*OFFICIAL THREAD* If you could add or change any scene...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by homier13, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. IKilledSifo-Dyas Force Ghost

star 2
    No offence DARTHLARS,but imho,a lot of these ideas are terrible and just wouldn't work:

-Silence battle droids. They had quirky voices and would be more menacing silent.

(I'm assuming you're talking about the Super BDs here.Nothing is going to make the regular ones menacing)I'd say just change their voices.The scene with R2-D2 hiding from them wouldn't have worked as well with silent Super Battle Droids.

-No stupid lines like "Sith lords are our specialty". Also no "Yeah" from the Chancellor when Obi-Wan slashes battle droids.

I agree about the "Yeah",but I like the "Specialty" line.

-Let Dooku bleed more when his hands are cut off.

There isn't any blood to begin with.Burnt stumps don't bleed (and don't bring up the bloody ones in the OT.Those are mistakes).

-Away with the dream sequences.

Showing these are very necessary.They are the whole motivation for Anakin's turn.I do think they could could have been done a little better though (like actually show Padme die in them).

-Insert the deleted scenes of the Alliance in the senate, etc.

Zzzzzzzzzz.I think we had enough sitting around and talking polotics in the last 2 movies.I'm glad these weren't in the movie.

-Cut the scenes on board the star destroyer. Let the invasion on Utapau be a surprise for the audience as well.
    Besides the fact that it's just a cool little scene (reminds me of Empire's (Hoth) and ROTJ's (rebel cruiser) docking bay scenes),Obi-Wan still sends his ship back with the message that he has made contact,so you know the clones will be coming.Take both of these things out of the movie and then you are left wondering how the clones knew to attack (and you'd be saying to yourself "I bet they cut something out!"[face_mischief] ).

-Away with the annoying loud lizard. Let Obi-Wan use an airspeeder.

An airspeeder,there's an original idea.Boga rules,get used to it.

-Replace Commander Cody with an officer in Imperial officer's uniform, with better lines.

No (Cody rules,get used to it:p).

-Let Palpatine change less. The new face should be his true face.

???? The new face is his true face.I'd say make Palpatine's face (after the change) more consistent from scene to scene ("Bullfrog" Palps in the senate scene for example).

-Replace Mas Amedda before the Yoda duel with Tarkin.

Completely unnecessary.Mas Amedda is his right hand man,not some officer we've (chronologicaly speaking) never seen before.

-Shorter duel in the senate chambers. Throwing senate pods looks stupid.

What?!?!? This is just wrong.That's my favorite part of the duel.Very symbolic.You should automatically know you are wrong when you suggest shortening any duel.;)

-Let Anakin fall into lava....

He'd be dead (and not just figuratively speaking either).

2. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    Take both of these things out of the movie and then you are left wondering how the clones knew to attack (and you'd be saying to yourself "I bet they cut something out!" ).

But I believe the audience is going to have another thought before that: "Why is Obi-Wan alone?". When the clones show up, the question in their minds will be answered.
    I'm cutting the scenes on board the Star Destroyer mostly because the CGI in that scene is horrible. It is a regretful cut (I wished for just such scenes before the movie was released), but I think the film flows better this way.

Boga rules,get used to it.
    If Boga was real, anyone riding him would get sick and throw up within a minute ... I am having problems with removing him, so I might not do that after all. His loud yells have upset people, so that is gone.

Palpy's new face looks horrible. It looks neither like pre-transformation Palpatine nor like the ROTJ emperor. It looks only like a rubber mask. It is mostly because of that, that I am reducing its screen time (which is mostly the duel) and I will try to reduce its horrible-ness by painting on it, but that is a time consuming process and less frames means less work. ;)

-Let Anakin fall into lava....
    He'd be dead (and not just figuratively speaking either).

He falls together with the falling structure. Next we see of him is him crawling on the shore.
  3. Lsaber1 Jedi Padawan

1. I would have kept a lot of scenes that were in the novelization in the movie, like a lot more Obi-Wan/Anakin banter at the beginning of the movie.

2. Obi-Wan would actually have tried to talk Anakin out of what he was doing while on Mustafar, like he said he did in ROTJ. He would try to help Anakin instead of just going there to kill him.

3. The Mustafar fight wouldn't have been cut with scenes from the Yoda/Palpatine fight, at that point in the movie I could care less about Yoda and Palpatine I just wanted to see Obi-Wan and Anakin battle it out.

4. The Obi-Wan/Anakin fight would have been more brutal. Obi-Wan and Anakin were way too nice and respectful to each other, some more banter between the two while fighting would have been nice too, where they both pointed out each other's weaknesses.

