main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Darth_Anakin_988 got the white and yellow sabre thing from the supershadow site if that tells you anything.

2. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I think he will be the one to kill Padme.

Then Anakin will blame Obi-wan, because Obi-wan was unable to stop the new badguy, where as Anakin feels if he had had the assignment, he would of succeeded and Padme would have lived.

3. DARTH__DEATH

DARTH__DEATH Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    The Droid General is the new badguy. I think he is just supposed to be a big Action star to fight against Kenobi. I believe the Droid General is the one who uses two lightsabers, etc...

Droid General ..? Is this like a machine? (ie: not a living being) ... and he's a machine capable of independent thought? Or is he a living being in charge of the droids? If he's a machine NOT capable of independent thought, then someone has to be in charge of his on/off switch (as it were). I wonder who THAT would be? It can't be Sidious right because Sidious (and the Republic and the Clones) are on "the other side" ....

I'll be curious about this as I don't understand this business with him/it using light sabres. Does that mean he's a Jedi or Sith (which I thought were the only 2 that can use light sabres - an idea which I like) or can any tom, dick and harry pick up a light sabre?

Or (if he's not a Jedi) then is he very strong with the force? ... making him CAPABLE of doing battle with a light sabre? A machine strong with the force doesn't seem logical.

Something here doesn't make sense.

I know there's going to be SOME bad guy in the movie - and (if he be NOT a Jedi) then I just don't see him using a light sabre .... surely there's enough cool weaponry (that could be crafted by the film makers) that he could use against the Jedi.

Hmmm ... a lot of questions.

4. Funker_Pete

Funker_Pete Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I'll be curious about this as I don't understand this business with him/it using light sabres. Does that mean he's a Jedi or Sith (which I thought were the only 2 that can use light sabres - an idea which I like) or can any tom, dick and harry pick up a light sabre?

I don't know about Tom and Harry, but Han picked one up in ESB. Used it pretty effectively, too.

A lightsaber is, above all else, a tool. Anyone, with the right training and a little common sense, can use a tool.

5. DARTH__DEATH

Jul 30, 2003
    but Han picked one up in ESB

Where was this?

I must have different copies or something.

I've heard some things on hear I just don't see in my Star Wars movies.

Like when Java The Hutt apparently said "I was killing Jedis back when that meant something ... (or words to that effect).

I watch these movies all the time and i've yet to see where Java says this?

---

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it - you're talking about when Han slices open that monster to keep Luke warm. Ok, I thought you were saying Han dueled someone with it. What the? :D

That's a little different from knowing how to use it in battle though isn't it? In any case, (as a fan) I don't want to see anyone but a Jedi or Sith use a sabre. There's enough cool weaponry to invent. Mace with be using his and Anakin, and Obiwan .. and Sidious (supposedly) and Dooku .... that's enough sabre use for me.

6. Funker_Pete

Jul 4, 2003
    Not really. You can fight with a sword. With some training, you can fight well with a sword.

Same as with a Jedi and his lightsaber.

A non-Jedi who picks up a lightsaber has a slightly higher chance of slicing off his own head than a Jedi who picks up the same weapon.

Doesn't make it impossible for the unlucky soon-to-be-headless person from picking it up, though.

Edited for clarity.

7. Falzar

Falzar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2002
    If this bad guy does indeed have lightsabers, then they will be red. Jedi use 2 crystals which grow naturally on an ice planet. These crystals are either blue or green. The sith use 3 artifical crystals, which are always red. Therefore if he has lightsabers they will be red.

8. Funker_Pete

Jul 4, 2003
    If this bad guy does indeed have lightsabers, then they will be red. Jedi use 2 crystals which grow naturally on an ice planet. These crystals are either blue or green. The sith use 3 artifical crystals, which are always red. Therefore if he has lightsabers they will be red.

The most likely reason he'd have the lightsabers in the first place is because he removed them from the steaming corpses of their former Jedi owners.

Everything else you've mentioned about crystals is EU. The majority of people who watch these movies don't know how to build a lightsaber in their garage.

Trophies = green or blue.

9. DARTH__DEATH

Jul 30, 2003
    The most likely reason he'd have the lightsabers in the first place is because he removed them frm the steaming corpses of their former Jedi owners.

(if this guy does have light sabres) then this would make the most sense I think.

Hence, the name "Jedi Killer".

10. Bewchacca

Bewchacca Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2002
    I agreed with tidea that the new general is the one that kills Padme and causes Anakin to blame obi Wan and the Jedi. Afterreading the chosen one spy report, I not only feel that his is the case but that Padm'e and Palps are kidnappedtogether and the general gets away with Padme while ANakin confronts Dooku. The COuncil givet the mossion to get him to Obi Wan and assign Anakin to protect Palps, Anakin is ticked and Palpatine feeds his anger and it grows to hatred. Mace later comes to inform ANakin about Padme's death but before he can tell him about the twins, Anakin goes crazy on him and then when Mace is all but done, Anakin force chokes him, sealing his path to the darkside.Just my thoughts,

11. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002

Then Anakin will blame Obi-Wan, because Obi-Wan was unable to stop the new badguy, where as Anakin feels if he had had the assignment, he would of succeeded and Padme would have lived. - Rebel Scum

Listen to Rebel Scum.

