main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Thread for "The Jedi Council Speaks"

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by TreborGahKor, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so I'm fairly new to the whole online audio "thing", but I have really gotten into it. I will say that Nathan Butler has been an inspiration to me and has really inspired me to start my new online radio podcast called "The Jedi Council Speaks". The whole idea actually started about three months ago when I decided to launch my first blog and I decided to launch my blog about the one thing I love most in my life: Star Wars, naturally. So, I launched http://www.jedicouncil.blog.com in August of 2005. After three weeks of being in service, my site was shut down due to traffic overload and blog.com wanted me to actually become a paying member, which I really can't afford. So, with some prodding and research and watching my friend Scott Miller over at http://www.sheepguardingllama.com run a blog and podcast, I decided it's not impossible to do. So, with some research I started my first podcast episode in October of 2005. The episode was only about 24 to 25 minutes long, but that podcast has now lead to a full time show that will officially take shape with it's first release of an opproximately two hour episode set to release on December 1st of 2005. So, this Thread is to start any official discussions about the show and I hope to post any bi-monthly questions on this thread and are really willing to discuss anything about any of my podcasts or any questions that you have about me, my show, or Star Wars.
    Your can find my podcast at:
    http://www.treborgahkor.podomatic.com
    You can also find out more about my Jedi Master Alias at:
    http://www.geocities.com/treborgahkor/index.html
    This site is under construction, but should be fully operational by January of 2006

2. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so I'm responding to myself, but I wanted to let you all know that the blog started in June, NOT August. Wow! Time flies when you're having fun with Star Wars!

3. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay fan audio fans, the third episode of TJCS has been released as of 12 a.m. this morning. A warning to all, the episode is rather lengthy, so if you want to listen to the entire episode, be prepared to sit for a while. To listen to the full show go to: http//www.treborgahkor/podomatic.com
    OR, if you want to listen to particular segments on the show got to:
    http://www.ourmedia.org/user/64604
    and click on the segment of the show you want to listen to. Here's a synopsis of the show format:

In this episode, the new show format is continued with a newly named Movie Review segment. This episode also contains an announcement of the release of a Special Edition of TJCS. In this episode:
    In The Bag - Greg Medlock, David Bocian, Scott Miller, and Nathan Butler
    Twileek Talk - The Attack of the Clones
    Hovering Rocks (Not To Be Confused With Rolling Stones) - Imperial Attack
    Cantina News
    An announcement of the release of a Special Edition of TJCS and the next Bi-Monthly Question.

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks,
    Bob Crissman, Show Host

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Bob--

I posted on your remarks, dunno if you got them. You mentioned wanting me to do a future segment on TJCS, and I'd love to be on the show, I've enjoyed listening to each one. I'm filling up some of my eps right now, as well, so if you want to trade off, I could bring you in for a future segment on ITB to get your name out there and generate some more publicity for TJCS (and publicity is what we all want, right? :p).

Great third ep, and get back to me about this whenever you can.

Cheers--
    Andrew

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I haven't posted here in a while and since the GS fanboards are down, I will take the time to update. TJCS Episodes #4 and #5 are already out and can be found at: http://www.treborgahkor.podomatic.com. Also, the first Episode of Springboard, featuring an interview with Nathan Butler about his Podio Book "Echoes" has also been released. Episode #6 is set for release on August 1st. Thanks to all the fans and "May The Force be with those who listen!!"

6. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
  7. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    It's official, "The Jedi Council Speaks" #6 is officially released. Here's the info:

In this Episode of "The Jedi Council Speaks" we try to keep it right to the point with a little bit of added commentary at the end. Springboard #2 is due out on August 15th featuring "Sins of Salvation".
    Announcements: Announcements about STAR Productions works. "Jedi Babies" is set to be released on September 1st.
    In The Bag: Comments from Benjamin Horsleben, David Bocian, and Daena a.k.a. Aspiring Jedi and Bob's responses to them.
    Twileek Talk: The Empire Strikes Back
    Hovering Rocks (Not to be Confused with Rolling Stones): "Jedi Knight/Learn About The Force" and "Burning Homstead"
    Cantina News: Congratulations to Dustin Roberts! Jedi Howie on "Big Brother", Harrison Ford's birthday, Hasbro's failing sales, Lucasfilm Animation expansion, Lucasfilm job postings, winners of 2006 Fanfilms Awards, Steve Sansweet comments, Del Rey updates, Dark Horse updates. Highlights: Star Wars:Bookiees, and "Pitching Lucas".
    Bi-Monthly Question: Answer from last month and introduction for next month's question.
    End of show commentary.
    *NEXT SHOW WILL BE A SPECIAL ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF "THE JEDI COUNCIL SPEAKS" - YEAH!!!

