main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clonetrooper/Stormtrooper Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Crimson-Larko, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    Eh, if he had a lot of pride, why didn't he just wear his father's armour without changing anything. I guess the color scheme works, but I connect the colors on the clonetroopers from AOTC and ROTS with the Republic and its thoughts than with any connection with Jango.

The colors seem to be something cool that Lucas should have thought about a long time ago. Just another example of how the PT has color stuff in it than the OT only because its more contemporary.

The colors seem to be how the republic designates the troopers duties and ranks. It seems to be done more for the benefit of the Jedi and republic officers/beurocrats than for the clones themselves. I guess the gain some benefit too. But I don't see the colors as a reflection of jango's personality. Now Republic Commando's may have added some fine touches of flavor to the origin's of the clones, but I have no knowledge of information to substantiate such claims.

The clones and storm troopers are faceless soldiers who fight for whatever cause they are commanded. Whether there clones or regular humans, makes little difference to me.

Clone Wars should have been a war of clones v clones, not clones v droids, but oh well.

Peace Out

2. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    It says in the V.D. The color of the clones is a source of pride for them as it represents their generation/legion. also..individual personalities have begun to surface in the clones,especially in the commanders. their rallying cry remains"one man but the right man for the job". so...the colors and the clones identities have more meaning than you may have been aware of IP.
    :D glad I could share....
    and also bobas pride in his father is also pride in his fathers army. If they cloned my dad into an a** whipping army...I would be proud.

3. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    oh...and just for the record...since were gonna be on kashyyyk in episode three anyhow....we could have seen boba taking a wookie scalp or two. and don't give me the he's too young tripe either....any 13 year old with a laser rifle and a space ship can do some damage.
    the only problem is why would he be on kashyyyk? that I can't answer. anyone....?

4. i_love_watto

i_love_watto Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Further proof of GL's take on stormtroopers/clones: In the audio commentary of AOTC, in the scene when Jango's exiting Kamino and walking up the ramp of his ship, he bumps his head. GL mentions that was put in so as to mirror the shot in ANH when troopers enter the control room with R2 and 3PO and the last trooper through the door on the right bumps his head. Problems with estimating heights and clearances when wearing a helmet was cloned into stormtroopers.

5. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    you know, GL sometimes feels the need to explain entirely TOO much....hell, leave some to the imagination. i simply gathered that after the purge, and having the galaxy claim him to be emperor to a rousing standing ovation, just like any other empire, he probably conscripted the best of materials, and monies from all over the galaxy, and took the best of the clone troopers and opened imperial academies.....trained his leaders, aka, grand admirals, grand moffs, etc and instead of giving heirarchy to the clones, he simply gave the jobs of leading the armies, (once reserved for jedi) to the tarkins and needas and veers' of the galaxy. that WOULD explain the absence of color within the stormtrooper's armor.

BUT, OBI79, I gotta admit, that was WAAAAAAAAAAY from left field and about as abstract as it gets, but tell me, who is a bigger hero to a 12 year old boy than his father? CERTAINLY, understanding the psychology of a young man, this makes total sense. Boba's armor and colors.......how the hell did you come up with that tho?

6. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    just figured that since jangos original suit is not worn by boba ,the one he chooses to wear means something to him. plus...look at the clones in R O T S and see how many of boba fetts suit parts you can spot on them. you'll see. his heritage means alot to him. this was covered in the visual dictionary for AOTc. he's all the best parts of the clones in one...which makes him exactly what he is...an exact clone of jango. but the clone army who helped wipe out the jedi would obviously be a great source of pride for him to.

thats what makes him so special in the OT also. the golden age of the clones is over...other sources have been selected...more docile...more predictable....
    so morpheus...your theory holds weight....which is exactly why I believe I am right. BOBA is the last of these warriors...and since he is untampered with and pure...he's the man. as a bounty hunter...he can carry on the legacy...and make his prey respect and fear the name fett.

7. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    I always wanted to see someone get disintegrated.

8. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Die, Jedi Dogs!

9. Kaiser-Palpatine

Kaiser-Palpatine Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    I dont think Stormetroopers are Clonetroopers. In my opinion, all clones are dead in the OT.
    Why?
    Accelerated growth = accelerated aging (Boba Fett is not affected, because he didnt undergo the accelerating growth process). The clones are clearly made to be easily disposed, after they expired there usefullness. Imagin the social difficulties, if the clones could life a normal lifespan (millions of trained killers with no hope to reintegrating them into the society).
    Further clues are in the OT. Vader commanded an officer to oversee the Tattoine-search personally (if I remember correctly). On Tattoine, we see only imperial personal in Stormtrooper-Armor. If GL had the CTroopers intendet to be later STroopers, we surely would have seen on the DS or on other occasions the same officer-face (another point, it would have been difficult in the late 70s to show the same face severall times, no cg then).