It is the answer you seek.

12. DARTH__DEATH

Jul 30, 2003

Plus this would tie in with Nute Gunray's extreme eagerness to see her die from the get go - the droid may have been paid by/programmed by/commanded by Gunray to kill Padme.

Gunray is in command of all the droids ain't he? (at least he's strongly allied with the person who is).

(as an aside)

I know the Dark Side prevails in this movie, but God I hope we see Gunray die.

Hate that prick with a passion ...

she can't do that ... shoot her or something ...

I want to leap through my TV and throttle the scumbag.

Have I got that name right? Nute Gunray? or was that the name of that feeble senator from TPM?

13. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    You got the name right.

Palpatine starts sending this new villain after everyone who is against him taking over the Republic and converting it to a military dictatorship.

14. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    Gunray is in command of all the droids ain't he?

No. He is in command of the Trade Federation. The Federation has a droid army.

(at least he's strongly allied with the person who is).

Yes. He is allied with Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus...who is the leader of the Separatists.

I know the Dark Side prevails in this movie, but God I hope we see Gunray die.

Hate that prick with a passion ...

He is not going to get off of the Federation cruiser at the beginning of Episode III. He dies.

15. DARTH__DEATH

Jul 30, 2003
    Are you George Lucas? :D

16. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    No.

But like a couple of others here, I do have some sources that I trust.

Some of the things we are hearing now correspond with many things I had been hearing quite some time ago.

I wouldn't say that the report is completely accurate. I will say that it is the best and most accurate one thus far.

17. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Sorry - I couldn't be bothered to read the thread but have any of you thought that this droid commander is actually Dooku or *another character we have seen*
    They fail to kill him and his brain and a couple of other things {his shaft?} are saved and merged with robot *stuff*.

It makes a nice shok for Yoda/anakin/Obi when they find out he's not actually dead plus forshaddows Anakin's own roboticism.

18. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Perhaps this "Droid General," is Jango Fett.

Taking Jango's severed head, and removing the brain steam, the techno union army place it in a nutrient suport module armored to the max.

With lore of tactics and TF procedeures this robot warrior would be a good match for the Jedi.

19. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry - I couldn't be bothered to read the thread but have any of you thought that this droid commander is actually Dooku or *another character we have seen*
    They fail to kill him and his brain and a couple of other things {his shaft?} are saved and merged with robot *stuff*.

It makes a nice shok for Yoda/anakin/Obi when they find out he's not actually dead plus forshaddows Anakin's own roboticism.

Spill it, TC.

It would have to be Maul or Fett if such a thing occured.

20. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "I not only feel that his is the case but that Padm'e and Palps are kidnappedtogether"

Only Padme gets kidnapped. And its by Obi-wan.

At least thats how Anakin percieves it.

"Listen to Rebel Scumb.

It is the answer you seek."

Thank you.

Think of the new badguy as being like the terminator, he's a heat seeking missle thats roaming around, but on a collision course with Padme.

Nute Gunray is determined to see her dead.

21. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    lol - ! I really don't like this general idea and havn't found out too much about it at all dude.
    Maul! LMFAO! NO CHANCE!

22. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    On a side note about Maul, I recently read a comic where ROTJ Luke Skywalker encounters a scientist that apparently secured Maul's brain, and kept him alive in a "cranial bacta tank," pretty funny stroy actually.

23. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Oh those crazy comics, they'll try anything.

24. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm still trying to figure out how Maul and Vader fought in one of those comics. :confused:

I never read it.

25. EG-88

EG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2003
    I think I have read someone post something on these boards regarding the possiblity that the new droid general could contain the remains of Sifo-Dyas (his brain, etc.).

I'm not sure that I agree with this theory because I also read (in a chat with Pablo, I think) that the person that ordered the clones WAS SEEN on screen in AOTC.

As it stands, if the droid general (if in fact there REALLY is one) does have human components then who did they come from? I think that using Sifo-Dyas in some way in the backstory of this new villain would've been a cool plot point. Having him be the remains of an unknown and never before mentioned character tends to weaken him as an interesting character in my eyes. I think he's just there to prove that humans can be merged with machines to foreshadow the birth of Vader...and to sell merchandise to 8 year old kids.

It looks like George Lucas decided to just leave the character of Sifo-Dyas as a faceless, quick and easy device to get the clones ordered (having someone pose as him). Too bad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.