Check it out at: http://www.treborgahkor.podomatic.com

8. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    What do you say to my proposal?

9. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay folks, Springboard #2 is officially on the Net! Here's the info:

Welcome to Springboard #2 where we will continue to springboard onto the podcasting community new and upcoming Star Wars audio dramas, parodies, and projects. If you have a project you would like springboarded, email me at: robertcrissman@musician.org.

In this episode, we will highlight Preying Mantis Productions new Audio Drama titled "Sins of Salvation". There are NO spoilers on this episode, so listen without fear of any revelations. If you would like to check out "Sins of Salvation" head on over to http://www.starwarsfanworks.com and look under their Audio Drama heading or go right to http://www.preyingmantisproductions.com and give it a listen.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH THOSE WHO LISTEN!! ENYOY

Also, DON'T FORGET - "Jedi Babies #1" is coming out on September 1st!!

10. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    A new important message has been posted at my Podomatic site. Check it out and give it a listen at: http://www.treborgahkor.podomatic.com.

11. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    It's official, TJCS #7, titled "Take Two" is available. Here's the info:

Volume II, Episode #7 - Take Two
    October 31, 2006 08:11PM
    In this episode of "The Jedi Council Speaks".....

Introduction - Small changes in show format. Latest releases of STAR Productions and what projects are in the works.
    In The Bag - Interviews with Robbie Chastain (Host of Star Wars and Beyond - Part 1), Robin Curtis (Lt. Saavik from "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock), and Ray Park (Darth Maul from "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace") {Both of these interviews were conducted at the Syracuse Heroes Expo}.
    Twileek Talk - Return of the Jedi (the last of this segment).
    Hovering Rocks - A review of "Mos Eisley Spaceport" and "Cantina Band".
    Cantina News - Main points of interest for September and October. Latest and upcoming releases of books from Del Rey and Dark Horse Comics. A review of the "VaderCast" online Radio show. A review and interview with the cast and crew of "Reign of the Fallen" (Interview includes Jason Updike and David McLeavy) {Also an interview from the Syracuse Heroes Expo}.
    Bi-Monthly Question - Robbie Chastain's thoughts on the previous Bi-Monthly question followed by my thoughts. Introduction of the first "What if..." segment for next show.
    It Wasn't Me - My thoughts on the Star Wars phenomenon and how the online radio/podcast community has been handling the end of the last movie. Why is communication important?

* As always, any comments, suggestions, or rants can be emailed to Bob Crissman at robertcrissman@musician.org. They can be in recorded or written format. Also, you can call our hotline at 206-350-0193.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH THOSE WHO LISTEN!!!!

12. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, it's official, the "lost" episode of TJCS has FINALLY been edited and completed, thanks to a weekend of staying up late and getting it done. So, it's now on the net!! Here's the info, go check it out:

In this episode of "The Jedi Council Speaks".....
    Intro - What's happening in STAR Productions, an explanation of the late release of the show, and an update on shows at Starwars Fanworks.
    In The Bag - Emails from "Betty2Dogs", "Matt from Comptechinfo.com", a shoutout from "My Toledo Podcast" and the continuation of my interview with Robbie Chastain of "Star Wars and Beyond".
    Novel Ideas - Review of the E-Book, "Darth Maul:Saboteur"
    Hovering Rocks - A review of "Princess Leia's Theme" and "The Millenium Falcon/Imperial Cruiser Pursuit" and Wikipedia's biography on John Williams.
    Cantina News - Latest news from The Force.net for November and December, a review of the "Imperial Holonet Radio" show and "Troops".
    What If - I answer the question "What if Jar Jar had not been in The Phantom Menace"? We are also joined by the Fanforce from Binghamton which includes Ian Palmer, Charles Arney, and Karen Finken, the new "forum" for this segment for each bi-month.
    It Wasn't Me - My thoughts on fans who have just given up on the Star Wars phenomenon. Just remember if you're upset with what I say, then you are a "sky is falling" fan.
    * As always, any comments, suggestions, or rants can be emailed to Bob Crissman at robertcrissman@musician.org. They can be in recorded or written format. Also, you can call our hotline at: 206-350-0193.
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH THOSE WHO LISTEN!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.