main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* General Grievous in Ep3

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Critter, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Didn't one of the recent Darth Friday spoilers say that Padme does die, but the how and why will be surprising? Somehow, General Grevious killing her wouldn't be terribly surprising/shocking. After all, she has been the target of bounty hunters/unsavory characters throughout TPM/AotC and managed to escape. It would be a more shocking death if it comes from quarters least expected.

I think Gen. G will be important as a forerunner of Vader. Gen. G will show the audience that the technology to survive as a cyborg exists. This will be extremely distasteful to the Jedi - extending life beyond what the Force intends. But Anakin will embrace it, live as a man-cum-machine and finally give up being a Jedi totally when he accepts this life as a cyborg. He returns as a Jedi when he is willing to finally die in RotJ.

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I hope his name isn't 'Grevious' ??!

3. Darth_Critter

Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 24, 2003
    forever_jedi -

That was beautiful. :_|

4. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    Well, with metal feet, now "confirmed" by an "insider"-I hope we hear more than that soon on this Droid General. So far there are still tons of you who choose to believe him away, but I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed; becasue he's just not going away. ;) Has anyone else heard any more rumours on this NBG/Droid General? "Grevious" character. If so, please share! :)
    Threads keep poping up here and there regarding what color sabers he'll have, or his white armor, or his helmet; but it seems as if Lucas is keeping a rather good lid on old Grevious's mouth, because with all we've heard; we still don't know that much. I hope Darth Friday will give us the Grave/ Grievuos details friday.

Of note: Mortimer Nerdly wrote:

In the 1974 Draft of Episode IV, there was a half man, half machine Jedi named Kane Starkiller. Given the fact that early ideas from the 70's will be used for Episode III (and the fact that I am against the General Grievous idea) I have a very strong feeling that "Kane Starkiller" is the Droid General's name. :eek:

Thoughts abyone?

5. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    "Don't rule out Sifo-Dyas being in this movie."

Sifo-dyas has been dead for over 13 years at this point. I see no reason to resurrect a character we never knew.

"In the 1974 Draft of Episode IV, there was a half man, half machine Jedi named Kane Starkiller. Given the fact that early ideas from the 70's will be used for Episode III (and the fact that I am against the General Grievous idea) I have a very strong feeling that "Kane Starkiller" is the Droid General's name."

Yes this character was Anakin Starkillers father.

Anakin starkiller became Luke Skywalker in later drafts. Kane became Anakin.

6. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    So many of you keep starting your own threads about this or that on the NBG/droid character. I wanted to pop this back up to the front where you guys could say all the stuff you want to say right here, as yall are not posting it in the NBG thread yall are getting linked to. So have at it! I wish I had named this thread the "Droid General discussion thread". Oh well, hind sight is 20/20! Let's hear those Grevious thoughts! ;) This thread or Triplet's is a great thread to discuss your ideas! :)

7. Funker_Pete

Funker_Pete Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Maybe he's being 'played' by an actor named Kevin Grevioux.

I didn't make him up. you can look him up at imdb.com

8. Darth_Critter

Jun 24, 2003
    I know. You replied about this on page 3 of this very thread after that was posted to it.
    Rememeber? ;)
    Check out page 3! :)

9. Funker_Pete

Funker_Pete Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I did? let me check.

ETA: Holy moly. I did. Must be my old age catching up with me.

I still think it's a pretty hilarious coincidence.

Or is it a coincidence? ;)

10. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Okay I will restate my theory which was spawned when a friend from NZ said that he had heard a rumour that General Grevious (the new bad guy - whatever his name ends up being) is actually half man and half machine - the man part is a clonetrooper.

The idea is that Temura Morrison is only doing pick up shots very late in production right? Well it's because it'll be his face on the NBG.

I speculated that this is how it will pan out -

Obi-Wan and Anakin are seperated on the Seperatists ship, Obi-Wan runs into General Grevious who looks very much like a cross between Vader and Wat Tambor his face is maybe obscured by a mask.

They tussle and eventually ObiWan beats him defly taking the robot down by exploiting some small weakness. Obi Wan being the curious type takes off the helmet of his fallen assailant and is confronted by the face of a Clonetrooper (who looks like Bodie Taylor of maybe even Temura Morrison?).

This is a plot point now instead of a seemingly useless fight, this is the clue that the techno-union (along with the other seperatists) and someone on the side of the Republic are connected somehow leading him to later realise that Dooku and Palpidious are in league.

I dunno, like I said it's just speculation but if you were to aquire a human to experiment on then who would you get?

Someone expendable like a Clone who has no relatives and no rights.

Makes sense to me.

11. DuoDemon

DuoDemon Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again:

I like that theory, Lando_Rocks. Even though ROBOCLONE having a clonetrooper's face seems a little off at first, the plot points that could be made with the character are pretty good in my opinion.

12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Thanks duodemon.

13. darth-volta

darth-volta Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2003
    this is the right place to discuss:
    if spy reports are correct, NBG has four arms, and, as i told in another thread i think the design of Gen G., is based on hindu godesses Kali or Shiva (godesses of destrction), as Maul's design was based on japanesse demons.
    In TPM the first time we saw Maul he just used one side of his saber, and only in the climatix moment (the duel whit QGj and OB1)he used both side of it. Maybe the droid general is going to show his four arms only in the duel with Obi1.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think the whole premise of this guy is to establish that technology now exists to merge man and machine into a lethal fighting unit. It sets up Vader with relative ease.

15. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    But Lando Rocks, shouldn't the jedi have drawn those same conclusions from Jango working for both Dooku and the cloners?

It seems a little redundant to me. Then again, if he has a human head, it makes sense it would be someone we know.

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    But the Jedi never knew there was a missing connection between Dooku and Sidious. That's why they have yet to suspect Palpatine. Dooku is presented in public as all of which Palpatine and the good Republic is against.

17. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Hey all,

Did you guys just read the spy report on T'Bone's site that the droid general's two arms each have the ability to split into two, and that this droid general collects the sabers of slain Jedi, and in total could hold 4 lightsabers???

Fresh!

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/dexter.jpg]

Stale!

19. darth-volta

Sep 19, 2003
    dex is the jedei traitor!!!!!!!
    and the droid general!!!!!

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    All I'm saying is that it's not entirely new. Give Dex four lightsabres and you've got it.

21. darth-volta

Sep 19, 2003
    "not entirely new"...you're right.

i was joking.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    And he cannot come across as this man-machine that is more powerful than Vader. Otherwise, the character of Vader is somewhat undermined.

23. Kaizer_

Kaizer_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Grevious will be a mystery, much like Maul, he'll be a popcorn-villain, in there for no real reason other than to stirr things up in between the death of dooku and the rise of vader...

24. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    I think Gen. G will be important as a forerunner of Vader. Gen. G will show the audience that the technology to survive as a cyborg exists. This will be extremely distasteful to the Jedi - extending life beyond what the Force intends. But Anakin will embrace it, live as a man-cum-machine and finally give up being a Jedi totally when he accepts this life as a cyborg. He returns as a Jedi when he is willing to finally die in RotJ.

Forever, that was a great post. I like your thinking here.

25. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Kaizer,

Uhhh...dude, he's the one responsible for killing all the Jedi. That's a little more than "just" a bad guy. "He is bad!" as MacCallum put it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.