10. Nihilist

Nihilist Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
    In the most recent issue of Star Wars insider, the question of why the troopers all have different voices when they were all cloned from Jango is asked. The response goes into the usual "they didn't know they were going to be clones in the 70s" answer, and then says the interesting thing:

"However, there is also an in-universe explanation, provided by none other than George Lucas himself. During the productions of Episode III, Lucas told crewmembers that the stormtroopers seen in Episode IV are made from multiple sources. That is, they're not all Jango clones. By that time in the saga, other clone hosts have been selected.

Lucas intimated that the selection proces has become more political than strategic in some cases - a highly placed officer's cousin might be selected over a more capable specimen, for example. The politicization results in less-than-ideal candidates, which could explain some of the embarrasing marksmanship witnessed in the original trilogy."
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay that solves it..clones from different hosts..weaker, because nepotism became part of the process..wow, he never ceases to amaze with his answers.

So they're clones from a weaker gene pool. Kinda explains the ineptitude, the humans in the empire are the officers.
    The troopers are clones though..lucas saved himself on this one.

11. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    IMO Lucas originally said that as a joke when Pablo asked the same question and Pablo took it as gospel. Seeing as how it's Pablo's job to make the EU fit seamlessly into the movies as best he can, I don't blame him for the subterfuge, but it's still bull****.

12. Nihilist

May 8, 2005
    So I guess the troopers are whatever you feel inclined to believe. I'll take clones.

13. DARTH-DIABLO

DARTH-DIABLO Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    Maybe one of the few Jedi left spread throughout the galaxy will the sabotage the clone factory on Kamino. Or the jar Jar theory. The moron probably takes a leak in a cloning tank giving the future rebel alliance a helping hand in balance for giving Paplpatine emergency powers in the first place

14. Sersa_Tomad

Sersa_Tomad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Stormtroopers are gungas in disguise.

15. Nihilist

May 8, 2005
    Here's what I find funny about the debate..if we're assuming that humans would be more inept we're going in a pretty strange direction mentally. You're going to say that if they're human that not one human recruit would be at least as good a marksman as jango..with all the troopers we see fire and miss, not one..so jango was the greatest human marksman in the history of the galaxy? And all those trained humans somehow just panic in battle an become morons. It's the clone selection process..it becomes flawed. When power is attained, it's natural for complacency and short cuts, thats what leads to the success of the rebels in a way. Many errors both human and clone related. Between the officers and the soldiers.

16. Darth_Chuzzle

Darth_Chuzzle Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    The stormtroopers might be clones of someone else, because all of the PT clones would have died of old age after 20 years.

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I just laughed when I remembered that fake AOTC trailer from way back showing hundreds of Boba Fett's attacking the jedi. I was excited to see that, but glad they went the route they did.

What do you guys think of these clones/Stormtrooper designs? I am in awe of the coolness, and obviously many are too since their action figures are always sold out, but what do you guys think of all the colors (I've seen blue,orange,red,green on the helmets) and shapes of the uniforms? My favorite is still the old OT style, but leaning toward the tank commander.

18. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    In AOTC, Lama Su says that the clonetroopers take any order without question. Do you think he knew about Order 66?

19. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    I love the new clone look, and the old G1 AOTCs clonetroopers as well.

In terms of toys, I would love to see more variations (battle-scarred, clean, etc...) as well as more weapon-variation (Not just the DC-15 rifle or the blaster, but other tools, impliements, equipment - eg: Binoculars, com links, rope, grappling hooks, datapads, etc...).

I think my favourite look so far is the Clone Commander, with red regalia.

:) The shock troopers are kewl as well (red)

I'd be interested to know if the clone troopers on board the venator class star destroyers, belonging to the Open Circle Fleet, had the emblem of the Open Circle on them...

:) Did anybody see this emblem worn by any clonies?

20. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    you see their was a problem with the CloneTroopers that after the war ended they did no what to do, or who to fight so they went on strike, and so the Kamino cloners had to find another cheaper, stupider template to create the stormtroopers to they then inlisted a the dna of a local resident of naboo Jar-jar something

21. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    the stormtroopers are defilently stupider

22. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Stormtroopers are clones!!!

They may not all be clones of Jango.

They are, however, still clones.

You have to remember that the entire Imperial Army wasn't made up of stormtroopers.

That's where the conscripts came in.

What do you think the Imperial Acadamies were for?

23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Does anyone have a pic or description of those clonetroopers on Ki Adi Mundi's planet that look like snowtroopers?

24. Vegemighty

Vegemighty Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    I always thought that the stormtroopers that went on military operations and invasions and all were clones but the planetary defense forces like the ones on Corosant were conscripts and volunteer. But then why are only humans allowed to volunteer.

25. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I dont think Stormetroopers are Clonetroopers. In my opinion, all clones are dead in the OT.
    Why?
    Accelerated growth = accelerated aging (Boba Fett is not affected, because he didnt undergo the accelerating growth process).

That's the most logical explanation I've read so far.

I think that what most likely happens is the clones are phased out, and replaced with enlisted men and graduates of the Imperial Academy. Since the Emperor feels he has already won, he sees no need for maintaining such highly trained troops, and allows the pool to be mixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.