main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Death Star & EpIII

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Shank_the_Wookie, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    I agree, yodaschum. There might be a cameo of the Death Star being constructed or approved, but it won't be used.

2. Darth_Sillyname

Darth_Sillyname Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I've said what i wanted to say....in a redundant thread ;)
    Right Here

No Death Star!

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
  4. Master_Albrecht

Master_Albrecht Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    The Death Star will probably not be constructed in Episode 3. It is my understanding from the OT that the death star?s birth was right around the beginning of ANH. I think they will begin constructing it or at least plan to at the end of the movie.

5. knight1970

knight1970 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Your assumption that it took mostly 4 years to complete the second Death Star is flawed, I think. Do you not think the Emperor could see into the future a little bit and see that an attempt to destroy the first Death Star would occur? Perhaps he started building the second one shortly after starting the first one, maybe by a factor of four years? It only stands to reason that he may need a second one to cover parts of the galaxy. Why make one without making a backup?

Sure, it was fully operational as far as being able to destroy a planet, and that's all he needed. Just an exercise in critical thought!

6. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Has anybody noticed in AOTC on the republic gunships laser turrets that the lasers looked a lot like the superlaser from the deathstar. The 7 or 8 little lasers shoot out from the outside of the circle thingy, and then they produce the big laser. So obviously they had the technology to make that type of laser only on a smaller scale. Maybe we will just see a laser prototype of the deathstar. Not the whole thing though.

7. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    Has anybody noticed in AOTC on the republic gunships laser turrets that the lasers looked a lot like the superlaser from the deathstar. The 7 or 8 little lasers shoot out from the outside of the circle thingy, and then they produce the big laser. So obviously they had the technology to make that type of laser only on a smaller scale. Maybe we will just see a laser prototype of the deathstar. Not the whole thing though.

Well, the core ships of the TF are like mini-DS so I assume that is where they got the idea to do the gigantic version. Knowing Lucas I'll bet there is some sort of proto-type-like thing in EPIII. Seeing someone getting fried by lasers is always fun!

;)

8. Obi-Wan1969

Obi-Wan1969 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    No,
    I don't think it will be in Episode III, because obi wan did not recognize it in Episode IV.

9. scotthowden

scotthowden Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    I hope that Lucas puts in some ties to the expanded universe of SW, in the books there was 2 prototypes, one was just the superlaser build on a planet on the outer rim and the other was just a framework with the superlaser on a huge framework on the same scale with the proper one. That for me would be so cool!

10. DubiousKnight

DubiousKnight Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    I think that the Death Star will at least be mentioned in Episode III, because when Obi-Wan Kenobi first sees it in Episode IV, he has a look of terror on his face and he immediately knows it's a space station, almost like he's seen the blueprints for it or something somewhere before.

11. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Yes...the rebels seemed surprised to see the Death Star in Episode IV. Palpy might secretly start the construction of the Death Star towards the end of Episode III.

12. taun-thing

taun-thing Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2002
    A lot of the speculation here is based on what many assume to be the Death Star plans as shown in AOTC. But what if it isn't the Death Star? If so, then here are some possibilities of what this Ultimate Weapon may be:

- It is a prototype of the Death Star but of smaller size and with less potent firepower (not enough to destroy a planet). It could be of Star Destroyer size.

- It could be of starfighter size: an unmanned globe starfighter that rotates rapidly in all directions firing its destructive beam at anything that comes near it. Then instead of just having one, there could be numerous of these globe fighters attacking the Republic.

- Whatever the size, its weapon could be one that serves some other function instead of just being a destructive laser; perhaps a jamming or interference device.

- Unlikely, but why not a weapon the size of the Jedi Force-learning globes? It could be launched in great numbers to attack troops rather than spacecraft.

Please feel free to speculate and add to the list!

13. I-S-G_CRYNYD

I-S-G_CRYNYD Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Greetings Gentlemen :

This is a great question. This matter is directly linked with the Episode IV.
    The destruction of the Death Star in ANH is a really important event in the Star Wars timeline (something like the September 11th in our lifes).
    As we saw a brief introduction of the Death Star in AOTC, I think that we will hear about it in the EIII. Another point could be that Obi-Wan Kenobi could be finding out its construction, as he seems to know about it in ANH.
    Anyway, i think the Death Star will not be constructed yet. In ANH it seems like it has just been constructed, it is the new weapon of the Empire and has never been used before.
    What we could see in the Ep. III could be the begging of its construction.
    The way it is introduced in ANH is not something surprising. Its first appearance, with that approaching Star Destroyer, means something like "familiar", something that the audience has already seen before. (Obviusly after seeing Episode III).

