main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    THe point of general grevious from lucases point of view is to be the prelude to vader, a living breathing being damaged and restored by machine who lives off machines. but in the star wars universe he is the commander of the droid army and sideous piked him because he can wield up to 5 lightsabers at a time and is super presice because of his machine side.

2. Margo_Kenobi

Margo_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    That´s definitely not a german accent, it´s a russian accent

Margo Kenobi
    (Keeper of Obi-Wan´s soul)

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I have to post this . Sorry if someone has asked it . It's my first time on the general's thread. I wanted to clear this up . People have said that Gneral Grievous was constructed from a human and made into the War Machine that he is , so i've heared. Then there is the Kaleesh, they are what The General is , are they not ? So then that meens they wanted to make him(whoever him is) into a Kaleesh or what . General should be one of a kind .

JEDY

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    General Grievous is a Kaleesh. He was not human, but appearently a reptilian alien.

5. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    So he is just another Kaleesh that is with Sidious ? He was not a human rebuilt or anything .

6. Grievous_FanGirl

Grievous_FanGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Why do ppl fuss about GG[face_worried] ? I like his accent, it was cool. And I liked the coughing. It suited him. And WHO cares if he made a bad sene in the movie. Ppl can get really bad days somtime and you can't do nuthin about it. And that was his REALLY bad day.
    Now of course his slouching I didn't mind, but my friend joked that he might need a walking cane! Ha, ha.
    But I think why he was sloching either was caused by injuries, or that droid part of him is really getting into his head. Possibly both.

7. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005

NO, his speices his a Kaleesh, then he got turned into a cyborg from a shuttle crash. Got it?
    Sorry to sound rude.[face_blush]

8. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Now I get it , sorry I don't the most info on the Kaleesh species . I want to know more though .

Oh and I understand the "sorry to sound rude".:p .

9. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    Ok Thanks.
    Well, I slowly found info about GG peice by peice. I think you should check out GG database at StarWars.com, they have a lot of info on him as a Kaleesh if you press EU about him.
    A
    nd there is a Comic about him, in the SW Visionaries. You can also get info about him from even Fanfiction here. So you have lost of choices.

I do have a picture of him of what he looks like but I have been having trouble on how you show a picuture on the bored, I'll fool around with it till I get it.:)

10. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
  11. Darth Blasphemous

Darth Blasphemous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 1999
    I thought Grievous served his purpose in this movie and did what he was supposed to do. The cartoons and other EU can give you what you want of the bad ass Grievous, the movie shows him on the ropes because his major blitzkrieg against Coruscant has failed.

The only thing I wonder about is how he got to be so arrogant and overconfident in his situations. Does becoming a partial droid give you an ego boost or something?

12. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    "I do have a picture of him of what he looks like but I have been having trouble on how you show a picuture on the bored, I'll fool around with it till I get it."

You have to post the pic on a page on the net, yahoo photos, photobucket or even a website that you have .
    then when you go to post reply , I check off prompt instead of basic and go to link and paste the entire link there and then you should also be able to name it so that's it .

13. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    I thought Grievous served his purpose in this movie and did what he was supposed to do. The cartoons and other EU can give you what you want of the bad ass Grievous, the movie shows him on the ropes because his major blitzkrieg against Coruscant has failed.

The only thing I wonder about is how he got to be so arrogant and overconfident in his situations. Does becoming a partial droid give you an ego boost or something?

Two reasons: One teh rewired his brain so that could be one side affect why he acts so arragent.
    And secondly: During the clone wars, he was used to making no mastakes rarly and could kill Jedi in a blink of an eye.
    So that started to make him so arragent, etc.
    Or that is how it seems.

But I agree with you, he was just fine in the Movie. EU, comics and Cartoons was his shinning hour kind of. He was in the movie to show what darth Vader was kind of like ya know? More machine than man.
    I don't know why ppl complain about him in the movie, its kind of dumb.
    GL did just fine with GG.

14. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    After seeing RotS I really didn't like GG.
    The second viewing let me warm up to him some. I'm sure the more I watch the more I'll get used to his movie incarnation (after being teased with the Clone Wars GG).

I DID love the scene when he lands on that planet and runs into see Palps on the hologram. Wonderful music and mesmerizing scene.

15. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    ^^^^^^^^
    "I don't know why ppl complain about him in the movie, its kind of dumb.
    GL did just fine with GG."

He only did fime when he killed him off and got him out of the movie. Not soon enough either.

16. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    So ur just saying u down dotn like him huh T?

Some SW fans can complain so much about the most dumbest or simpilest things!
    Not to sound rude.

17. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    But you do. And come on girl, spellcheck huh? lol

18. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i am sorry to ask a question if it has been already covered

but i remember that RC saying a while ago (before the movie came out) that Grevious fans could be looking forward to a deleted scene of General Grevious on the DVD ROTS. is he talking about Shaak-ti's death scene by grevious????

b/c Shaak-ti's death scene was edited out of the story a year and half ago! do u know what deleted scene he was talking about???????

19. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    but i remember that RC saying a while ago (before the movie came out) that Grevious fans could be looking forward to a deleted scene of General Grevious on the DVD ROTS. is he talking about Shaak-ti's death scene by grevious????

b/c Shaak-ti's death scene was edited out of the story a year and half ago! do u know what deleted scene he was talking about???????

Oh neat!!!!!!!! I didn't hear that one. Lets just hope there is some deleted scenes!!!! But I bet they do have one, they had some deleted scenes in AOTC.

And Sidious T, Sorry about Spelling problems. I am not the best speller in the galaxy.:(

20. Grievous_Kell

Grievous_Kell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    I have a description of that scene, i have NO idea where i got it from; basically when Anikin and Obi-Wan come onto The Invisible Hand and confront Grievous, he has Shaak Ti prisoner and he makes her kneel in front of him, then executes her with her own saber. I have nothing against Shaak Ti but i would *LOVE* to see that!!!

-kell-

21. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    *Starts to cry* I don't want Shaak Ti to die!!!!!!!! She's cool.
    But if Grievous is killing her. I got to check that out!

22. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    I love GG[face_dancing]
    Great villain. Star wars has a lot of those cool bit part characters that you just got to love.
    Like Salacious Crumb, he was such a bad a##. :D
    Although I would count GG above a bit part character but you get my point.

23. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    yeah but i was thiking, sense RC mentioned this before the release of the movie it would more like a late cut; b/c the Shaak Ti scene and grevious it was EDITED OUT of the story entirely, so as far as CANNON SW in concerned she didnt die by Grevious but by Anakin who beheaded her in the Temple, which was also cut (but this cut is a deleted scene and not a EDITED OUT-scene), so iam thinking the Greivous deleted scene is perhapes another scene not know to us???

24. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005

Oh cool, your not a fan complainer about GG, good! Yah, I get your point. I mean Jango fett was in half of the AOTC and died a little crumy. You never hear fans complain about HIM. But Jango is still one awseome dude.

Palpy, how about you come join the GG fanclub! We're always happy for anyone who wants to join. If you need a link, just PM me.

25. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Oh! I didn't even know this existed! I'm really late to this, but...i must admit...I didn't care for him at first but as I saw the movie again and read more about him, I realized what a tragic character he was! Face it, I'm a sucker for hard luck cases!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.