5. There would have been more intimate/domestic scenes between Anakin and Padme, although they wouldn't be written by George Lucas but by someone who could make love more believable on the screen like James Cameron or something.

6. I would have played up the whole angle that was alluded to in the novelization that Anakin thought Obi-Wan was messing around with Padme. It would have made Anakin's anger at Obi-Wan and Padme a lot more belivable.
  4. Delta_Six_Two Jedi Padawan

Imperial March during the Temple March scene. Watch the "Dark Side Unleashed" I think it's called tv spot on the second DVD.. it goes perfectly with it. Especially when the only sound effect is the boots of the 501st.
  5. sonofcoruscant Force Ghost

star 2
    1. The entire beginning of the movie would have been handled more serioulsy, more or less the largest change being the voices and lines of the battle droids, they were far too childish.

2. Somehow or other, I would have made Griveous more menacing, this might just have been accomplished by at least one scene, I dont care which one or if it was new, of him doing something well. The deleted Shaak Ti scene did not cut it for me.

3.I would have given Maces posse a better death. Even if it was quick, something as simple as force blasting them, or throwing his saber or lightning or what not. Just something where they seemed less chumped.

4. A bunch of scenes I would have extended, but I understand why they were short, but all the classics, like Kashykk and the Temple.

6. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I would add Qui-gons vocie, Yoda arriving at Dagabah, Birth Scenes of the Rebellion, More Kayeweek Battles, A much longer Space battle to show how Anakin was the Best Starfigther, Show how Clones turn it Stormtroopers even if it has to be Flashbacks, More Seducing of Anakin skywalker, More Anger towards the concuil when Anakin was not given the rank of Master, Show More of Alderaan, and pretty much make the Movie about 3 hours long.
  7. michaeljedi1 Jedi Padawan

i would have qui gon appear on tantive 4 and talk to obi wan
    i would also have more of chewbacca doing something like fighting some clones that tried to kill yoda
  8. Obi-Chron Force Ghost

star 4
    - (change) Vader's christening -- movie scene was pretty lame

- (add) Chewie and the surviving Wookies being led away in chains onto a Trooper transport

- (add) agree with QGJ being somewhere, ANYWHERE in the movie

- (change) Vader's lament upon learning of Padme's death -- a rising, tormented yell or agonizing scream would have come off better in so many ways; instead JEJ sounded like he just found out his favorite slippers were thrown out in the trash by his wife

9. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Instead of Anakin cutting off Mace Windu's hand, have him knock the lightsaber out of his hand then Palpatine shoots Mace Windu with force lightning.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd change the Battle of Coruscant so that it more resembles the book. Not that what was in the movie was bad, but the book gives a much better picture of just how truly execptional Anakin's piloting skills are and though that the movie didn't really reflect that. I'd probably also give the Red Guards a fight scene. We've heard for years about how they are the creme de la creme of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps and they are hand picked by the Emperor and I think that Lucas should have shown us just how extensive their fighting abailities are. I'd also probably swap the Battle of Utapau and the Battle of Hypori in Clone Wars.
  11. OBIJUAN76 Jedi Knight

star 2

One of the changes that I would have made was the part where Vader walked into the Council chambers during the Temple Raid, and found the Padawan's. After the one asks: "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?" Anakin ignites his saber, and the younglings just stand and look at him. I would have had the Padawan's ignite their saber's too!!! That was a sad scene, but I think it would have been cool for the Padawan's to at least show that they're going to at least try to defend themselves...:(
  12. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I'd add more scenes to the final two lightsaber duels in the movie (Obi-Wan Kenobi versus Anakin Skywalker, and Yoda versus Emperor Palpatine). I would make them longer, move from one lightsaber duel to the other in some shots, and add in the whole track of Duel of the Fates in the two duels. Also I'd put in what was deleted from the scene where Obi-Wan talks to Padme. Finally, after Anakin says "Don't lecture me Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. All of them. I do not fear the dark side as you do", have Obi-Wan say to Anakin "I can't believe what you've done Anakin Skywalker. Or should I call you Darth Vader?", then Anakin says "I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new empire!".
  13. samrosenbaum Jedi Knight

star 1
    Too many to list here. But for those of you who read fan fiction and/or screenplays, I've done an extensive rewrite of the ROTS script. Most of the changes/additions are to strengthen Padme's role in the story, but there's also material to bring out more of Obi-Wan's character and to make Anakin's turn to the Dark Side more believable. Plus, it makes the Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel and aftermath more harrowing, as they're fighting so close to the lava and fumes, and the scene where Yoda announces Qui-Gon's return is clarified.

Below is a link to the latest version, posted in this site's fan fiction forum.

