*OFFICIAL THREAD* If you could add or change any scene...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by homier13, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Darthdias Jedi Master

star 3
    My Changes:

- We need to se the imperial officers before the end of the movie. During the battle of Coruscant, instead of just seeing the Clone Trooper batteries firing their guns I would add very brief apperances of republic officers in OT style unforms on the deck of the republic cruiser running about shouting hurried orders. I would also stick a few of them into other scenes, for example Anakin might pass by one of them outside Palpatine's opera box. We have the troopers and royal guards established before the Empire is born, we need the oficers too IMO.
    - All three Rebellion scenes put back in, for many reasons.
    - Give Vader a less pathetic scream upon learning of Padmé's death.
    - Add C-3PO blabbing on about Anakin and Padmé's baby to Captain Antilles, so that Bail has an actual reason to wipe his memory.
    - Add Qui-Gon's talk with Yoda, because I really like his compassion speech, but I realize it might be difficult to get Liam Neeson to read the lines.

- This one is debateble, but would be cool: After Anakin marches on the temple, but before we cut to Cody recieving Order 66, add a brief scene in Palpatine's office where we find out that Palpatine is planning to kill thousands of political opponents to secure his rule (to mirror the knight of the long knives in Nazy Germany and show how evil the Emperor really is). Tarkin would be a perfect addition for this scene and if Pygram can't do the voice, then dub him with someone who can.
    - Intercut with the declaration of the Empire and Anakin sluaghtering the seps, imperial troops bursts into appartments dragging political "enemies" down on their knees and shots them dead.

2. WitchKing66 Jedi Master

star 4
    YES YES YES, show the bridge of republic cruiser with a Jedi walking on the classical OT bridge with Imperial officers

the more i think of it, the more i see that the Imperial officers should have been there

the space battle of coresucant should show more than a car chase, show anakin killing driod fighters, whats wrong with showing that???

and please put an ending to the space battle, IH lands on ground and then suddenly the enemy fleet is gone ????
  3. Darthdias Jedi Master

star 3
    "YES YES YES, show the bridge of republic cruiser with a Jedi walking on the classical OT bridge with Imperial officers"

Technically, they would be republic officers :p, but seriously I know what you mean. I'm not sure were Jedi walking with the officers would be inserted though, but I have at least one suggestion that I came up with just now: Obi-Wan or Yoda most likely traveled to their respective destinations onboard republic cruisers so there might be a possibility to put them in there too. Otherwise, brief glimses of the officers in the opening space battle would do fine with me, just so long as we se them at all.
  4. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    Here we go:

1. A whole WING of Jedi Starfighters lead into battle, under the command of General Kenobi and Commander Skywalker, referenced by those titles on film.

2. A major land battle taking place on Coruscant. I want to see the events of those last few episodes of the "Clone Wars" cartoon occurring simultaneously with the space battle.

3. Anakin sporting personalized, rust colored clothing that mimics his future Vader guise.

4. Obi-Wan in a half Jedi/half clone armor hybrid. See: "Clone Wars" cartoon series.

5. Both characters looking a bit the worse for wear, i.e., Anakin with a light beard, Obi-Wan with grayer hair.

6. ARC fighter pilots in BLACK armor, a la the future TIE Fighter pilots.

7. Added "TIE scream" to the sound of Jedi Starighters' engines.

8. Throw in some reprisals of the "Main Theme" to center on the opening battle's "heroics." That, or throw a few militarized bits of "Battle of the Heroes."

9. Added shots of Rebublic officers in gray uniforms commanding the bridges of certain Star Destroyers. Let's see General Dodonna, a young Lieutenant Needa, and possibly fit Bail in there, as well.

10. Replace the battle droids we see on the Invisible Hand with Transdoshan warriors. It's time we see the Jedi spill some blood, not wires. The BD's have gotten a bit old by this third prequel.

11. Restore any cut footage from Dooku fight.

12. Play a faint, more triumphant variation on "The Dark Side Beckons" as Anakin goes crazy on Dooku.

13. Don't have Dooku beg for mercy after he's disarmed; rather, have him try to expose Palpatine's true identity before a little "snip-snip."

