main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Death Star & EpIII

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Shank_the_Wookie, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shank_the_Wookie

Shank_the_Wookie Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2002
    I mean, it was the whole reason for fighting the Emperor in Ep I & III, right?
    So will we see plans of it, or have it background, like Emp walking through it, or in the sky in the background of the Emperor's secret planet?

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Boska!

*Slams fist down on trap door switch*

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I don't think so. Death Star was completed just prior to ANH (remember in ANH when an officer comes and tells Tarkin that all the systems are operational and asks him what course should they set). The second Death Star took at most 4 years to build (mostly), so I don't think that they'd be building the first one throughout 20 years or so. ;) Might be a clue, though, like Palpy looking at the DS's designs and plans...

4. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Yes, in fact it will. I'm guessing we won't see the Death Star itself but only the plans for its construction, which I predict will be proposed by Count Dooku.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I think the best we can hope for is briefly seeing the beginnings of it's construction, thought that's unlikely. It would be a nice easter egg if you saw blueprints of it in the backgroud, or on Palpatine's desk. That would be sort of fun.

6. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
  7. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I mean, it was the whole reason for fighting the Emperor in Ep I & III

I'm guessing you mean Ep 4 and 6. No, the Death Star really doesn't have anything to do with the PT.

!snap

8. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I dont see how the Death Star will be in EpIII. It is a product of the OT and will not be seen in EpIII.

On the other hand, we will start to see Star Destroyers and Tie Fighters (or early versions of them).

9. Mike_Mothma

Mike_Mothma Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2001
    I don't think so. The Death Star is introduced during the opening crawl of ANH. There is no need for it to be introduced in Episode 3. It's a new creation as of ANH, and Episode 3 takes place about 20 years before that movie.

10. Obi-Gon_Jinnobi

Obi-Gon_Jinnobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    I wonder what happened to Naboo?

11. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    Naboo waken over by Ric Ollie's family, the people went insane over the constant obviousness. planet is deserted now. :p

12. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I think Episode II is only going to have time enough to show the very beginning of the Empire. I think it'll be too early for anyone to even think of something like the Death Star yet.

13. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    darthlebowski:

LOL! Thanks, I needed that! Hopefully we get more Ric Olie in EpIII! Imagine him and Threepio together! LOL!

14. Shank_the_Wookie

Jan 15, 2002
    I didn't mean, are we going to see the Death Star bobing around blowing stuff up.
    I just thought it would be cool to see how the Emperor was already planning ahead, as he seems to do throughout all the movies. Throw in a hologram image of a prototype.
    That could somehow tie in Cpt. Tarkin (i think thats his name).

15. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I have wet dreams about a young Tarkin showing rough plans to a spherical battlestation with planet-destroying capabilities, only to be ridiculed by his superiours. ("Are you sure you got the scale right?")

16. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I think plans for the Death Star could be hinted at late in the film but I don't think we'll actually see it. The Death Star was pretty much a manifestation of the Empire's power, and the Empire is just coming into power over the course of Ep3. They would need to be more established before taking on a project of that scale.

17. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    There had better not be a Death Star in Ep III. If there is, it's one more big blow to continuity.

18. MoldyBread

MoldyBread Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    And if they show the plans, it would have to have the laser dish thing on the equator - just like the plans show in ANH!

19. JediLorano

JediLorano Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2001
    I think that one of Palps last lines in the movie should be something like " In time, those planets who do not join us, will be wipped away with a single blink of the eye" IE hinting at the DS's ability to wipe out a planet in a single blast also lending alot more credibility to Vader;s " he will join us or die, Master" line, which is evidence to the possible line above

20. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    deathstar NO!

plans YES!

21. Darth_Avernus

Darth_Avernus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Here's what I say :

- A look at the Death Star being built = Probably not.
    - Rumours of the Death Star being built = That would be nice.

22. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    A plan laying on the shelf for 20 years before it's executed is not that rare...

the very PT is a fine example!

23. WampaFood

WampaFood Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2001
    no no no. im sure this idea was in the head of palpatine, but so was creating the clones and controlling the galaxy.

so by the time ANH comes around we will know that palpy's in power, but the death star should come as a suprise to show he as at the peak of his power. being able to create that of mass destruction.

24. Shank_the_Wookie

Jan 15, 2002
    This was my OG post, brought on up after AICN reports.
    TO ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS, BOW DOWN TO MY MIND, MWAAHAHAHAHHAHA, Seriously though, this movie is going to be totaly cool.

25. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    For those who read the spoiler today know that, that would be a big fat yes :D !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.