main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Thread for PT DVD Technical Questions

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthSapient, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Instead of posting a new thread for each problem that pops up with the PT DVDs, let's keep them all in here so a wider audience will see it and who can more than likely help you with your problem. Thanks. :)

2. Dark_Father

Dark_Father Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 23, 2000
    Has anyone had any problems with the menus tiling, skipping and basically not working? I haven't tried it out in another DVD players yet but the transitions are definitely not smooth. Maybe it's my DVD player but I do have a pretty good one. Just wondering if anyone else out there has seen these issues.

3. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I wouldn't think there would be any technical problems with this kind of release. D I G I T A L. I can't get over the fact that it looks and sounds perfect.

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    There were TONS of technical problems and questions with the release of TPM's DVD.

5. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm using my Xbox as my DVD player and I can't get the gag reel to work. I also don't have subtitles for any of the alien languages. Can anyone help me out?

6. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I believe I've found an error in one of the DVD's menus. It happens on disc 2 on the second page of the Web Documentaries -- when you click on "Main Menu" nothing happens.

Anyone else experience this?

-- Dale

7. NearlyCanadian

NearlyCanadian Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002
    Hey all!
    The only problem I have with the AotC DVD is when I play it on my PC, it keeps repeating the Fox Fanfare at the beginning. It never goes through to the main title screen on it's own. I skip to the next chapter, but miss the very beginning. Luckily, I also have a DVD player hooked to my TV that works fine. :)

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd just go ahead and buy a new house.

9. Gungan_Sith_Lord

Gungan_Sith_Lord Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Repost:

Heya

I can't seem to get onto dvd.starwars.com from the InterActual player. It just keeps giving me error messages and refuses to load the page.

Is the site down? Anyone been to it? What does it have?

10. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    I had that problem with the Interactual player at first but it gave me a message asking if I wanted to upgrade to the newest version. Works fine now. The DVD site has a text commentary, DVD trailer, and 2 new EPK featurettes (Music and ILM).

11. bw_dave

bw_dave Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    My friend has a hollywood+ dvd card in his computer, which he uses to output to TV, and it won't recognise disc1 (disc2 is fine). It just says "No disc found".

However it works using powerdvd or the interactual player on his machine, its just that the image quality of these players isn't as good, and there's no TV output.

I also have a Hollywood+ card in my PC, so I tried it as well ... same problem! I even tried both our copies of disc1.

Anyone else out there with this problem? If so, any solution found?

12. eguang

eguang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I was going through the TV spots, and after viewing one of them it never came back to the menu of TV spots. It just stayed on a black screen and my dvd was saying searching. I had to press stop and the load the DVD again.

13. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    How do you access the blooper reel? I'm using a normal DVD player on a TV with a remote that has numbers on it
    I did what someone told me to...which was highlight the THX logo on Disc One and type 1-Enter 1-Enter 3-Enter 8-Enter
    that just messed things up...the cursor or whatever started going everywhere

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I was told to just go to the Options menu for Disk 1 and put in 1138. Nothing about "enter".

And, it was a mod that told me.

15. bw_dave

bw_dave Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    I also don't have subtitles for any of the alien languages. Can anyone help me out?

This is a problem that TPM had as well with some players, including mine, due to its use of "fade" subtitles (at least that was the reason I read somewhere on the net).

I know that TPM could be fixed by going to the setup menu and selecting "no subtitles" or "subtitles off" (can't remember exactly what its called). Then for some reason it worked ... might be worth giving that a try with AOTC as well.

16. mongoose

mongoose Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1998
    I got it to work by moving the cursor to the THX logo in the 'options' screen, pressing 11<enter>, 3<enter>, 8<enter>.

I also managed to get it to come up by accidentally hitting the "shuffle" button on my remote. That was probably coincidence.

17. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I don't think my DVD has the great quality that you all speak of. I see those mat lines at parts and those lines that make it look like i am watching it in a theater. But it's still a great movie.

18. mongoose

mongoose Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1998
    By "it" I mean the gag reel. Sorry.

19. Master_Obi_Dan

Master_Obi_Dan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    i got star wars ATOC on DVD

but where is the options menu????

i onlky got play
    chapter selection
    language selection
    and starwars.com

help me pleasee

20. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    I think language selection is what would be options on your DVD. As long as you see the THX symbol inside, you should be good to go to watch the gag reel, unless you have an Xbox like me :_|

21. LastEmperor

LastEmperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Alright, I'm anoying everyone with this question. My DVD remote doesn't have number buttons on it, so i can't access the gag reel. Is there another way to get to it without having to press 1138? Someone in another thread told me to access Title 3, what is that and how do I do it? Thanks

22. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    You can try using the shuffle button (if you have that feature on your remote) in the chapter selection part. I've also been told the gag reel is at the end of the credits, although that isn't the case for me, but I'm using my Xbox and I've yet to get the gag reel to work :( . I'm still trying though.

That Title 3 thing has to do with DVD-Rom's, but I'm not sure of the specifics.

23. theletterexchange

theletterexchange Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002
    I need help. I am probably just dumb and overlooking something, but I go to the documentary section with the clone war background, but the only two documentaries are the from puppet to pixels one and the previsualization one. I can't find the ben burtt "movies are not released, they escape" documentary. How do I get to this documentary? Anyone that can help, please do. Thanks much.

24. darthnuisance

darthnuisance Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    theletterexchange,
    That documentary is located in the Dex's kitchen portion of the DVD.

25. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Go to Dex's for the other documentaries.

-SWIG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.