main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clonetrooper/Stormtrooper Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Crimson-Larko, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgarvin

darthgarvin Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    I was watching the mpeg of C3 for about the 90th time and is it just my imagination but do Commander Baccara's Legion snowclones ave Red helmets maybe its just my eyes? Anyone notice.

2. Darth_Prefect

Darth_Prefect Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey all. New to the forum, but a life-long Star Wars fan. I have read most of this thread and wanted to throw in my $.02....

I think the original stormtroopers are clones of Jango, obviously...but to explain the differences in the OT, all you have to say is that other, possibly multiple DNA-doners were used. This could also explain "elite" stormtroopers (red guards). Not all stormtroopers are created equal so to speak.

This was done out of nessecity because you don't want to have all of your "eggs" in one basket so to speak in terms of clones. Might also explain the aim as Jango was a great marksman, but perhaps later donors were not. It is not hard to grasp. Also, consider if some particular "weakness" was found in the jango clones (he was lactose intolerant or something). Therefore, it makes better sense to have your clones from multiple sources.

After the empire first rises, more cloning facilities are produced, but on a secret planet (people know about kaimino, so theoretically the rebellion would target this location....assuming it wasn't already destroyed.), so the stormtroopers even up to the time of the OT are still clones, although from multiple sources.

The reason that there are no clones in the EU after ROTJ (i.e. Zahn books) is that the location of the planet with the facility was possibly unknown to imperial commanders because the emperor kept it secret (although thrawn tracked down Mt. Tantiss) or possibly destroyed or rendered unoperational. At that point the empire is on the downward swing and needs to go with regular recruits (which also diminishes quality). When Thrawn starts growing more clones, the New Republic fears the worse because of the thought aof limitless soldiers, something not seen in awhile.

Also, consider that perhaps by the time of the OT, the empire was using multiple sources of DNA for the clones simply to mask the fact they were still making clones. If you had say even a 1000 donors, the odds are you would never see enough stormtroopers without the helmets off to see two that were alike....

All other imperial troops and personnel came from the academy.

Sorry for the long post and if I restated some material, but just wanted to add my thoughts....

3. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Are there any good quality pics of Bacarra that arn't toys? I want to make his costume.

4. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    I think the CLone troopers are alot better than the Storm Troopers , They seem to be alot more efficiant at what they do , The stormtroopers must be normal humans etc because they dont seem trained too well.

5. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Clonetroopers were battle hardened fighting a war. Stormtroopers with the exception of a little excursion here or there have been pretty much sitting around for 20 years.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think the CLone troopers are alot better than the Storm Troopers , They seem to be alot more efficiant at what they do , The stormtroopers must be normal humans etc because they dont seem trained too well.

Actually, they're the same trained. The difference is that the Stormtroopers aren't supposed to kill the good guys.

7. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Ye but the clones are made to fight

8. General_Tekno

General_Tekno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    There's no "Copy" uttered at any time by Stormtroopers! Is that not definite proof that they are not clones?

9. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Are there jetpack troopers in this movie?
    There was a really cool one in an AOR, and one comes with a Lego Kashyyk set.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There's no "Copy" uttered at any time by Stormtroopers! Is that not definite proof that they are not clones?

Lucas said that they're all clones in the OT. That's proof enough.

11. Darth_Fee

Darth_Fee Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    Episode III will change the why i look at the stromtroopers, has a kid i always though them has the bad guys, now i see they are just following orders. I kind of feel bad for them :(

Although Imperial Officers are Evil

12. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    It would be pretty cool to place bets on clone gladiator battles because they would start off with the same potential to win.

13. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    I had a thought last night after purchasing the clone commander action figure. I went into my kitchen after opening him, and looked at the calender briefly. boba fett is this months picture. then....it hit me. bobas suit has green,yellow,red, and blue armor pieces.{nothing new}
    then...I got to thinking about the republic commando game.....and how each clone in this unit is a piece of jango fetts personality. together as a squad...they equal one complete fett.
    Then the mystery of bobas armor became clear......each part of his armor honors a different squad of the original fett cloned clones. so next time you see boba...remember he has all the skills of his father...and is the perfect soldier. His armor is a mish mash of all the different clone units...red gauntlets,yellow shoulder and knee pads,blue rocket pack,green-olive armor........he is the ultimate clone trooper so to speak.....what do you guys think?

14. ChewbaccasUncleItchy

ChewbaccasUncleItchy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Why not, makes as much sense as anything.

15. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    obi1andreasen79, good observation!

16. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    :D thanks! I was kinda bummed about no boba....even if he is a background character...I always liked him. If this is true....it's a neat little nod to fett,and would add onto his character when we see him in the OT. he flies the colors of the original clone army. how cool.

17. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
  18. tharealdeal

tharealdeal Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Of course the clone troops are eventually stormtroopers. The difference is this, a different time period in acting so the stormtroopers seem less dangerous than the clones when in fact they are prob better. Different technologies bring different results that is common sense I would suppose. And I am making a statement.

19. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    who are you talking to?

20. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    <<and is the perfect soldier.>>

That's why Boba ends up just like the stormtroopers, eh? Missing the main stars, having his blaster sliced in half by a lightsaber and his jet pack plastered by a staff held by a semi-blind man yelling his name.

Yeah, the stormtroopers are indeed clones, they act just like Boba. :D

21. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    i would say that this could definately be a new type of cameo...

lucas was probably somewhat reluctant to give him a "real" cameo, but figured that hard core boba fans would recognize it for what it is.

a little treat for the boba fans perhaps :)

22. Jedi_Master_Farkas

Jedi_Master_Farkas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Oh how the Fett fans will hate you for that one LOLOLOL

I agree with you though ....what was Boba's claim to fame ?

Best thing he ever did was hang out in some garbage and follow the falcon ....

23. jvberggren

Nov 8, 2004
    That's why Boba ends up just like the stormtroopers, eh? Missing the main stars, having his blaster sliced in half by a lightsaber and his jet pack plastered by a staff held by a semi-blind man yelling his name.

is that really any different from being picked up by an old man in a suit with one arm who has a lounge problem?

24. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    well I guess boba fett may seem timid to the younglings who post here that grew up on pokemon and such....but back in my day fett was the man. No matter how he ended up or what he did or didn't do...fett will always be an icon in the star wars lore. when I see boba after seeing how the clones will look in R O T S I see he is flying the colors of the clones of his father that formed the core of the republic army.
    each piece of his armor represents a history...a history a warrior would be proud of.
    no matter who hates on boba fett...for his weak death, or whatever their reasons are...they can't take away the thrill of seeing him the first time. of seeing slave 1 escape cloud city with han solo in the cargo hold. It's a shame we won't see what young fett was up to during the clone wars...but I know eventually we may know. for now...I feel I finally understand the meaning behind his tattered , multi colored armor....it is simply his show of pride for his father and is legacy. each color represents a different piece of his father....each dent in his armor represents the fetts history of battle.....
    for those wondering how boba would take his revenge on the jedi.....just look at his armor...and remember the clones who wiped out the jedi when they were given 0rder 66.

"they'll do their job well...I can guarantee that" "fett demanded only one thing...an unaltered clone for himself...curious isn't it" "always a pleasure to meet a jedi" indeed...revenge of the sith is also revenge of the fetts......and for me...revenge is sweet!

25. jvberggren

Nov 8, 2004
    i must admit i like this take on boba and his relationship to the clone troopers. makes me wonder if lucas will comment on it?

i hope he does :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.