main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Death Star & EpIII

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Shank_the_Wookie, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Confirmation of Death Star project started in ROTS:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/18828313/?69

Check out the various text along with the photos.

2. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    The Death Star will apper as a skelatel frame at the very end of the movie.

3. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Thanks to Mustafar!

4. simme

simme Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    On USAToday.com:
    Sith begins the way Star Wars did: with a fierce space chase. And it ends the way Star Wars began: with Darth Vader aboard the Death Star, the ultimate weapon.

So how goes the timeline...?

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The Death Star has to begin construction,because it was new by ANH

6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    ok dont kill me but the dialoge could go

*a shot of a starting death star, vader and papitine on the bridge of a star destroyer*

Vader: we are on seculdual
    Papitine: good
    Vader: it will take 20 years to bild this my lord
    Papitine: then so be it

i know im not the best dialoge writer but i could work

Is about on par with GL ... Sorry. Anyway, I think it would be cool. As said above, Palps is one for planning carefully. In ANH I never really thought about how long building the thing took, but 20 years from start, well, that doesn't seem overly long for such a beast, if you look at the way big building projects tend to go (Amsterdam metro line planning-start: 10X years; pre-building: 1-2 years; finished: ~5 years after start of build).
    Come to think of it, for the second one people are a bit afraid it will not be ready on time, but only because the Emperor had something planned. The first one might not have needed such a deadline. Imagine a rumor of a huge battlestation being built, once in a while, when unrest arises, it is mentioned that it is nearing completion. Can go a long way. Not many would take the risk of heaving their planet destroyed, right?

And I do think they could already have started right away makeing a scaled up version, which they only started building later (and maybe only created as a mouse trap for the rebellion, after which it would not be needed anymore).

Need to stop rambling on, sorry again.

7. Patriots_Dynasty

Patriots_Dynasty Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Look at the Big Dig up here in Boston....It's going on 13 years now!!!

8. VizAg

VizAg Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2003
    It's been confirmed though that the last line of the movie is spoken by 3PO on the tantive IV. Then, the last 2 minutes is a visual montage, including Vader and Palps watching the Death Star being constructed.

Even if there was dialogue in this scene, I think it's much more impactful without. Just the visual image of the Death Star will be overwhelming. [face_hypnotized]

9. I_Worship_Sidious

I_Worship_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2004
    Adding the initial framework of the Death Star is nice as a bridge between the 2 trilogies. How long do you think it would take to complete it? And it's not nearly as potent w/o that planet-destroying laser beam. So would this first station simply be an upgrade from those trade federation battle spheres?

10. DarthFlatulence

DarthFlatulence Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I believe we will see the Death Star, or at least the reactor core and part of the "gun" floating in space.

There has been a rumor floating for quite sometime about what it is that Vader and Sidious are looking at out the window of their Star Destroyer at in the Episode III trailer. The beginnings of the Death Star are just one of the possible rumors.

11. VizAg

VizAg Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2003
    Even though this pic is in the images thread, I figure it can be a point of discussion here.

[image=http://i158.exs.cx/img158/6739/deathstarart10249om.jpg]

I wonder if it will be exactly like this...with the rings of construction. I would personally just like to see a hint of the sphericalness (my George Bush-ism for the evening). Also, the gun would be a nice touch, but I think this concept painting features a Death Star that is a bit too developed.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

-- edit --
    For those that don't know, this is a concept painting by Ryan Chruch.

12. ImperialBA

ImperialBA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2004
    There has been a rumor floating for quite sometime about what it is that Vader and Sidious are looking at out the window of their Star Destroyer at in the Episode III trailer. The beginnings of the Death Star are just one of the possible rumors.

In best Ahnold voice- "It's not a rumor!"

If you get the novelization, or listen to the audio book, it states quite clearly that Vader, Palpatine and Tarkin are onboard their ISD looking over the construction of the immense battle station.

Now they don't call it a Death Star. But come on, we know that Tarkin is in it. And how many immense battle stations did the Empire use? We know that one of the last scenes is the one I layed out above.

The scene of Vader and Palpy is the DS construction scene, 'nuff said.

13. ImperialBA

ImperialBA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2004
    No message

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Wow, this thread takes me back to 2 years ago to my very first post when I said that the Death Star would be in EP3 and I got flamed.

Viva the DeathStar in ep3!!

this post made possible by the user formerly known as Sith Wench and formerly known as jada_marnew

15. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Wow two years ago, I was flamed in October of last year for saying it was in the film.

16. JediMasterRonoc

JediMasterRonoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    viva la death star!!!

17. radgeeb

radgeeb Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Now that we know it will be in EP3. Let's get everybody worked up on how long it took to build the 2nd Death Star. I say the same amount of time just 3-4 years later.

18. ImperialPEZ

ImperialPEZ Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 15, 2004
    You want to hear my crazy theory on the time frame problems some people are having?

IT WAS A TRAP.

They built their first, "technological terror" to "keep the systems in line". It was to be their ultimate weapon. Unfortunately, one "young Rebel" spoiled their plans.

Now you're Palpy, and the you see that the Rebellion is growing stronger, plus there is a new Jedi on the block. You are trying not to lose the power you have gained. So much like in the old days, you manipulate the situation for your bidding....

You,

A. Start construction on a new Death Star, getting it to a rough skeleton.

B. Make sure that the Weapons systems are operational in a short amount of time.

C. Understaff the heck out of the project once B. happens, so your own men don't know what's going on.

D. See to it that the plans end up in the hands of the Bothans (kill a few too, so it all looks legitimate).

E. Show up yourself, so it will be an irresistable trap for the "insignificant rebellion."

You don't need to take nearly as long to build a Death Star that is designed as bait (and protected by a shield from Endor), as you do for "the ultimate weapon in the universe" that is designed to be safe from full scale bombardment.

*whew*

19. Ophidiophobic75

Ophidiophobic75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
  20. EmperorScathttudsy

EmperorScathttudsy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Gimme a P!
    Gimme a E!
    Gimme a Z!
    What does that spell? PEZ!

Wow, someone other than me actually understands it.

BTW, I'm listening to the Battle of the Heroes, it's awful.

(Full of awe)

21. TheMasterOfPuppets

TheMasterOfPuppets Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    where did you get it?

22. MrGeek

MrGeek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    That skeletal Death Star looks fake...

I'm skeptkal... where did you get that pic?

23. Kad

Kad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    ...it's concept art, that's why is looks odd.

24. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    just bumping to say...happy official thread day!

25. DarthCowboy

DarthCowboy Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    It's available on iTunes. :)

BTW...this is my first posting ever on theforce.net!

whoo hoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.