fighting machine/clones to missing people at 50 feet away???..

its not the will of the force nor is it clone quality degrading each generation..i just do NOT believe that as a valid explanation in GL universe.

in fact i think GL should have kept the abilities of the clonetroopers to be less efficient as the stormtroopers-otherwise how could such a bumbling force keep control of the galaxy-i dont think they need to show these clone troopers being the equivalent of navy seals or something similiar. Does anyone else think the clones are too good? I mean i like it but it makes the stormtroopers seem stupid..or am i overreacting to the clumsiness of stormtroopers?
  3. Agent1432 Jedi Padawan

*everyone ignores me* apparently i'm just a dumbass that noone pays attention to.
  4. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Well, we've already seen Anakin's aqua colored lightsaber in chapter 1.The one from ANH.

Gillard describes it as an off lilac color. :p
  5. Agent1432 Jedi Padawan

whatever, i'm just glad someone finally acknowledged my existence.
  6. darksithlordofboston Jedi Knight

Ok ...just saw epi IV of the cartoon...who is the guy wholeads the new droids and wrecks the clones....wow that was good.
  7. Darthfunkasourous Force Ghost

star 3
  8. darksithlordofboston Jedi Knight

i dont think it was greivous...
  9. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    "The Arrival of Durge" is the name of the episode, according to the initial listing of the chapter titles. On the main page there will be a caption advertising the new episode and it will likely have an alternate name. Perhaps it will also have the name "Durge" in it. ;)
  10. darksithlordofboston Jedi Knight

he is one bad ass ** **...and i like their jousting thingamabobs...they sure put a hurtin on the clone fairies.
  11. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/durge/img/eu_bg.jpg]
    Durge

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sanhill/img/eu2_bg.jpg]
    San Hill

(also seen in Ep2: [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sanhill/img/movie_sm.jpg])
  12. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, Enter the Durge! And death to so many clone troopers. :( I wonder where Obi-Wan is. Since the ARC commander had communicated with him in Ch.3, shouldn't he be there by now? And why is Anakin zipping around aimlessly, looking around like he is podracing? The Jedi need to get into the action.
  13. Soulboy Jedi Knight

Well, so far, I'm loving THE CLONE WARS. They're short, but better than nothing.
  14. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This was the first episode I was disappointed in. After seeing the clones kick butt in the last two, seeing them getting batted aside like flies by Durge and his cronies was a let down. Would have liked to have seen the clones take out at least some of Durge's cronies.
  15. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    I attribute the clones getting their butts kicked to the element of surprise. No one has seen Durge and his army of IG droids yet, so no one (especially the clones) could have anticipated it. The swoops are super fast. Very hard to hit. Although Durge taking out a clone while traveling hundreds of miles per hour was a stretch. It seems the clones are not able to improvise.

Perhaps this is why the speeder bike scenes were taken out of Ep II? Perhaps now the clones will also have to use speeder bikes.
  16. ORCADEMON Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am enjoying the Clone Wars. i just wish they could be longer! At least 30 min.But, they are proving to be a good link between ep2 and ep3.I hope they will be out on dvd.
  17. JangoMike Force Ghost

star 4
    Damn I fell asleep for 2 hours and missed it!!!

Oh well thank god for Broadband and i could watch it tomorrow.
  18. radiowahwah Jedi Padawan

does any one know whos gunna kill the girl sith in the clone wars cartoon or if it will even be shown??????
  19. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We don't know, but I'm sure it'll happen on screen.

Anyone else rooting for the clones? I'm finding it weird that I'm actually rooting for what would become the Empire to kick some droid ass.
  20. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm still waiting for my american satelite to come in, i've missed all these episodes already@!! so when will they be playing them all again? and if/when will the DVD come out?
  21. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Its on the main page or was, when the marathon hits the states.
  22. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Master

star 4
    k found it, hope i can get it quickly!! so what about the DVD?
  23. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I was skeptical at first about the IG Lancer Droids. Once I saw them, however, I was drawn right in. What a nice touch of medieval history.
  24. wise_as_yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought Durge being able to blow up those big walkers was terrible. That's ridiculous! Anyone agree?
  25. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Well, it was to establish his strength. Realistically, he couldn't have broken through that line and especially not through the armor one-by-one. Those vehicles aren't that weak. But for what it was, two minute shorts, it was wonderful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.