main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    i like that GG almost sounds russian (no offence to russians)

2. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I don't know the backstory; but all the Sith, except for the full-bred Sideous and Maul are tragic characters, so I believe GG could fit that description as well. Although, in the movies he does not come off as that - but we never get any information on him either. All we know is that he is an evil killing machine.

3. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Interesting backstory. GG comes across sort of as a tragic figure in RotS mostly because he was getting played by Palps. Fighting a losing war based off lies.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, technically speaking Rossa, even Sidious and Maul are. They were basically press-ganged into slavery for a long-dead cult of fanatics.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Long dead? The Sith were never extinct. So they cannot be long dead if they weren't all wiped out.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Ahh, the Adversary!

Long-dead in the sense that it was pretty clear a thousand years back that the Sith would never beat the Jedi in open confrontation and that they had to adopt more clever, almost downright cowardly ways of winning. Yeah dudes...when your Order can't support more than two at once, something is obviously wrong :p

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    And yet look what happened. They succeeded. So it was obviously a very ingenious plan on Darth Bane's part, to expand upon what Darth Revan started and this time, make it stick.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He was referring to when he was Yoda's student -- and not a youngling -- even though that conflicts with some EU. When a film conflicts with EU the film wins.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Obi-wan was reckless as a Padawan. Look at him when he fought in TPM, he does reckless things such as twirl his saber and does flashy moves compared to the more restrained Qui-gon. We know that he had issues with having a Lightsaber ignited and falling in water. We know that in his younger days, he made a reckless decision as told in the eu. What he did with Grievous wasn't reckless behavior. He thought it through when he jumped down to face Grievous. When he did other things in his youth, he wasn't thinking it through and would pay for it.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Let me clarify. Obi-wan would leave his saber ignited and every once in a while, he would short it out by jumping into water or fighting in the rain. The last time being when he cut himself free of the transport that he used to reach the surface of Naboo. Once he constructed his new saber, he made sure it was waterproof.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Oh, I was thinking of Order 66 after reading your last post.

He uses it in the rain during AOTC, without any apparent detrimental effect.
    Also, lightsabers are used in the rain in the CW cartoon.

13. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Grievous never dropped a lightsaber....oh wait... yes he did.

[image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/sirph0bos/grev2.jpg]

Still plenty of Grievous stuff to talk about. ;)

14. DarthsideoftheMoon

DarthsideoftheMoon Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2007
    Let me just say i love Grievous. Ever since I saw him in Ep.3 he became number 1 badass in my book.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/db/QymaenRonderuHuks.jpg]

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e0/Grievous_original.jpg]

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/43/Grievous_tank.JPG]

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/13/Greviousbrainn.jpg]

Lets jusr say, he was sevearly bang up.
    But he didnt die! Well, he did, but his remains were picked up and later used on the
    N-K Necrosis project.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/fe/Necrosis1.jpg]
    He was later killed again. But Grievous' facemask was purchased by Grand Admiral Thrawn.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Grievous' eyes in some of those pictures don't look like his eyes in ROTS.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's why I said that he made sure his new saber was waterproof. Thus it could be ignited while in the rain or underwater. Kit Fisto is part squid, so he would have a saber that worked underwater. Anakin learned from Obi-wan, so his saber would be waterproof. Ventress' sabers were once the weapons of Dooku's last Apprentice and were waterproof from the get go.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Do you mean Komari Vosa?

18. Grievous93

Grievous93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2007
    Yes, he does seem like that to me as well. It was Palpatine and Dooku that took away his body in a pre-arranged shuttle crash, told the Geonosians to re-engineer his brain so that he did not remember much of his past and had very little emotion or mercy, and it was Palpatine and Dooku that told him the Jedi were responsible all along. A very tragic story...

19. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I didnt like general grevous as a character..he was irrating and i always ff his scenes especially when he is fighting obi-wan..come on how could the jedi even be threatened by a machine like that and i look at him like a coward.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.