main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Critter

Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 24, 2003
    Well, after months of endless debates over the validity of this part of the AICN report thread, I feel we have yet another spy report confirmation from Darth Friday today which aludes to the validity of "The General" now. I want us to discuss here your thoughts as to this character's importance in the story as a whole and what you think he will do, affiliation, and who you think he is. A stand alone, or Exo shell for Sifo-Dyas, ect/ect/. Your vote as well for if you think General Grevious will indeed be/remain his name as well. This thread is to discuss The Droid General. I hope a Mod God comes and makes this *Official* (*Winks* @ Mods) ;)

2. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    The Droid General is the new badguy. I think he is just supposed to be a big Action star to fight against Kenobi. I believe the Droid General is the one who uses two lightsabers, etc...

3. DarthNairb

DarthNairb Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm pulling for General Grevious b/c I think it'll warm up the crow for AICN haters

4. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    *Puts crow in microwave and sets on HIGH*

:D

5. SomeNewGuy

SomeNewGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    Is the Droid General that big box looking thing sitting at the table that has to tune his own voice in to be able to say "The Droid army is at your disposal, Count."

If so....I don't see this thing being a badass good enough to be able to use a lightsabre, much less two.

6. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    General Grevious, I hope! And it sounds like the new bad guy is very significant to episode III. We just don't have a confirm. yet that the new bad guy is named Grevious. But I like the name so I'm pulling for it. :)

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    We'll let the Forum decide if this is repetitious...

8. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Looks like the General Grievous rumours keep looking more true with every new Spoiler.

9. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    who knows, sounds like Kenobi takes him out though.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Wat Tambor is not "General Grevious", but he may have a hand in his creation.

11. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    Is the Droid General that big box looking thing sitting at the table that has to tune his own voice in to be able to say "The Droid army is at your disposal, Count."

If so....I don't see this thing being a badass good enough to be able to use a lightsabre, much less two.

"You refer to the prophecy of the one,....Wat Tambor"

And no, Wat Tambor is already a character; and he does not pose much of a threat in a fight-hard to swing sabers and modulate your grunts and groans while you work up a sweat doing it!-Agreed! ;)

EDIT: Sinister-You beat me to it! [face_mischief]

12. General_Ceel

General_Ceel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2001
    I really hope GL delivers with this new Droid General. My initial reaction was one of surprise when I heard we would have another new bad guy. I'm not sure if its truly necessary. Purely from a plot point of view, where has he been for the previous two episodes? Why wasn't he leading the troops on the battlefield of Geonosis? I can't understand what practical use he would be to Sidious? He just sounds a bit ... well ... camp!

I could understand how GL may use this character as a signpost to the direction in which Anakin is heading (cyborgs-ville!) but for me it will be important to know why this new guy is around in the first place.

13. Falzar

Falzar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2002
    Not sure about you guys but I dont want this guy to have a saber or sabers. Sabers are for jedi and sith. Perhaps he will have some high power laser cannons.

14. Qui_Gon_Gin_n_Tonic

Qui_Gon_Gin_n_Tonic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2003
    Come on, what if this Droid General isn't that big of a deal. What if he's just a Green colored Battle Droid.

Please no General Grievous!

15. General_Ceel

General_Ceel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2001
    Everytime I think about Grievous(!) I imagine a bizzare hybrid of IG88 and the martians from "Mars Attacks!" !

...and Grievous is a terrible name. Could he not have given him a proper droid name, like "XK40" or something?!

16. Jabba_Da_Gutt

Jabba_Da_Gutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    I don't buy this 'Darth Friday'.

He hasn't revealed anything new- he just elaborates off the AICN story and bits from the OS. This whole 'Palpatine captured, 'General Grevious', Fire Ship pilots rescuing jedi...' it all smells.

I will bow down and appologize when he reveals something brand new --a name, a PICTURE, for criminy's sake-- that is later confirmed by the OS!!

Until then, I call **.

17. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    Many may not like the name "General Grevious" but hey, this is brought to you by the man who also brought you such name classics as "Jar Jar" "Elian sleazbageno"(something to that effect)"Dooku"-when the actor who played him was well known for a little character called "Dracula" "Greedo" (as in greedy). The lists is exhaustive of symbolic/and or campy names. I don't think the name "Grevious" is all that much worse than others in the SW universe. And I certainly don't think the characer gets any demerits or unvalidated as a spy reported characted by Darth Friday simply because his name may be total camp and we have yet to see a "picture" of him. We have lots of things in episode 3 that people are much more readily clinging to than this Droid General and we have no picture of them as well. Just a thought. ;)

18. Darth_Anakin_988

Darth_Anakin_988 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2003
    Alright, I read on a website that the Droid General has white armor. He will carry two light sabers, 1 yellow, and 1 white. He drives a speeder(which he gets in a chase with, with Obi Wan). That sounds pretty cool to me.

19. Jabba_Da_Gutt

Jabba_Da_Gutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    White and yellow lightsaber blades?? Lucas has said that there are only Red, Blue and Green lightsabers and made an exception in Sam Jackson's case. It doesn't make much sense to suddenly create two new colors for the last movie of a 6 part story.

Plus, we're in the early phase of post production. The colors probably haven't been determined yet. AND they could change his colors 20 different times between now and May 2005.

I'm all for every color of the rainbow as a blade, but I just don't see it happening.

20. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    Plus, we're in the early phase of post production. The colors probably haven't been determined yet. AND they could change his colors 20 different times between now and May 2005.

Too True. I'm still going with 2 red sabers as has been floating around previously. Although if they are truly trophies of the Jedi he has killed, then they wouldn't be red now would they?.... :eek: ;)

21. TheWord

TheWord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Look, according to the AICN report, he's not fully a droid. I think the name Grevious (or Grievous) or whatever sounds pretty Star Wartian to me.

22. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    Correct. I have heard he is a new and improved or top of the line if you will prototype Jedi Hunter Droid built possibly by the Techno Union for Sidious(knowingly or not)AICN reported him as having the eyes and brain of a human perhaps. We shall see. Still speculation. But that is what this thread is for. Are we calling ** on the eyes and brain part then, or does that still seem plausible to anyone?

23. Halifax_Moosehead

Halifax_Moosehead Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    I guess the question is do we equate the word droid as meaning robot, or cyborg, or both.

Interesting question

24. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    Yes, I'm betting at least for The General character both. And then the lesser Jedi Hunter Droids (if you will) as maybe just droids in the robot sense of the word. :)

25. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    Please no General Grievous!

[Emperor's Voice]Oh, I'm afraid that General Grievous will be quite operational when your friends arrive...[/Voice]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.