main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Darth Vader in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthBane93, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Confirmed by Pablo.

* VADER appears on CORUSCANT.

What does he do on Coruscant? I thought he appeared only at the birth chamber and the star destroyer. What's he doing on Coruscanr? Slaughtering Jedi I hope.

2. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Darth Vader being christened after the suit makes no sence at all. We have to see Vader in his prime and Palpatine logically to make Anakin a Sith based on his loyalty to him nad willingness to help him. The killing of Mace will show just that. it is Vaderlike killing the Jedis and thats why Anakin will be Vader long before the duel and by the time the Jedi Temple slaughter happens, why he will be given the name by that point.

3. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    ^^^ No. He will earn the name as a result of his obedience to Palpatine and his victory over the Jedi. The sith knighting is at the end after Palpatine crowns himself Emperor.

4. Harrison_Solo

Harrison_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    ^^^ Doesn't Palpatine declare himself Emperor right after Mace dies, when Palps declares the Jedi to be hunted by the Storm troopers? If so, then what you said would mean that Anakin gets the name Vader before going to the Temple. I'm certain Palps becomes Emperor before the end of the movie.

5. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Well Pablo confirming Vader is on Coruscant does NOT mean we will see suited Vader Coruscant. Nick Gillard made a similar comment in that he says "Vader's fighting style was the most difficult to choreograph". That doesnt mean Vader in suit...it means Anakin Skywalker's style before and after he turns to the darkside.

What Pablo probably is referring to is Vader as Anakin Skywalker "turned". Anakin will slaughter the Jedi, not Vader. Vader to me, and until it is proved differently, means Anakin gone, scarred, burnt, crippled, and in that great suit of his.

You will not, from what we know of the movie, see a suited Vader anywhere other than his "birth room" and that dumb Star Destroyer bridge. And that royally sucks.

6. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Harrison_Solo yeah, I'm pretty sure Palps becomes Emperor before the end too... I meant that Vader is knighted at the end when he is in the suit.

7. Darth_Kermit

Darth_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2003
    My understanding is that Anakin will get the name Vader after the temple raid. Remember Obi-Wan and Yoda are supposed to see footage of Anakin kneeling before the emperor.

Could this be the knighting itself?

8. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    ^^^ I dont think that is the "knighting" itself. It will either happen after Anakin helps off Mace and Palps calls him Darth Vader before the Temple Raid, and the more likely scenario is that of Anakin being named Vader when there is nothing left of his former self...and that happens after the duel with Obi and Anakin is in the suit.

To me, the latter makes more sense and is what will likely happen. And I think spoilers confirms this. Yes?

9. Peter_Skywalker

Peter_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2004
    What does the word "Vader" mean & once Vader is born does Ani soul die until, he meats & faces off against his Son Luke?

10. Darth_Pott

Darth_Pott Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2004
    Darth Vader is a tragic figure. The saga makes this clear, especially in the line "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force."

But this does not make Vader a victim, free of responsibility, or someone only to feel sorry for apart from seeing him as evil.

Kenobi later says "He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed." He says this to prove the truth of his earlier misleading explanation of how "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father."

This clearly implies that Anakin chooses his path. He's not forced into it from the outside, and it's not the only choice he can possibly make given circumstances, environment and the other elements of tragedy.

Vader chooses, therefore he's responsible, and therefore his wrong choices for which he's responsible make him earn the description "evil." Certain circumstanceso ut of his control and the failings of other people may contribute, but no one except Anakin is responsible for Darth Vader. It is part of Anakin's willfull blindness that he seems to blame so much on Obi-Wan and the Jedi. It's an attempt to shift the responsibility for his actions elsewhere. It's always someone else's fault where the sinner is concerned.

Andrew

11. Macutopia

Macutopia Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2003

Apologies if this has been said before but I am new here.

I agree with ogilbyb - I recon Vader will be born part way through the movie and go onto kill many jedi himself. Surely they would not show the ending of one of the most anticipated movies of all time in the first 20 seconds of the 1st teaser trailer? Yes ok, everyone knows vader is born in this film but to show that at the end would just be too obvious. Vader kicks some serious butt in this one and goes on to show us just why when he enters the first scene in ANH, he is so then feared. It would just leave a big gap inbetween his birth and doing bad stuff in ANH for everyone to make up in their own minds just how evil Vader is. That is why I recon Vader is one evil MoFo in the last 1/4 of ROTS.