14. Have Anakin and Obi-Wan grab Grievous' other sabers during the battle on the bridge so that we can see them both fight with two lightsabers at once. Or, have Anakin pocket Dooku's blade and use it to give Grievous his asthmatic injuries on the bridge by spearing it through Grievous' chest.

15. Have Anakin pilot the IH through the streets of Coruscant, and have the two Jedi celebrated as heroes by hundreds of crowded Coruscant civilians once they depart the scrapped Separatist ship.

More later on...
  5. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    :confused:
  6. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    OOPS! Replace the word "clothing" with "armor."
  7. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm still confused about this "rust" colored armor...
  8. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
  9. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  10. sonofcoruscant Force Ghost

star 2
    I agree on the black ARC armor and especially the Trandoshan warriors. And I especially agree on anything that includes elements from the Clone Wars cartoon. I know everything would not haven been usable, but I think some stuff would have worked very well, as you pointed out Obi in his armor and the siege of Coruscant. I also really wanted to see more Alien Jedi of speices that we all knew and loved, similar to the absolute treat of seeing an Ithorian and a Talz in Episode 111.

11. angel_in_darkness Jedi Padawan

my first post here.
    hi, everyone.

i would have changed the balcony scene. i think it is an important scene, to show how blind by love was Anakin, or maybe something completely diferent to show it.

better diologue for everyone (is it asking too much, i wonder?)

i watched the old trilogy years ago, but i was recalled by reading posts around the internet, that Leia remembers Padmé, but her mother died seconds after giving birth to that, how that can be explained? (Vader was the first having babies, so we don`t nkow what happens when someone with midichlorians reproduce? but...even so...)

that `s it.

12. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 5
    Major Change ? completely overhaul The Duel into a more intimate exchange of physical and verbal blows (as in something that captures the emotional poignancy of the OT duels while also maintaining the technical precision of The Duel of the Fates.). Also, I'd eliminate as much as CGI clutter as possible while also do away with the Palpatine vs. Yoda cross-cutting.

Minor Change ? Cut out the line late in the film where Obi-Wan refers to Palpatine as the Emperor, as at this point in the narrative it doesn?t seem likely that Obi-Wan would use the honorific and formally acknowledge Palpatine?s takeover. Left intact, the dialogue serves as a needless connection to Return of the Jedi that severely underestimates the intelligence of the audience.
  13. JediStarKiller2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why would Anakin or any Jedi need armor again??? And why is it to be rust colored to mimick Darth Vaders?

Although armor might have saved a few Jedi. They were in a war you know. Armor should have been manditory...all they were sporting were robes.
  14. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 5
    Armor for Anakin may have actually been a nice visual cue that further marks him as being on a path removed from the typical Jedi around him. It seems natural that he might shun the simple robe style in favor of an adornment that directly contributes to his own sense of survival and power.
  15. JediStarKiller2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes but if anything it would have seemed out of place. I would think that Anakin woudl be so confident in his power and cocky that he wouldn't want armor at all.

And if armor was infact manditory for all Jedi during the Clone Wars, I imagine Anakin would say something like:

"I don't need any armor."

16. WitchKing66 Jedi Master

star 4
    did any of you tried to watch the duel in TPM and followed by the duel in ROTS

try that and you will see how slow is the duel in TPM, even the last part when its maul vs OB1
  17. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would change the whole back-story. The Clone Wars should revolve around the issue of cloning, not just some dispute over taxation in the outer-rim.

Alderaan should have been the planet invaded at the beginning of EP1, thus when leia says to Old Ben " Years ago you served my father during the Clone Wars" she would be referencing his actions to liberate Alderaan in EP1.

Ep1 should have been sub-titled "Shadow of the Sith, Ep2 " The Clone Wars", Ep3 is the only one with a good sub-title.

