main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Darth Vader in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthBane93, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    That sounds awesome! I like the movie idea a lot.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Lucky summama...

He gets to work with Mischa Barton...after fighting with a lightsaber for 4 years.

Now I envy him more.

3. Darth_Drew

Darth_Drew Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2005
    So why and when does Anakin arm get repaired from AOTC

4. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    Will we see Darth Vader and his clone troops bust down the door to the jedi temple the same way they did at the beginning of ANH?

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Guys, I'm sure someone's already noticed this, but looking back through webdoc 10, there is footage of Anakin approaching Gunray, just in case you missed it.

6. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    "There is no fighting in it....just walk....hit the mark and say a line- thats the extent of it"-hayden on being vader in the suit!

This is a quote from the UK Film Mag...I think its McCallum.

:(

Oh well. At least we know now. As a Vader (suited) fan wanting to see a younger version of the suit fighting...even for a bit...I am extremely disappointed.

After May 19...I'll just go watch the OT I guess and never look back. :-

7. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Unfortunately we'll only see Vader for a few seconds standing next to Palpatine towards the end of the movie. It is possible that we'll get to see Vader cutting down Jedi in video games or the rumored Star Wars T.V. show (which I doubt will come about).

8. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Well I wouldnt want to see Vader in a tv show...they probably just couldnt do it right.

Makes more sense by the end of EpIII...all the Jedi are dead except for the twins, Obi, and Yoda. More poignant that way.

Still really disappointed and bummed out, even though we all saw it coming over the last half year or so. :(

9. jtls1986

jtls1986 Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    god....how many of you have not even read the damn character guides, weapon guides, and planet guides and crap....

i'm betting less than half of you have watched the original Star Wars trilogy like 20 times :p

haha!!!!

"As for Vader's injuries, it would be interesting to see if his eyesight is altered by wearing the mask, but I doubt we will be given any insight on that matter."

Vader's mask gives him infrared vision and whatnot...so it gives him augmentation to his normal eyesight, it does not really "alter" his eyesight...more like enhance ;)

The molten pit he falls in supposedly "singed" his lungs and so he requires a life support system to help him breathe

here...buy this for more info :p

Star Wars Guide to Characters

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345395352/qid=1109702437/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/103-8891669-5933401?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

(the original guide to characters has more detailed information about vader ;)

10. MajorNerd

MajorNerd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    i still think hayden's quotes about what he does in the suit COULD be deceptive...why would anyone rule out the possibility that vader could be CGI in certain scenes, after all, ALL the storm troopers in PT have been CGI as well...

11. BigMackDaddy

BigMackDaddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    Here's how I break Vader's situation down.

1. He is missing all four organic limbs. When he is recovered he is missing all limbs, save for a mechanical right forearm.

2. His fall form the cliff most likely shattered every bone in his torso and also cracked his skull on the side. This accounts for his paralysis at the end of RotJ when his suit is badly damaged.

3. The intense heat of a near by lava severely scorched his lungs, vocal chords, and it probably damaged his vision. I don't know about his hearing or smelling. We know his sense of touch is intact, as he felt pain in ESB and RotJ. But there is no doubt that his skin was badly burned.

So what does that leave?

A cripple barely clinging to life, but filled with an intense rage.

12. jedi_master_is_back

jedi_master_is_back Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2004
    We will see Vader in his prime in Episode III

How he was before the suit.

After ROTS he will be strengthened as one of the most evil characters in cinema history.

GL wants us to show the real Vader in Rots.

13. JangoFunk

JangoFunk Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    I wouldn't be surprised if a little scene snuck in which depicts Vader coming out of his "physical transformation" full of rage. Many a droid will be halved in that particular sequence.;)

14. Uric-Qel-Droma

Uric-Qel-Droma Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Will we see Darth Vader and his clone troops bust down the door to the jedi temple the same way they did at the beginning of ANH?

that would be interesting to see...

on a side note, has anyone been to the EP3 game site? on there they have all these special jedi like jedi brutes, snipers etc...i wonder if we get to see any of them..

15. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I don't know about his hearing or smelling.

According to the novel, his sense of hearing is based on audio sensors pumping direct data into his brain.

16. DarthKatarn22

DarthKatarn22 Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    I thinkHayden is a good choice for vader they could have stuck a tall guy in the suit but hayden refused to let that happen

17. mybad4990

mybad4990 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005
    Hi all. WHile i am eager to see ROTS, many people are complaining because of Vader's sudden "growth spurt" over Palpy. After hearing a few certain spoilers about the duel with Obi, if most of you can remember, Vader loses both legs. My point is, The people who were putting Vader into the suit had to create 2 artifical legs to drepalce the ones he lost in the duel. Now these people didn't know Vader so they could'nt have known his EXACT leg length, so they may have made the legs a little bit long than they should have. I just wanted to post this, and sorry if this has been explained already.