Well that just my thoughs anyway.

12. DARTH_DORKINS

DARTH_DORKINS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Hey can someone direct me to where it has been said officially that Vader in the suit will not wield a lightsaber in EpIII? I keep seeing all this new merchandise, even the new figure, and he has a lightsaber lit. I'm not saying its not true, I just wanna know where it says that. Maybe there will be a scene where Vader sees Obi Wan after he is in the suit and this would suggest the line, "You should have not of come back" If this is redundant and it makes your day to flame me, go ahead, just curious. Thanks

13. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

Does this look familiar to anyone?

http://www.rdecom.army.mil/rdemagazine/200309/itl_future_warrior_uniform.html

14. Darth_Hienous

Darth_Hienous Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    Anakin and Obi-Wan land on the Separatists flag ship. Obi-wan and Anakin duel Count Dooku with Palpatine (still held captive) looking on.

Mid-Way through the duel Greivous enters and begins to duel with Obi-Wan.

Palpatine encourages Anakin in his duel with Count Dooku which ends with Anakin killing Dooku.

Obi-Wan is injured by Greivous and Anakin saves Obi-Wan before General Greivous escapes.

At the Jedi council Obi-Wan is commended for his action in the Clone Wars and becomes a member of the Jedi Council. Anakin however is reprimanded for killing Dooku.

Anakin is angry that the Jedi council don't sufficiently acknowledge his achievement in killing Dooku and is bitter that Obi-Wan was granted a place on the council for his actions.

Palpatine asks the council to permit Anakin to be his personal bodyguard in light of his recent kidnapping, the Jedi accept his request.

Being in the close proximity of the Sith-Lord, it's inconcievable that anyone could resist the temptation to the Darkside.

Anakin is especially vulnerable with his emotions, and deceit. He has hid his romance, and wedding from, well everyone.

The Entire story is the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker. When people ask, who was more powerfull than whom? Darth Vader was the most powerfull. The other characters are only supporting cast members.

15. Darth_Hienous

Darth_Hienous Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    12 minutes are dedicated to Vader in Suit.

16. crackvader

crackvader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hey!

This has probably been said before (I haven't read every post before mine), but I'll take a chance:

I bought the latest Vanity Fair a couple of days ago and in the article, Lucas says this about Vader's injuries:

"Anakin[...]ended up losing his arms and a leg..."

So I guess that settles it regarding this issue...

17. Darth_Sprocket

Darth_Sprocket Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    "You will not, from what we know of the movie, see a suited Vader anywhere other than his "birth room" and that dumb Star Destroyer bridge. And that royally sucks. "

Quit complaining and enjoy the flick....

18. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Having just read LoE, I have an interesting theory...

We know that the Geonosians built Grievous' "suit." Now, wouldn't it make sense that Sidious also commisioned the Geonosians to build Vader's suit?

Also, consider this-
      "But the Geonosians had ways of modifying the mind without a patient ever being aware that he had been tampered with."

It would certainly add a new spin to things...

19. Darth_Drew

Darth_Drew Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2005
    so does Vader grow into his outfit? Outfit looks a little loose, and does he grow in between Ep. 3 and ANH. Just looks wrong.

20. DARTHSARDONE

DARTHSARDONE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
  21. DARTHSARDONE

DARTHSARDONE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    is it ever gonna be explained why vader the big bad azz is afraid of tarkin

22. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
  23. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Yes! Hayden will make a fine Lorenzo! [face_love] Go Hayden!!

Interesting that this new movie of his has to do with "Black Death" ;) That's our Dark Lord for ya!

I'm just depressed cuz this probably means that he won't be at C3 :_|

C3 with no Anakin is like a day without sunshine! *sniff*

-AnakinsLuv

24. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Good to see Hayden start other work.

25. femme01

femme01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2004
    Thank you for the info, rhonderoo. :)

Hayden will be hot in anything he does. :p