*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
  1. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Something to remember about Grievous and I think I mentioned it in here. He relies on fear to overwhelm his opponets. Every Jedi who has ever fought Grievous, save for Mace Windu and Obi-wan Kenobi, was afraid of him. Their fear defeated them. Mace and Obi-wan maintained control over their fears, which is why Grievous couldn't defeat them.
  2. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    I wasn't really disappointed with GG in the movie, as I had read LOE, ROTS, and seen all of the Clone Wars cartoons and more than gotten my fill of him. I actually found LOE to be more in line with the Grievous presented in the movie as he was more cowardly with his actions in it, not to mention he got a little clumsy after being force pushed off the train by Mace.

My hope is that whenever GL does the series in 3-D, he goes back and inserts Grievous into the battle of Genosis (where he was present if you believe the books) and shows him take out a few Jedi.
  3. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    I know he was contructed on Geonosis, but I had no idea he was present furing the battle. Wouldn't that have caused something of a ruckus?
  4. Darth Blasphemous Jedi Master

star 4
    It is said in LOE that Grievous was at Genosis but he was down in the catacombs where they were sending some of the citizens. Apparently some Jedi tried to make their way down there as well and he took them all out before they even knew what was attacking (my guess is he waited and took them out in the dark).
  5. TIMON_NCC-1701 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm currently working on a pic of Grievous. If you guys want, when I'm done, I can upload it and let you guys get first peek.
  6. Palpy560 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. TIMON_NCC-1701 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I gotta finish it first. I'm only doin' a head and shoulders.
  8. Grievous_Kell Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. TIMON_NCC-1701 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, you guys'll see it when I'm done. just be patient. K?
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    The pic belongs in the fan art forum.
  11. TIMON_NCC-1701 Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    darth-sinister
    Something to remember about Grievous and I think I mentioned it in here. He relies on fear to overwhelm his opponets. Every Jedi who has ever fought Grievous, save for Mace Windu and Obi-wan Kenobi, was afraid of him. Their fear defeated them. Mace and Obi-wan maintained control over their fears, which is why Grievous couldn't defeat them.

yea, by jumping right into action, obi-wan took all that huff-puff away from grievous. grievous was the one surprised, how did obi-wan know to do that?

also, mace windu must hav given obi-wan some advice that grievous was weak in the midsection, since obi-wan went for it right after he said, "oh, i dont think so."

if i were doing a comic, i definitely hav fear & intimidation as his main weapon, lightsabers 2nd. he had almost no force powers after his crash and he did so much still. if the arrest party minus mace windu showed up to arrest grievous, he could kill them.
    [face_skull]

13. almighty_smiley Jedi Knight

star 1
    somebody said that if they took the cartoon into consideration, grievous would've annihilated obi-wan. the reason he didn't destroy kenobi was because windu had nailed him right in the gut. and i don't think exposure to a vacuum helps that much.
  14. lorn_zahl Force Ghost

star 4

The Clone War cartoons are not considered strictly canon, there is a lot of exageration in all of them for every character we see. This is done because its a cartoon and the main audience is kids. Come on? Mace Windu v.s. An entire Droid army?

It's funny and cool as a cartoon but in the real starwars universe things are alot different.

note: IMO The events of the Clone War cartoon did happen, though the representation is clearly exagerated.

On another level I just loooooooooove General Greivous. He is my favorite token bad guy of the PT and he's both funny and frightening on every level!

15. Grievous_Unleashed Jedi Knight

star 1
    I stil say LoE is far superior to the CW cartoons, and it really annoys me that people say Mace crushing Grievous' chest is the reason for his weakness. That was done so CW could explain how he was so weak for people who had only seen their cartoons. However, when you read LoE etcetera, as the others said you see it is far more subtle. Grievous wasn't that good with his sabers, but he was a master of using fear and intimidation, always striking from his advantage. Even Mace was slightly put-off, which is why Grievous held his own for so long, but Mace pushed it away.
  16. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    Is anyone else dissapointed by how Grievous ended up appearance wise? I remember we were all basing our thoughts of him off the concept art where he was white, not tan, and his cape was white, not red/black. I loved the look and thought that he was very scary looking indeed. But the way he turned out, he was a comical villian who looked like an upgraded droid, not like the ghostly nightmare we'd hoped to see.
  17. lorn_zahl Force Ghost

star 4

The clone war cartoons were vastly exagerated, you could use this argument with every single character in ROTS.

I don't read or subscribe to any EU so I thought his portrayal was fantastic. In fact I didn't know anything about him before I went to the theatre. That's the kind of fan I am! You should make the switch!
  18. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    grievous = doc holliday?

i remember thinking, "hmmm, why do i like grievous so much?" i like him more than darth maul, now that i think about it.

then i realized, grievous reminds me of doc holliday from my favorite western tombstone. even though doc holliday has 'the tb', he's still the fastest gun in the west. everyone likes doc the best, don't they? then wyatt earp, then johnny ringo.

grievous isnt the fastest gun in the west, but he's got holliday's flash. plus they both defy the odds. it's definitely not intentional, but theyre a lot alike.

EDIT:
    what does that line mean? i never got that. man! i thought he said, "i'm here huckleberry." i always add doc holliday quotes when i mix a cd.

favorite one
    RINGO: "you must be doc holliday."
    DOC H: "that's the rumour."
    RINGO: "you retired too?"
    DOC H: "not me, i'm in my prime."
    RINGO: "ya . . . you look it."

also
    DOC H: "why johnny ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."

(makes me miss tombstone tuesdays last summer)
  19. DUGGY Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'll be your Huckleberry. :D
  20. Katty Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Grievous was cool I guess, but he didn't make a good movie character. :)
  21. lorn_zahl Force Ghost

star 4

For the record, I thought he was fantastic. He looks like a scared little kitty kat and his little cough is so cute.

22. That_Random_Jedi Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, duh. Everybody screws up sometimes, or gets screwed, and unfortunately that was what was shown in the movie.
  23. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Why does GG have the lightsabers of Obi-Wan and Anakin long after they retrieved them from him? It does'nt make sense to me. The Jedi get thier sabers back on the Invisable Hand, but then on Utapau when Kenobi and the General go at it, he (GG) still has and uses both Obi's and Ani's sabers. Also in the first deleted scene GG uses one of thier sabers (I forgot which one, Obi's maybe? my sister is borrowing my DVD) to impale Shaak Ti! I can't imagine this just being a film flub considering that GG is CGI I can only assume the sabers he holds are as well, which in my mind says that it could'nt just be a matter of the wrong prop (saber hilt) being used. Any ideas??
  24. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    oh, grievous with his armies have killed plenty of jedi before. anakin's and obi-wan's lightsabers, "will make a fine addition to my [already large] collection."
    [face_skull]
  25. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I know why GG has Lightsabers, but he is shown using Obi-Wan's and Anakin's at the same time that they themselves have them. As far as I know lightsabers are individually unique to thier Jedi owners.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.