main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Death Star & EpIII

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Shank_the_Wookie, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WILL-of-The-Force

WILL-of-The-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2003
    So what's your point?

2. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    How this movie made as much money as it did with all you netpickers that let the littelist thing ruin the movie for you is amazing

3. AmasNagol

AmasNagol Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    The only two conceivable and logical explainations are either A) the Empire began building the 2nd Death Star after ANH, and the workers were "encouraged" to complete it quickly. The reaction of the commander who greets vader and gives him an update of the progress seems to give this credence.

Or B) The 2 Death Stars were commissioned around the same time, and the Rebel Alliance were not aware of the second one until after ANH.

4. Uric-Qel-Droma

Uric-Qel-Droma Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    hmm....i reckon the second one probably started being built around the time the first one was finished.

5. WILL-of-The-Force

WILL-of-The-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2003
    Who cares? It's not real!

6. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    *************off topic question*************

Sorry to interrupt, but how do you post new threads on here now? I seem unable too as there is not an option for posting new threads anymore(at least i cant find one) is there a new process or has this option been moved elsewhere? Sorry for if i'm being a dunb-ass,

Thank you

7. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    Post a new topic on the top left

8. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Look closer at the 'Death Star' in Rots. Its main weapon is too small, and the whole thing is too spherical. It isn't the Death Star. It's the 'Great Weapon' the Separatists were building. After dismantling it, which I'm sure they did, Tarkin began construction of the Prototype in the Maw. And the rest we know.

9. Darth_Somebody

Darth_Somebody Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    i think the death star II started construction only a few years after the first one, as in 3 or 4 years after episode III. the empire could have built it somewhere else before moving it to endor, too, possibly (unknown regions anyone?). or, since the death star II was basically like the first one only bigger, they knew how to build it (who knows, there could have been a bunch of delaying screw-ups during the construction of the first one), so it was built faster.

10. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
  11. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Willy-Wonka-nobi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2004
    There weren't two death stars in Episode III. The Death Star II got completed way faster because technology got way better in those twenty years. There was one death star that took about 17 years to build and another one that took about 5. But it is not like they are developing the technology from scratch this time. The only thing they did different was say, "Hey let's build the same thing but bigger and add a shield around it... oh yeah and not give it an obvious weak spot this time." And if you look at it, the station was far from completed, but the Emperor was more clever this time and finished the weapon much earlier... it all makes sense just fine without any weird theories.

12. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001

The reason for the super laser being like that is because they haven't added the hull.

13. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I like the fact that the Death Star was put into the film. I just wish we heard Tarkin say something like, "It's only a prototype. We'll use this to test the weapon system then we begin construction on the full station." Would have made more sense to the average viewer. ;)

14. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004

Or maybe the empire builds alot of them cause the rebellion destroys this one, and then another one 5 years later and then another 2 get built but only one gets destroyed which isn't the one tarkin gets to be on cause he would be on the other one which gets destroyed in episode 4, so I think there will be more death stars, cause why would it take 20 years to complet 1 death star when it took 3 years to complete the ROTJ death star.

15. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004

^You are correct , my friend.

The fact that there is a half-completed DS 2 in ROTJ is supposed to demonstrate how much money and resources Palpatine is pouring into the Empire's war machine in reaction to the threat posed by the Rebel Alliance.

Compare this to the end of ROTS, where the Clone Wars are now over, it is a time of 'peace', and the weapon has yet to be built, let alone tested. Thus 19 years to complete the first DS, and only 5 to complete the second.

16. AUSSIETROOPER20

Jul 19, 2004
    I still say there will be more, cause there are still other villians who were not part of the sepretists out there like gangsters, teroists, bounty hunters and pirates.

they might fight the empire, and perhaps this ones only a smaller one to episode 4's one.

the story is slowly changing as it has for the past 7 years.

17. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Guys, I really doubt they made more than one attempt at the first Death Star. There was only one, the same one we see being built at the end of RotS. Tarkin kept it secret up until the Rebel spies found out about it.

18. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Don't forget that one disappears 24 hours before becoming operational and the 5th is what we see in ANH. Death Star 5, the last best hope for the Empire.

The 2nd Death Star wasn't complete in ROTJ.

19. Mr_Pocket

Mr_Pocket Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Multiple death stars? If by multiple you mean 2 than yes there were 2 made and destroyed no more no less, kind of like the sith rule of 2.

20. AUSSIETROOPER20

Jul 19, 2004
    I remeber vader saying there will be no one to stop us this time, perhaps the rebellion destroyed this death star we see in rots, and they begin to build another one that tarkin commands, meaning that the one we saw being built gets to be controled by someone else.

I also remember people talking about a thought of maybe seeing alot of death star, cause the core ships were like mini death star if you remeber, and these other death stars probably get complete but get destroyed with a number of star destroyers on board that get destroyed, revealing why there were only a low number of star destroyers in the trilogy and why that imperial officer said to tarkin that there was a danger there, and that they should evacuate the death star, but as we know tarkin didnt do it.he died.=D=

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There were and are only two Death Stars. In the eu, there was a prototype, which is probably what the official explaination will be. What we saw was the DS prototype from the Jedi Academy Trilogy. The DS I was not started until much later.

Anyway, as to the movies, who said that the Empire started the DS II right after ANH? Consider that the DS I was a skeletal structure three years after the Clone Wars began, but the DS II is four years removed and much further along. And who is to say that the Emperor waited to use the DS I until the time was right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.