*well i made a topic on this and it got locked,so i will jus post it in this thread.

18. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Maybe he gets adjustments over the years to his legs??? Who knows :)

19. RancorMan33333

RancorMan33333 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    Its concievable that will just make Darth shorter and just hope noone notices besides diehards like us.

20. banistersmind

banistersmind Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2005
    I was taken by this study of Anakin Skywalker's injuries suffered as a result of the Mustafar battle.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

Wonder if GL or anyone within the crew gave any thought to give a nod to this excellent resource when considering how they were going to tackle the injuries.

21. Darth_Fee

Darth_Fee Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    Does have Darth Vader have to eat and use bathroom and other sceince facts? or should i just tell myself its a movie and i need sit back and relaxxx....

22. CrazySaber

CrazySaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2004
    I have always wondered about those things.

23. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    ^^ Some mysteries are better left unsolved. ;)

So now we have the screenplay...what do you all think?

We now know that Vader (suited) has very little screentime.

And unsuited Vader's acceptance of the darkside is a little...rushed.

I like some of the screenplay though.

I did like the pics of crispy Anakin though!! :)

24. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Havent seen this thread in awhile. These were the initial questions I had after watching AOTC way back when. I guess we know all the answers now.

1. When does Vader show up in EpIII? How much do we see of him?

I was initially thinking about suited Vader here. Pretty much last couple of mins of the movie. I guess unsuited Vader comes along with maybe 30 mins left? I guess.

2. Will Hayden be the actor in the suit when it come time to play him, or will they use someone else?

Yup. From the trailers....not sure if it was a good thing.

3. Does Vader do anything at all in EpIII or do we just see a glimpse of him? Does he kill anyone like Mace Windu, or does he have another fight with Obi?

Again, this applied to just suited Vader. Yup. Doesnt do a damn thing.

4. Does Vader confront Padme or vice versa? What happens? Does Padme die in front of Vader being electrocuted like Palpatine did to Luke?

Well...Vader (unsuited) kills her. I never thought that would happen after watching AOTC. I do like this though.

5. Does Vader even know about Luke being born at that moment? Imagine a chase scene where Vader is going after the twins! Or does he simply just not know?

Looks like he thinks they are dead.

6. What kind of severe damage did Anakin receive to put him in the suit to begin with? Is it just from Obi-Wan's lightsabre cuts or did Anakin fall?

Both! :D An arm and both legs cut off!! And then falling off onto some black sand where he burns. I really do like this. But why does he need help breathing? Just from the fumes?? I always thought he broke his spine.

7. Did Anakin fall in lava, down a reactor core, or down a cliff?

Black sand off a cliff...which is like lava. :D

8. Does Palpatine rescue Anakin, who is Vader at that point?

Yup...Palps comes to the rescue!

9. When does Anakin start calling himself VAder?

Palps start calling him that with maybe 30mins left in the movie.

10. Is it Anakin or Vader that has a confrontation with Dooku? Does that even happen? Will it be similar to ROTJ scenes?

Damn...I was close in regards to the ROTJ scenes. Anakin kills Dooku with Palps cackling along for the ride.

11. Will we see Vader in the armour like in the OT or will it be an earlier version like some of Ralph MacQuirrie's drawings?

OT armour...but shiny. Looks like he has airbags for the chest and arm though.

12. Is Tarkin a friend of Anakin/Vader in EpIII? Will Tarkin even be there? If so, does he help Palpy deceive Anakin or help him turn him over to the darkside?

Tarkin doesnt do a damn thing. Thats a shame. I would have loved to have Tarkin be Palps aid or military advisor or something during AOTC and ROTS. Oh well. :(

25. HateLeads2Suffering

HateLeads2Suffering Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2004
    I grew up with Vader, the OT Vader to me sent chills up my spine. He was firm, ruthless, evil and yet very commanding - like the scariest General in command you ever saw. Then ESB was released and it was that x 2000; the man/machine Vader excuded power and confidence.

My question is: along w/ GL's new statement that since Vader lost limbs he's no longer the 'prodigal son' of Palps -- will Hayden's whiny and frankly awful acting taint our solid memory of Prowse and JEJ? From the spoiler scenes I've seen, (insert big giggle) I'd say yea. Hayden has the least chops in the group but one thing I noted in the latest webdoc, GL said he does the 'dark' thing well.

Anyone else who has seen/read/ viewed spoilers care to comment on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.