main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clone Wars Cartoon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    There's actually n o confirmation it was Tambor, or he escaped. The Techno Union Ship wasn't seen taking off, and no other was confirmed to be there. So who knows?

2. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Anyone have a picture of that red armored ARC trooper from episode 21??????

3. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004

Probably been answered before, but how many seasons of SW:CW are there? Just the 2? so it finishes at the point where Palpatine is kidnapped while OBW and Anakin are summoned back to Coruscant?

4. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah .......cause after that is the movie.......

5. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    That was it. It leaves off where ROTS picks up. The running time is the same as vol. 1. The episodes were longer, 15 minutes instead of 3.

6. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Anyone have a picture of that red armored ARC trooper from episode 21??????
    Here-I can't find the direct link.
    http://img137.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img137&image=arc3al.png
    Okay.

7. Darth_Republican

Darth_Republican Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    "And yes, I realize they also do not compliment one another as far as the actual events go, but nonetheless, I'm glad I have both options available. We could have nothing - keep that in mind."

I've been re-reading and re-reading the final 60 pages of Labyrinth Of Evil and I do believe there IS a way to correlate the final few episodes of the Clone Wars cartoons with the final events in LOE. I will provide a detailed scene-by-scene chronology later on but for now think of it this way:

What you don't see on screen in the Clone Wars cartoon is happening in LOE and what you don't see happening on the pages of LOE is happening in the cartoon with the exception of a few events that are happening right after one another and few that are actually the same scenes (such as Shaak Ti & Co. pulling Palpatine out of his apartment and Grevious killing the Talz Jedi and abducting the Chancellor).

As for the Anakin and Obi-Wan scenes and Anakin's cave journey, even though the cartoon shows that happening simultaneously with the attack on Coruscant, that actually happens before the brunt of the attack as Obi-Wan and Anakin immediately pursue Dooku after their activities in the cartoon. To mesh the final Anakin/Obi-Wan scene with LOE, Anakin got a temporary arm replacement so he and Obi-Wan could quickly move out to where Dooku was hiding and then he's reparing his own custom version after the LOE Dooku events when the message from Mace comes about the Coruscant attack.

Now as far as LOE having a message to Anakin from Palpatine via Anakin's cockpit and the Clone Wars cartoon having a message from Mace via Artoo, picture it this way:

The following mixes the end of Chapter 52 of LOE and the same scene in the Clone Wars Cartoon (stuff in parentheses are parts I've added to blend more smoothly):

LOE & CWC: Obi-Wan and Anakin swung to Anakin's starfighter.
    LOE: "Artoo?" Anakin said in a concerned tone.
    LOE & CWC: The astromech tooted, shrilled, chittered.
    CCW: "An urgent message from Coruscant? Patch it through!" - Anakin
    LOE: Does he understand droid?" the crew chief asked Obi-Wan as Anakin hurried past him.
    LOE: "That droid," Obi-Wan said.
    CWC: Artoo plays holograhpic message from Mace.
    CWC: "Grievous! Battle stations! All crews to their fighters! Prepare to jump in to hyperspace! Move!" - Anakin
    LOE: Anakin began to scale the cockpit ladder. "What is it, Artoo?"
    LOE: The droid whistled and zithered (again).
    LOE: Throwing himself into open cockpit, Anakin toggled switches. Obi-Wan had just reached the base of the ladder when he heard Palpatine's voice issuing through the cockpit annunciators.
    LOE: "Anakin, if you are receiving this message, then I have urgent need of your help..."
    LOE: The crew chief?s comlink toned.
    LOE: Obi-Wan glanced from the crew chief to Anakin and back again.
    LOE: "What is it?" he asked in a rush.
    LOE: "Tight-beam comm from Coruscant," the crew said. He listened for another moment, then added, in obvious disbelief: "Sir, the Separatists have invaded!"
    LOE: Obi-Wan gaped at him (, his concern deepening).
    LOE: Above him, Anakin lifted his face to the high ceiling and let out a sustained snarl. Glaring down at Obi-Wan, he said: "Why does fate target the people who are most important to me?"
    LOE: "I-"
    LOE: "Crew chief!" Anakin cut him off. "(Didn't you just hear me a few seconds ago? We know! Now) Refuel and rearm our starfighters at once!"