Mitchusku.

14. FatboyTim

FatboyTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    I too keep remembering the Ralph McQuarrie painting of the two Death Stars, both half-built orbiting Coruscant simultaneously.

What if they were built simultaneously? What if the first Death Star WAS the prototype... The test weapon...

Well, the Death Star II was built in orbit around the moon of Endor, so I doubt you'll see it orbiting Coruscant. :p

15. Jedi_Slave

Jedi_Slave Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    For what its worth

I have to say I hope there is some reference to DS in EP3, Maybe in the form of advance plans on show or maybe a very slight structure that we see will turn into a DS or early version of such.

Ths DS is just to dam big to not have any mention of in EP3!

Maybe you could have a testing range or experimental testing area for new projects that the Empire looks after until they think that full scale production will begin when the bugs are ironed out?

New here so please be kind :)

Thanks

16. TEXAS

TEXAS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    No DS, probably just a mention of it!

17. lightsaber_80

lightsaber_80 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I would like to see the death star about half compleated in ep3

18. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    I have to say I hope there is some reference to DS in EP3, Maybe in the form of advance plans on show or maybe a very slight structure that we see will turn into a DS or early version of such.

I agree that a form of the Death Star plans should be shown. Perhaps it could be as follows:

Because the Death Star, like all military projects, require funding, perhaps Palpatine could propose the construction of the Death Star to the Senate to control "rebelling" systems. Of course, since he has most of the Senate under his influence, it passes, with the execptions of the systems of Naboo and Alderaan. This could even be in one of the last few scenes of Ep. 3, showing the final vestages (namely freedom) of the Republic disappearing.

Maybe you could have a testing range or experimental testing area for new projects that the Empire looks after until they think that full scale production will begin when the bugs are ironed out?

That might be an idea, but again, there are 20 years between Ep. 3 and ANH. We also know that the Death Star is brand new at the time of ANH, so I suspect that the construction begins between the end of Ep. 3 and ANH. Now, a testing range with new Star Destroyers might be an intresting thing to see.

19. SpaceRonin

SpaceRonin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2002
    I believe the death star will be mentioned if not shown for several reasons. Number one, is the fact that Lucas has a hard time making Star Wars movies without space stations. Three of the five existing films have either a death star or a trade federation ship. Second, is a theory of mine. In AOTC, the mini death stars come out of the ground, and the droids are built under ground. It stands to reason, the trade federation chooses to costruct their weapons of mass destruction under the surface of planets, in order to avoid detection by the republic. Now imagine for just a moment, that the death star is allready being built under the surface of some planet that we least expect. Since there are no aliens on the death star, mabey that planet might be a world inhabited by humans. Mabey Palpatine was in league with the trade federation for just this purpose. Now third, is the symbolism between Vader, the death star and the empire. In dooing this, we must first look at Padme. What are the three things she loves and has dedicated her life to. Anakin. Naboo, and the republic. In AOTC, she loses her republic to a millitary industrial complex that becomes the empire. We know she will ultimately loose Anakin to machinery(Vader). What if, At the same time that Anakin is being made "more machine than man", the crust of her home world begins to erupt. Volcanic lava and earthquakes abound, the planet core has been replaced by a death star. A mechanical planet so to speak. Imagine the synbolism as well as the spectical, as this beutiful planet full of love and life turns into a mechanical weapon of evil. Just as germany was transformed into Natzi germany, the good loving humans of Palpatines worl will be transfered to millitaristic natzis with nothing left but war and hate. The empire of the old trillogy is a human empire and only a weapon like the death star could allow the humans to hold power over the galaxy.

20. MaceWindy

MaceWindy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2000
    Before I get the main subject I will briefly detail my thoughts up to this revelation.

I believe that at the start of the film, Obi-Wan will be going to Tattoine to see Anakin, who has left the Jedi Order to seek a more family life. He lives with a pregnant Padme, at the Lars Outstead. Perhaps there could also be some interaction with Jabba like an opening action scene where Obi-WAn is captured and Qui-Gon appears to Anakin to tell him Obi-Wan needs help, I don't know, but my reason for this thought is that in a New Hope it is clear their was a point where Obi-Wan lured Anakin back to the Jedi, something Owen was greatly opposed too.