Darth Maul should have been around for all three prequels.
  18. DeadDooku Jedi Knight

star 2
    Take out General Grievous completely and give his part to Count Dooku, Dooku commanding the Sep fleet over the Cap planet only to flee to Utapau communicate with Sidious and then have a titanic duel versus Obi Wan and this time Kenobi wins pleasing the Obi Wan fans. For the opening duel in front of Palpatine everything is the same but VENTRESS is in the Dooku role

As for the posse that scene never happens, well it does but rather than Mace and three so-so Jedi make it Mace and Yoda versus Sidious and make it similiar to Qui Gon and Kenobi versus Maul in TPM I mean c'mon folks this is DARTH SIDIOUS/EMPEROR PALPATINE the Sith Master he should be placed in a clear league of his own that way it makes sense that since the Sith Master is so powerful and dangerous ONLY the Chosen One can defeat him. It would just give the prophecy more meaning...Mace is killed in a glorious battle of lightsabers and the force and Yoda barely escapes. The only hope now is that Obi Wan can turn Anakin back to the good side "Obi Wan once thought as you do- Vader ROTJ" Kenobi tracks Vader down and tries to turn him back but he is too far gone and begin the DUEL that is how I would have done it
  19. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, get rid of General Sleazeous. He's the stupidest villian in the PT.
  20. aPPmaSTer Force Ghost

star 3
    All the Star Wars movies follow a certain style of filming and most of the films stick to the rules 100%. ROTS, however breaks those rules in certain places, and I think it's the only movie that has the right to do so because it's the bridge between the PT and the OT. For example, showing the dream sequences, etc.

I also think it could break a few more rules, for the sake of quality. Here's my idea:

I would totally remove any reference to the name "Darth Vader" and replace it with "my new apprentice" or something along those line. I would only mention Darth Vader at the end, and in a very subtle way.

First of all, I would remove the whole segment of Anakin getting "healed" and suited up. Instead I would have a new scene just after Padme's death. This is where we bend the rules a bit. We see two orange displays turning on, Vader's POV as he's waking from a dream and we hear the sound of his breathing for the first time. He has just sensed Padme's death through the Force. We see him moving to exit the room that he's in, either in POV, or just showing his feet or something. No helmet shots yet. As he's moving through the corridors towards the brigde of the Star Destroyed, we see Imperial officers look at him in fear and move out of his way, or salute him as he passes by. Again this can be POV, or an overhead shot of his back, like in a lot of 3rd person games. As he enters the bridge, then we finally see his helmet. He walks up to Palpatine who is standing next to the window with Tarkin. Palpatine welocmes Vader and dismissed Tarkin. Vader tells Palpatine how he's felt a disturbace in the Force and how he has lost a connection or something. Before he has a chance to mention Padme's name, Palpatine can tell him something like the past is the past, we should look to the future, and then we see the Death Star for the first time.
  21. JediPI323 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that Anakin and Darth should have been two separate individuals. Darth is Obi-Wans apprentice when they discover Anakin. Obi-Wan takes Anakin on as a second apprentice which angers Vader because Vader feels that Anakin should some day be his apprentice. I don't know how this plot would play out but at the end of ROTS Vader would be dead and Anakin would be terribly burned from their fight with Obi-Wan. Anakin, knowing that he betrayed his best friend and the Jedi order and knowing that he caused the death of his true love would cast the real Vader's body into the lava and assume his identity. Just a little mind teaser I have been playing with. I have not figured out how to write it so it would make sense but I'm working on it.
  22. Annie_Mayhem Jedi Padawan

The ?Sith? That Should?ve Been

I saw ?Revenge of the Sith? on DVD recently, and it was terrible, just terrible. Incoherent plotting, inconsistent characterization, and stilted dialogue (Lucas has a tin ear second only to Ed Wood). Granted, the special effects were up to par, but audiences are jaded now that computers can make anything, and I mean anything, believable (want armies of flying, fire-breathing cyborg dragons? We can do that. Immense space battles? Ditto. Fantastic aliens? We?ll have ?em on your desk by Wednesday).

I started brooding (I?m GOOD at brooding peeps, do it all the time) about what I would?ve done to change it. Don?t worry, this won?t be a rewritten script or anything. I wouldn?t do that to you (and besides, I?m too lazy).

One teeny word of advice: I?m going to call things by their Earth-equivalent names, so if I refer to a ?TV,? I mean futuristic-?Star Wars? universe-special-effects-thingy-with-a-viewscreen that LucasArts undoubted gave a weird-ass technobabble name.