Episode 3.2: Revenge of the Sith Revisited
  14. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    so many things...

i would put more of the space battle in there. more capital ship vs. capital ship stuff.

more battle of kashyyyk. you can never have to much wookie stuff.

have the jedi that come w/ mace to arrest palpatine put up more of a fight.

a little longer order 66 montage

lengthen the yoda vs. sidious and anakin vs. obi-wan duels.

i'll elaborate more on each later
  15. lordmorpheus Jedi Master

star 4
    add in portions of the book, aka, dooku's surprise at the change in styles of obi wan and anakin, and his surprise at anakin's use of the darkside. expand the fight with sids and the four jedi....make it more along the lines of EpI duel. add scenes of anakin just running from here to there which is explained in the book as part of the reasoning behind anakin's dreams and his weariness with the jedi and the republic. ALSO, show that he was equally disgusted with sids as he was with the jedi.
  16. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    A. I would like to have seen a scene in which Anakin and Padme discuss possible names for their child.
    B. Would have liked to see vader have to kneel before palpatine to receive the mask.
    C. Would have liked to see Obi-Wan try to save Anakin one more time by using the force to put out the flames. Lying there all burned up and knowing what he had done to Padme and the Jedi Anakin would have begged Obi-Wan to kill him and heartbroken Obi-Wan would raise his lightsaber to plunge it into Anakin's chest only to have the Emperor swoop down in his shuttle and drive Obi-Wan off with blaster fire.
    D. Someone else on here suggested that Vader would sneak into Padme's funeral. I would have loved to see this scene but he would not have to sneak. He's the second powerful man in the galaxy now and can go where he pleases.
  17. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another thing I would change is the whole trasformation from Palpatine to the old grissled Emperor look. I was under the impressing that his sinister visage was the result of long years of exposure to the dark side of the Force.
  18. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    And last but not least I would get rid of the battle droids in all three PT films. The army that invaded Nabbo (which should have been Alderaan) would have been made up of clones of a late teen Boba Fett. The clones that came to the aid of the beleagured Republic and the out numbered Jedi would be made up of clones freed by the Republic and the Jedi during the course of their efforts to outlaw cloning. Luke asked Obi-Wan if he fought in the clone wars (plural not singular).
  19. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok. One more thing. Anakin would have taken the younglings before Palpatine and convinced him to imprison them until they could be turned to the darkside and exploited ( Like Mara Jade). Palpatine would have been furious and may have punished Anakin put during that dispute Anakin could have convinced Palpatine that since the Jedi order was destroyed there was no longer any need for the rule of two, a master and an apprentice.
  20. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's just not conceivable to me that I Man who would start off his carreer by executing children would be so concerned about his own some 20 years later.
  21. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Four posts in a row? All in your edit time window? That's spamming. Go back and edit your original post if you want to add something additional.
  22. JediStarKiller2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think he knows how to edit...that right there was 4 out of his 7 posts. Wow...someone send that kid a PM explaining editting and spamming.

Anyway I would want the Yoda arriving on dagobah scene added in at the end...and some of the forming of the alliance scenes.
    Not too much...

JediPI323: on vader killing children then saving his own:

His children and other people's children are 2 different things. Besides he has a change of heart and goes back opver to the light side just before death. Luke was part of Padme and Vader still loves Padme...where I think his good resides amongst all the machine is his love for padme. Luke represented their love and the emperor was going to kill what was left of the woman Vader once loved. So he destroy Palpatine and ultimately redeem himself because of Luke and indirectly for Padme.
  23. Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Like many others have posted, but nonetheless:

- Qui-Gon really needed to be in the movie, in one form or another
    - some actual dogfighting in the Battle of Coruscant
    - the music (same goes for AOTC), for future "Ultimate Editions," there needs to be new music in both AOTC and ROTS when music was just copied and inserted from other movies. Don't get me wrong, it's good music, but it just sort of feels lame when one, single piece of music is used on two completely different, pivotal moments in the saga (ie Arena/Temple March, Trade Federation/Kasshykk)

That's all that really seems needed, in my opinion. I really hope the music can be changed in the future. That doesn't seem as difficult to do than say produce more CG scenes or completely change the structure of the story.
  24. BleepsSweepsCreeps Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cut the shot of Palpatine being colliding with his chair after being force pushed by Yoda because I find it hard to imagine that under his cool sith robes that Sideous wears docker pants.
  25. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I loved that Palpy had pants under his robes. What did you want, speedos? [face_sick] [face_laugh]

I probably said this already - Qui-Gon or his voice should have been in Ep 3 - no question. Why Lucas didn't put him in, I don't know.

Plus the seeds of the rebellion scenes with Padme.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.