At some point the Jedi will learn of Dooku building a super weapon, and will be summoned to a meeting with Palpatine under the pretence of finding out what action is to be taken. The meeting is a trap led by Palpatine with Mace Windu at his side, a battle ensues with the Jedi being cut to pieces by Mace Windu and the Crimson Guard. Palpatine escapes early on in the battle to explain to the senate about the Jedi attack on him. The only others to escape are Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin.
    Yoda dissapears never to be seen again well almost.
    Obi-Wan goes to his ship, Ani says he will follow but first he must see Padme, on his way he is met by Mace Windu who trys to tempt him to the Dark Side the two battle, a triumphant Mace Windu stands over Anakin ready to deliver the final blow, when 'POOF' he is disintigrated, behind him stands a young Bobba Fett, Anakin and Bobba Fett look at each other, before Bobba Fett turns and flees.
    Anakin rushes to see Padme, they say their farewells.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan fly to where the Super Weapon is being built along with the remaining Jedi and a Clone Army, when they get there things get worse as the Clones turn on them, Anakin displays his superior flying skills. They escape to see the Super Weapon, though unfinished it is clearly the original Death Star.
    Upon landing, they go in search of Dooku. They soon find him and he is not alone Aurra Sing is with him, the Jedi attack, but are struck by Force Lightning, turning they see Palpatine. "My Friends, do not fight join me!" the Jedi refuse, then Palpatine smiles "Anakin, do you think the death of your mother was fate, I knew your destiny from the beginning, Aurra Sing was the one who had your mother killed, she gave her to the Tuskens." "No thats impossible!" "Trust your feelings you know it to be true" Anakin explodes and kills Aurra Sing with a single blow.
    Obi-Wan "No, Anakin do not give into your hate."
    Anakin "Its your fault I hate you."
    Anakin attacks Obi-Wan, Dooku assists Anakin, but Anakin turns on him, the three of them end up fighting, all three with different styles and lightsabres, blue, green and red. Palpatine goads Anakin, "Good, good give into your hate."
    Obi-Wan "Anakin, this isn't you, do not listen to him." Dooku "If you will not join us you will die."
    Anakin finds some calm, Palpatine is not impressed, "Anakin, if you will not join us perhaps someone else will, your Son you have a Son."
    Anakin goes crazy and attacks everyone around him. They end up fighting around the main reactor, Dooku is thrown in, Obi-Wan and Anakin continue fighting, Obi-Wan continually tries to calm Anakin who is like a crazy man, Obi-Wan loses his lightsabre and Anakin backs him towards the reactor, he lunges but Obi-Wan uses the force to avoid the blow, and Anakin falls into the reactor dropping his lightsabre as he does, Obi-Wan picks it up and fights his way to freedom.
    Obi-Wan goes to Padme, he tells her of the death of Anakin, and how he fears Palpatine may be coming for her daughter, Padme shows him that there are twins. A broken hearted Padme agrees to go with Bail and Leia to Alderran.
    Obi-Wan flees to Tatooine with Luke.
    We see the emperor raise a burning body from the reactor.

21. TK8274

TK8274 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2002
    Perhaps, we will get to see a member of the newly forming rebel alliance swipe a copy of the Death Star plans in question. Padme maybe? Many rebel agents died getting those plans! :)

22. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    i am pretty sure that the death star plans are not stolen until closer to episode IV, so i think that the only role the death star will play will be siddious assigning some one to construct it, or work on making this plan a reality

23. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I have read the Essential Chronology and found out that before the First Death Star there was the Eye of Palpatine which was destroyed by the Jedi... this leads to the line from ANH (going something like this): "There aren't anyone to stop us now!"

24. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    true the eye of palpy is stopped by two jedi(that is in the EU though), i am also wondering if maybe we see palpy assign tarkin to the death star project(and maybe even see him lock scientists away in the maw like in the EU), i doubt it though, the death star will have no real role it may be talked about

25. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    They may of made 2 death stars before a new hope. Because why do you guys think the second death star 4 years after a new hope??????? Just for emercency If the first one blows up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.