main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clonetrooper/Stormtrooper Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Crimson-Larko, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    [image=http://theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Ships.jpg]

How will the predecessors to the Stormtroopers be involved in Episode 3? What do you think we will see? What do you think they will do? Why can't they shoot in the OT?

Any and all thoughts and opinions welcome.

2. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Poor Larko. Least amount of replies on this whole board. :)

The stormtroopers will probably be fighting the Jedi in the second half of the Clone Wars.

As for their bad shooting, I believe Jar Jar stumbles into the cloning fascillity and accidentally mixes some of his genes with the Jango's genes. So from that point on the stormtroopers had Jar Jar's clumsiness.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't think we'll actually see the stormtroopers until the very end of EP3. The reason I say this is because the major plot point of AOTC is that the clones were created as an advancement of the battledroid and to prove the Jedi can't protect the galaxy as effectively. After such a dramatic turn of events, I can't imagine the commissioning of a stormtrooper army to be allowed to take place so quickly. We may not even see a stormtrooper. There may be no more than a line from Palpatine saying he has plans for an even stronger trooper.

4. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    The clonetroopers are still called stormtroopers in the movies. They won't be called clonetroopers, so I was actually referring to the clonetroopers. ;)

This does get kind of confusing, because the two types of troopers are obviously different.

5. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm happy to see so many *OFFICIAL* threads floating around on the Brand Spanking New Episode III board. Maybe it'll help stop newbies from causing trouble?

What am I saying? Newbies will be newbies. :p I think so many official threads will just kill discussion, though.

Their role will be the same as always, run around and shoot at stuff.

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Realize, too, that many of the newbies are former trolls who have been banned and are starting trouble as a sock.

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    That's very true, Sapient. The dead almost always come back to haunt.

8. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    Lobot:I believe Jar Jar stumbles into the cloning fascillity and accidentally mixes some of his genes with the Jango's genes.

Isn't there a fan film about that in the works? [face_laugh]

9. wilhufftarkin

wilhufftarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    STORMIES WERE STUPID
    CLONES WERE CLONES

10. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
  11. El-Elyon

El-Elyon Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Clone wars, who fights against these new clones?

12. Darth-Zeppelin

Darth-Zeppelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm reviving an old dead thread, I know. However, the congruity of the Clonetrooper v. Stormtrooper thing puzzles me more than anything else about Ep 3. I think I have everything else figured out. Here's my theory...

After Ep 2 it seems clear that the Clones and the Jedi fight the bulk of what most deem are the clone wars between Eps 2 and 3, mostly battling the droids of the Confederacy. But!...

After these many campaigns, the Clonetroopers are mostly loyal to the Republic Jedi Order. Not a good Imperial Army. Palps needs another plan...

He introduces a new line of clones for the Empire, and the final battle of the Clone wars is actually Clone v. Clone. Stormtroopers are born out of Boba's DNA, hence no accent; and the Emperor declares himself with a huge campaign to wipe out the Jedi and their faithful clones. Vader and the Stormtroopers ay be the ones who not only eliminate the Jedi but, decimate the Clonetroopers to oblivion. This would leave a seamless lending to the OT Empire.

The Clone wars end with The Great Clone War and the rest is history...

Zoso

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
  14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Interesting theory about Boba, but there's simply not enough time. It takes 10 years to grow the clones to maturity. I suppose it could be done in, say, 5 years, but that's still to much time.

Perhaps the clone army you speak of is already being grown at the time of Episode II. At a mirror facility to those on Kamino, perhaps?

15. Doobie-Wan

Doobie-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2002
    It takes 10 years to grow the clones to maturity. I suppose it could be done in, say, 5 years, but that's still to much time.

Or maybe there is an advancement in cloning technology. Let's say it takes 2.5 years to grow a complete clone. But, even though it takes less time; the quality suffers for it. Yes, quicker army, but poor quality. just a thought. ;)

16. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Let the Clones reghn forever. Bwahahahaha!

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Sending poorer-quality, non-battle-hardened troops into combat against battle-hardened, high-quality clonetroopers and Jedi is a sure way to lose.

18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
  19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    You like that word, don't you? :p

20. XSithAvengerX

XSithAvengerX Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    I'd agree with Doobie-Wan, that's a very good possibility. The Empire always did prefer quantity over quality, so it would make sense that they would make a large amount of inferior clones in order to have a larger army faster than if they used clones that had more time to develop.

21. XSithAvengerX

Jul 14, 2002
    Then again the Jar-Jar theory does kinda work...

22. XSithAvengerX

Jul 14, 2002
  23. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    That would be a CGI nightmare! I hope the Clone Wars is not clonetroopers VS stormtroopers.

24. Danny Torrance

Danny Torrance Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2000
    There are so many clones on Kamino still waiting to mature- what happens to them? There are millions, I think. Most of them aren't old enough to fight for or become loyal to the Republic by Episode III. Only the mature ones already fighting would have any loyalty to the Jedi and the Republic.

We know the young ones have to be educated, as well as trained to fight. The clone children (five year olds) we saw in AOTC won't be old enough to fight in III. The youngest clones we saw (the ones in the hatchery) need about eight more years from III to become mature. So by maturity, they'll be in the time of the Empire. The clones have been altered to be more docile and there are many more clones waiting to mature than there are mature clonetroopers already deployed for war.

For Boba to be the new clone template, it means these millions of clones-in-waiting have to be destroyed and a new batch made with even more increased accelerated growth... why wouldn't Palpatine use the numerous clones already available to him? They'll be young, untrained, and ready to follow his orders... I don't know about the switch from New Zealand to American accents- though accents are a product of environment (Boba loses his NZ accent by the OT)- so maybe the clones will be taken away from Kamino at a young age. Maybe the Kaminoans refuse to serve Palpatine's Empire and be punished, and the clones are taken away and trained differently, or maybe altered even more- which could be the costly mistake in the future. Would the Kaminoans really go along with the Empire?

Either way, by the OT, new batch or old batch, the clones will be pretty old because of their accelerated growth.

25. Danny Torrance

Danny Torrance Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2000
    Also, maybe the stormtroopers are trained in a Hitler Youth-type situation, and their role within the Empire and their indoctrination makes them less creative and more "weak-minded".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.