main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grievous_FanGirl

Grievous_FanGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 12, 2005

!

Right on. You took the words right out of my mouth. With ya on that.

2. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    "I am not a droid!!!!" *slices up droids with lightsaber.*

"I am General Grievous."

3. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    He's a powerful, merciless cyborg. And he likes to play checkers! Lol.:p
    Really I am playing Checkers with him now.

4. Grievous_Kell

Grievous_Kell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Ok i need to just rant/vent about something that happened yesterday........

one of my friends said that GG admits to committing genocide in Labyrinth of Evil, and he said "that is unforgivable".

when i told him that a) i don't think any action is unforgivable *in and of itself*, it depends on who's doing the forgiving and usually on whether the perpetrator is sorry, and b) many of GG's actions were a direct result of having his mind altered by the Sith.

my friend countered that GG admitted to committing genocide against the Huk.

it's my understanding that they were in a war and trying to wipe *EACH OTHER* out........so they were trying to commit genocide against each other, but neither really succeeded because of the whole Republic/Jedi interference thingamabob.

right?

5. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    What if Greivous found out that the clone wars were a part of Palpatines plan to rule the galaxy. Do you think he would have went with it or stayed loyal to the Seperatist.

Also what if he found out that Darth Sidous was Palpatine. Remember in the ROTS novel it shows how Greivous despises Palpatine.
    Discuss.

6. steve_palpatine

steve_palpatine Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2005
    That's an interesting idea.

7. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Sidious never revealed the entirety of his plan to Grievous due the simple fact that Grievous didn't need to know, thus Sidious didn't take the unnecessary risk of letting yet another individual in on his plot.

8. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    this idea wouldn't fit with the film, but would make a cool comic story, and I wish dark horse comics can do thiese.

1.General Grevious Vs Darth Vader
    2.Darth tyranus Vs General Grevious
    3.Darth Sidious vs general Grevious
    4.General grevious vs The Sith Lords.
    5.general grevious Vs Assajj Ventress
    6.General Grevious Vs George Lucas

[face_laugh]

9. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I'd actually root Grevious vs Lucas, and this would be the only time I'd root for Grevious lol

10. General_Grievous13

General_Grievous13 Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Liar! I like Connect Four better than checkers. And don't even get me started on Hungry Hungry Hippos.

11. Grievous_Unleashed

Grievous_Unleashed Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    1.General Grevious Vs Darth Vader

Grievous would lose, no contest.

2.Darth tyranus Vs General Grevious

As above

3.Darth Sidious vs general Grevious

Please. Grievous would lose.

4.General grevious vs The Sith Lords.

What Sith Lords?

5.general grevious Vs Assajj Ventress

Grievous would win, no contest :D

6.General Grevious Vs George Lucas

Grievous would win

12. Grievous_Kell

Grievous_Kell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    "What if Greivous found out that the clone wars were a part of Palpatines plan to rule the galaxy. Do you think he would have went with it or stayed loyal to the Seperatist."

----------he probably would have stayed with the Separatists is my line of thought here............not sure though, that's a good one. on the one hand he would have wanted to be on the side of more power, and on the other, anyone that was even remotely related to Jedi he would have wanted to NOT ally himself with.....

"Also what if he found out that Darth Sidous was Palpatine. Remember in the ROTS novel it shows how Greivous despises Palpatine.
    Discuss."

---------well now i need to read the RoTS novel! but i've read Labyrinth of Evil and it was pretty clear in there that GG didn't think much of Palpatine........i think if GG would have found out he would have been totally shocked but probably gone along with it, seeing Sidious as kind of the ultimate spy. don't know though....

13. TIMON_NCC-1701

TIMON_NCC-1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2005
    I now obsess over General Grievous. Even my girlfriend likes him!

14. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I beleive that the rots GG was nothing compared to the CW grevious...they made greviouys look pathetic in ROTS...not digitally...but like he was so weak. Thoughts anyone?

15. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Completly agree with you I liked Grievous in ROTS but he was made so much stronger looking in CW cartoons. In the cartoons he seemed unstoppable. Then again in ROTS he was against Obi Wan who in my Opinion is the 3 rd strongest Jedi in Star Wars, in the CW cartoon he faced Jedi no where near Obi Wans strength.

16. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    This was where Obi-wan impressed me. And it finally explained why he said he was wreckless in TESB.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Did Grievous really become weaker after his confrontation with Mace Windu in the CW cartoon when his chest was force crushed?

I have seen that some people complain that Grievous was weaker in the movie than in the cartoon and the books and that he barely could hold off Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Battle of Utapau. He was really different in fighting style between the books,cartoon and ROTS. Was something more of him damaged by the force crush?

18. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I really, really, really, like what they did with General Grievous in the Movie, even though he was not presented with the same "Fear Instilling" manner as he was in the Clone Wars Cartoons.

What I like is that he reminds me of what the Dracula/Vampire Myth might be like if you put a "spin" on it.

I like that he reminds me of Dracula. I know, it is a weird thing for me to see in Grievous, but I really like the Fact that he is a coward, and would rather have his minions work for him before putting his arse on the line... (except for when he got a little dose of the "Overconfidince Sith-Juice" when he decided that because Obi-Wan was surrounded, that he could take him on... (and that fact that he can use 4 lightsabers; which ADDS to his Overconfidence...;)).

I am glad that I have the capacity to "wash away" my other preconcieved notions of what Grievous was going to be/sound/act like, so that JUST in case he was presented differently in the movie than in the CW Cartoons, that I would NOT have my expectations unmet. ;)

"You FOOL!" :p

19. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    LOL! CUTE![face_laugh]

Try me, I am his gf! If you figured out how obsesed I am with him....Its just scary ok? So just back away nice and slowly......:p
    Can't you tell on my sock? (Screen Name)

Woa, I haven't been here in awhile. Its nice to see its movin again. So I shall say hello!:D

20. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Dude, Grievous has to fight Darth Maul. That would be the coolest duel. The two coolest prequel villains in a throwdown. It would be a tough call to see who wins but... I think Maul would destroy Grievous.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    After reading about Grievous, it was really cool to finally see him on screen with the 4 lightsabers and all. Too bad the duel ended so soon.

22. Grievous_FanGirl

Jun 12, 2005
    We might as well not argue about 'how short' the fight scene was. Maybe they'll have more in deleted scenes! I saw a lot of places where they could have edited some things out. What ya think about that?

And I bet the reason it was short cuz the movie was already really long and they still had to put stuff in it. But I agree....Even if they had 5 more minutes in it it would be better.
    But I am fine...Be glad they even had Grievous in it at ALL!

23. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, yes...more GG would have rocked! Always more GG! (Gods, can't you tell I'm a hopeless GG fan!:p ) Anyway, yes I do think he was a bit overconfident on Utapau considering his compromised physical condition... (But hey, wouldn't you be if you were surrounded by bodyguards and hundreds of battle and super battle droids with only one person attacking you?)

24. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    After seeing the Clone Wars cartoons, Grievous was no where near as deadly in ROTS. If he had been, he would have destroyed Obi Wan!

25. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Keep in mind, Mace Windu also destroyed an entire droid army with his bare hands.

I think people have put too much stake in what the Clone Wars cartoons presented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.