See! Perfect (or close to perfect) meshing of those two scenes. Again, I will correlate by page numbers the LOE scenes and CWC events a bit later.

8. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Man... I hate HS. Stupid OS didn't give us non-HSers chap 25.

*shakes head*

*shakes fist*

*shakes booty*

I mean...

This too shall pass...

9. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    I think Ep.24 still wasn't up this time last night. 25 should be up in a while. Actually, I can't get on the OS at the moment....

10. Darth_Republican

Oct 29, 2004
    They probably will on Monday.

11. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    They already have 25 up for HSers, tho in large format.

[face_mad]

I hope yoou're righ, tho.

This too shall pass...

12. ARC-Trooper19

ARC-Trooper19 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2005
    Have to say the last five were alot better, even though i got the vol. 1 on DVD, its still cool

13. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
  14. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Chapter 25 is up for non-HS members, and it's spectacular.

What a great way to lead into ROTS.

I just wonder how Wat Tambor escaped the Skakoan massacre.

15. Jedi_Fighter_Pilot

Jedi_Fighter_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2004
    Wow. I just saw saw the entire season two on Cartoon Network, I'm on dial up so I didn't download from HS. They were incredible. Grievous was amazing. The Anakin and Obi-Wan relationship was touching. And I love how it leads directley into the beginning of RotS. Every episode was amazing!:cool:

Edit: Does anyone know when the Season Two DVD will come out? Is it in the near future or a while away?

16. Alkemist

Alkemist Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Im pretty sure this has been answered before, but if you were to seemlessly put togther all of the clone war episodes including the new ones, just how long would it be?

17. casusev

casusev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    About 130 minutes. (Season 1&2 are 69 mins, and then I dont think season 3 is longer then 60).

18. ImperialBA

ImperialBA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2004
    I just love Yoda's pose in Episode 23. Its his "we must defend the city" pose. Cracks me up everytime. Just the expression on his face.

It's like someone said "Pose!"

19. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Grievous is the coolest thing about the new season.

Great season, tho I preferred the many many short chapters.

Last episode was spectacular.

20. PerroLoco_Kenobi

PerroLoco_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2005
    OK, first, that rocked. Genndy and crew did an amazing job, both visually and with story. The whole "ghost hand" cave painting was masterful use of abstraction and music. WOW.

Second, anyone else tried to lay off to DVD yet? I just dropped the HS downloads into FCP, anamorphic, enlarged to about 345%, and increased saturation a tad. Looks amazing! I'll still buy the Season 2 disc when it arrives, if only for commentary and to support the empire. But it looks to be well worth the time to render for DVD. Very clean. Just too bad about the audio.

Geek note: Proc Amp filter at Setup: -.5, Video: +.5, Chroma +1.25 seems to do the trick without making the compression artifacts too obvious. Simple gamma might do the trick for you, just depends on your tastes.

21. Darth_Republican

Oct 29, 2004
    I render using VisualStudio and ShowBiz. What's FCP?

22. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Final Cut Pro

23. THX-1138_biggs

THX-1138_biggs Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2003
    I envy you guys. I don't have cable and I also don't have the patience to download them on my 56k modem, but you know what? I'm going to start getting them now...

But let me just know something first.

If season 1 and 2 were like the original Star Wars, ANH. What is season 3 like... (name of SW flick here) ???

24. moogerfooger

moogerfooger Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    Hey-

Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE Sony PSPs!

I've joined and I think you should as well.

It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff!

All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it!

Here is my referral link. To help me get my Sony PSP, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=16653916

25. ImperialBA

ImperialBA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2004
    Hooray for pyramid schemes!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.