main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clone Wars Cartoon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    i hope they replay the marathon later at night! I mean why a friday night of all times!!!

2. Numbshiba

Numbshiba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    Here's my theory on Asajj and chapter 7... Dooku thinks she can beat Anakin, but Sidious claims "it matters not". Actually, it matters a great deal, but since Dooku's demise is also part of the plan, Sidious is being coy.

Sidious grants sending Asajj on the Anakin assasination mission, knowing that she will fail, but that her attempt will wind up satisfying Anakin's jedi trial. By sending Asajj, Sidious is essential helping ankain graduate from padawan to jedi knight. This puts him one step closer to protecting palpatine, killing dooku, being promoted to palaptine's bodyguard, and eventually exterminating the jedi. So in sending Asajj to her death, Sidious is furthering his plan of raising Anakin closer to palpatine. And before anyone flames me, yes I think Sidious and platine are the same honcho.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If I had the force I would never walk. I would float everywhere. But it only looks like they can float for a short amount of time.

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    So, that means Anakin and Ventress will have a Duel in later Episode, and Anakin defeats/kills her?

Sweet!! Can't wait!

5. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >But it only looks like they can float for a short amount of time. <

Long Enough!

In the Cartoon, Dooku levitated for 7-8 seconds.

Imagine, if Episode III Anakin and Obi-wan fight like this above the lavas... we have a Ultra Cool (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Matrix) fight!!!

I Hope GL does this style!

6. poggles_lesser

poggles_lesser Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    And the ultimate KEY --

As they said in the HS chat, the creators did NOT see the Ep3 script or designs, hence all of this is one long FAN FILM. A nice cartoon and great sequences, but there is no foreshadowing or rule breaking, because the creators know as much as we do and make it up as they go. Check the chat for the facts.

7. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Mamma mia! Dooku was just fantastic with his saber and with his Sith powers. Poor Asajj was beaten to a pulp. I anticipate great things from the Anakin/Asajj showdown.

I think both Sidious and Dooku are scoping out new blood. By pitting the two youngsters, Asajj and Anakin, against each other, they both want to see who is stronger and emerges as the victor.

Tomorrow's episode goes back to the ARCs and the ominous droids on Muunilinst, it looks like.

8. DarthRaydar

DarthRaydar Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    This chapter show's Dooku at his very best....atleast from what we've seen of him..Anakin must have perfected his skills in order to beat Dooku in EP3...Can't wait!!

9. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I see I'm not the only one who thinks Chapter 7 is the best so far. That was very cool. I really enjoyed Ventress' duel with Dooku.

10. Not_Applicable

Not_Applicable Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm wondering, does this series have any continuity with the other Clone Wars media, such as the novels and the comics? If I remember correctly, Obi-Wan and Anakin have already encountered Durge, and possibly Ventress as well. Will their eventual encounters in the cartoon reflect this?

11. SEN38

SEN38 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    you don't really want to see bullet time and flying tiger in episode 111 do you? nah....

12. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    i just realized something.

George told us to expect to see the new bad guy around late spring early summer

General Grievous is confirmed for episode 20.
    that would be in april (a little earlyier than what we were told, but i think it fits within the time schedual).

Dont flame me. im just thinking out loud :p

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The cartoon as far as I know, ties into the eu books, comics and games. The final showdown between Anakin and Ventress will most likely take place in the novel, "Jedi Trial".

14. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Just saw Ch 7. Wow! Best one yet! :D :D :D :)

15. poggles_lesser

Jul 5, 2003
    Well, as I've said, I know they have NO bearing on Ep3, but they are fun to see.

What I havent liked is the LACK of Jedi in them. I mean, Obi, Anakin, Yoda and Mace who are the 4 main Jedi after all. So far, just glimpses of them, more like cameo roles. I guess it may be the length of the shows, but with only 3 left, when ARE the "heroes" gonna pop up? Or are they going to flood the last 10 eps?

Either way, Ive had enough of the characters that WONT be in Ep3 and am all for seeing some real characters get some screen time.

That Durge guy, yuck.

16. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yet another great episode.

17. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "The cartoon as far as I know, ties into the eu books, comics and games. The final showdown between Anakin and Ventress will most likely take place in the novel, "Jedi Trial"."

Aye laddie. It just takes a bit of chronological ordering to make it all fit. ;)

Loved Dooku's force pull, slash, push combo he used to end the fight. He's still the king of duel! At least until Anakin kicks his ass in Episode III! :D

"What I havent liked is the LACK of Jedi in them. I mean, Obi, Anakin, Yoda and Mace who are the 4 main Jedi after all. So far, just glimpses of them, more like cameo roles. I guess it may be the length of the shows, but with only 3 left, when ARE the "heroes" gonna pop up? Or are they going to flood the last 10 eps?"

Obi Wan has two episodes, today's and tommorow's, of action (8&9). Anakin has two dogfighting episodes and three dueling episodes against Ventress (10&11, 17-19)! Mace has two episodes on Dantooine (12&13) followed by two with Yoda and Padme (15&16) and one with Luminara and Bariss (14).

DOES THAT SATISFY YOU! :p

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's funny. I've like all the odd number chapters the best. The first chapter was so short, but it was put together very well. Then the 3rd chapter with the arc troopers ruled. Then Kit owned Mon Calamari in Chapter 5. And now the fantastic duel between Dooku and Asajj in Chapter 7. It was awesome for just 3 minutes.

The only thing that pissed me off was that the creater said in the Hyperspace commentary, that they have to cut some fighting out to fit the time length. Boooo!

19. poggles_lesser

Jul 5, 2003
    Maybe when they whip it out onto DVD they'll add the cut scenes into the main shorts, making it an hour and one minute instead of an hour.

20. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    I actually love chapter 5 the best. But chapter 7 was pretty cool - I loved how Ventress spoke and killed all of those hapless contenders in the arena. I also loved how Sidious was involved and his voice acting was very well done.

I can't wait to see Grevious in the final chapter - maybe you could submit art on how he may look???

21. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I'm sure the best has yet to come with the chapters of the Clone Wars. Seeing Chapter 7 is showing us that the story is starting to get good.

22. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >George told us to expect to see the new bad guy around late spring early summer<

Where he said that?

23. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >And the ultimate KEY --

As they said in the HS chat, the creators did NOT see the Ep3 script or designs, hence all of this is one long FAN FILM. A nice cartoon and great sequences, but there is no foreshadowing or rule breaking, because the creators know as much as we do and make it up as they go. Check the chat for the facts. <

But it's a Fan Film with LucasFilm logo to it! :) Seriously though, GL never got involved personally with it?

24. poggles_lesser

Jul 5, 2003
    JediMaster:

In the HS chat with the two creators of Clone Wars, they said they havent read the script and they werent shown any designs for EP3. They said the new designs in the show are there own, not given to them by Lucasfilm.

I forget what they said about Lucas, but I think basically he liked the idea, it sounded like fun. WHat Lucasfilm did tell them was what they couldnt touch or what characters theyd like to see, but that was about it.

So no, the show has truly no bearing on Ep3 at all.

25. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Well, they could not be telling the Whole truth

Cuz this question was asked: Are there any hints of what is to come in Episode 3 in the series? As in new characters or vehicles?

They answered Not really... just some character developments.

Well. What about General Grevious?

And

"i'm a real fan of the films but i do not have too much knowledge about the expanded universe... is the series more related to the films or to the hole universe?"

The guys said it's really related to the films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.