main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series OFFICIAL THREAD: CW 3D Animated Series *Pictures*

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    My oh my, those pix look amazing =D=

2. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    If you think those look good, I urge you to go out and buy DK's Clone Wars Visual Guide. I've made it about halfway through the book and there's been around 10 or 12 things especially which really pumped me up as a fan. The pictures are beautiful and well worth $15 for nearly 150 pages. There's some great shots of the ships which are new to the series. I'm already loving the Twilight- it really has a Falcon feel to it.

Be warned that there are some spoilers, but the outcomes of the battles and movie aren't.

3. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Yeah i have that too. It's really cool. A lot of great stuff in that. There's like 5000 pictures of characters, ships, droids, lightsabers, clones, Hutts, everything and it covers much of the TV show as well.

4. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    It also gives a very literal meaning to one of the episode titles we've already heard.

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I ordered mine from amazon, it should be arriving soon, i cant wait!! :D

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Is it really any worse than General Grievous?

7. TheTelmarine

TheTelmarine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    How dare you insult the general's name?! [face_shame_on_you] :mad: LOL :D

8. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes, I'm SO beyond happy that we have a fan doing this thing because he is obviously aware of stuff that fans like. How lame would it be if they got someone who didn't even know what an IG-88 was?

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002

[image=http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/spreads/all/7/6/9781405332767L_120.jpg]

[image=http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/spreads/all/7/6/9781405332767L_118.jpg]

[image=http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/spreads/all/7/6/9781405332767L_048.jpg]

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    SBD you just made my day.

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Woooow these all look amazing. I'm especially liking the picture of Yoda vs the tank, looks like it might have some good humour to it, old crazy Yoda-like.

One problem I have though, is Ahsoka facing off against Grievous in that picture. Are we to believe that a 14 year old Padawan can hold her own against him, but Ki-a-Mundi, Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti all got their ***es handed to them?! Either it's going to make Grievous look even more pathetic or Ahsoka has to get wounded and taken down.

It looks like Kit might get the chance to redeem himself, though.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Maybe that's the episode where she dies.

13. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Yeah I'm pretty much writing the previous Clone Wars cartoon out of continuity. I never cared much for it, especially the back half and the way it felt so abbreviated and the Jedi were exaggerated. Yuck.

Thanks SBD -- FINALLY I have a name for the Mon Cal padawan! Nahdar Vebb. New. Favorite. Jedi. :)

Ahsoka won't die... at least not until the very end. Filoni has stated that if they go dark with this show it won't be until the very end. And that's a big if considering the network it is on and the audience that will be tuning in. For the more adult SW tv show I think we have to wait for the live action series.

14. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    It had bloody well better be. If Ahsoka defeats Grievous...jeez, I dunno how I'll be able to take TCW seriously.

15. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Yay... on closer glance I see Toydarians are in the show!

16. TheTelmarine

TheTelmarine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    Grievous has a pet?! [face_thinking] :eek: :D

17. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    Yeah, he does. At C3, he said "Here. Doggy Doggy, Here.... Doggy Doggy" to a small child in the Grievous Voice. I really need that as my ring tone [face_laugh]

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's just disturbing.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think the viewer will just have to employ "suspension of disbelief" for every battle in The Clone Wars.

We know which characters will survive, so the journey is going to be the important part.

The mythology of Grievous leading up until ROTS led us to believe that it took someone of Kenobi's stature (and the Jedi think he's amazing) to face him. We're going to see many Jedi run from Grievous, which really only adds to his legend.

Ditto Anakin and Dooku, Obi-Wan and Ventress, etc. What we're going to enjoy is how they fight, where they fight, and how the fight ends.

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Seriously though, if Ahsoka somehow defeats Grievous I will be so very dissappointed. Obi Wan even had a tough time defeating him in ROTS. I'm guessing Ahsoka will be wounded, or atleast pushed back and some Jedi, or a battalion of troops will come to the rescue causing Grievous to hastily dip.

and I love that Mon Calamari padawan too. His little beady eyes... he's really cute :p

21. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Sounds like the Mon Calamari Jedi doesn't last long.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    From, http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article1502758.ece?offset=6

[image=http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5324/padmedp8.jpg]

[image=http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/6204/jabbagp8.jpg]

23. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    In the caption for that pic of Ahsoka and Greivous, it says that she just stopped him from striking down and killing Captain Rex so she has the advantage of surprise in that moment.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Here's what it says on wookieepedia,

Later on, Ahsoka would foolishly meet face to face with General Grievous on Skytop Station, alone. There, the young Togruta would learn from her mistake as the droid general grabbed ahold of her neck, but she eventually escaped afterwards.[1]

25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I bet it's gonna be like the Anakin/Dooku moment from AOTC. She's being arrogant by facing off against Grievous after he's an infamous Jedi killer and he's going to teach her she's not all powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.