I won?t guarantee I spelled all the names right, either, nor will I bother putting the ?é? on Padmé. Like I said, lazy. Also, the order of events is different (and better, even if I say so myself).

This thing started to veer and lose focus at the beginning of the pregnancy plotline. Keep the basic premise: Padme?s pregnant and Anakin starts having premonitions of her death in childbirth. Unlike in the movie, Padme is concerned about this ? after all, Anakin?s a Jedi with special powers ? and goes to a doctor, who finds she?s having Horrible Complications and prescribes complete bed rest. (Placenta previa, pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, there are plenty of Things That Can Go Wrong?). Whether we eavesdrop on her trip to the doctor or simply overhear her talking to Anakin later, it?s clear she asked about the baby?s health ? and her own ? but wants the gender to be a surprise. She also asks Anakin not to reveal the baby?s gender to her if he sees it in JediVision?. Unable to attend Senate meetings, Padme keeps up via CSPAN and her (aide? running mate?) Jar-Jar goes in her place to speak for Naboo. (You have no idea how it pains me to put ?mate? and ?Jar-Jar? in the same page, much less the same sentence. Fortunately for the viewers, his lines are kept as small as possible; cut entirely would be good). None of this BS about how Padme can?t be a Senator while pregnant ? she?s absent purely for medical reasons. Threepio is assigned to take care of Padme during the day while Anakin?s at the Temple or out on various missions. (The droid may walk like he has a BIG stick up his butt, but he can still bring food, do dishes, empty a bedpan, run errands, and even give his patient a sponge bath without making Anakin jealous, once he?s convinced it?s not ?improper? (he is, after all, a *protocol* droid).

Anakin?s nightmares become more frequent and more disturbing. His audience with Yoda goes pretty much as written, but Yoda has additional lines:

?Always in flux the future is. Certain you cannot be.?
    ?Distract you from your studies too much this woman does. Too attached to her you are. Contact her you must not, until rank of Master you attain.? Sullen, angry and rebellious, Anakin stomps out of the audience chamber like a thwarted adolescent (door slamming optional), to turn to his other mentor Palpatine, in whom he confides. How DARE Yoda do this to him!!

Seemingly charming and sympathetic, Palpatine just happens to mention that not all who can use the Force are so opposed to ?attachment.? The Sith, for example, draw power from their emotions; their passions are a strength, not a weakness. He also just happens to have access to a private communication channel that the Jedi can neither overhear nor trace. Of course, he can?t let just anybody use it, especially if he?s unclear about their intentions. Oh, Anakin just wants to talk to his ailing, pregnant wife? Not a problem at all, just step into his office . . . by the way, he?s also looking for a new liaison to the Jedi
  23. r2decaf Jedi Padawan

It's no secret that Padme's death really bothers me. It's not the idea of losing the will to live that doesn't sit right with me, it's the way it was handled and the abrupt introduction of it as a fitting death for Padme. I've seen people argue that Padme made a similiar character journey as Anakin - she starts off the PT as a strong person, and ends as an emotional wreck, and she dies because of her flaws. Perhaps if more attention was given to her "fall" by her own flaws, and we slowly watched her transform from the strong person she was at the end of AOTC to the person who dies in ROTS by her own tragic choices, that would be perfectly acceptable. But where is this development? Her role as an independent senator and person is dramatically reduced from TPM and AOTC in ROTS, but we still see her as a relatively normal, brave, loving woman. We see that she cares about her husband, her unborn child, and saving democracy. Even if her role is cut, she still loves and cares about these things. We see that she is becoming distressed and upset over her husband's behavior and Palpatine's increasing power, but we don't see her doing much about it. Why not? Why isn't she being more actively involved in investigating these things? Not enough time is dedicated on screen to her suffering, her confusion, her thoughts. We don't see her crumbling to the point where she is afraid to live anymore. Padme is perhaps at her strongest in ROTS when she confronts Anakin on Mustafar, so one of her last moments again proves that she is strong enough to confront Anakin and believe in him. She cares about him, democracy, and their child. Yet the next scene, she doesnt' anymore. Where was this turning point? When Anakin choked her? Yet even at her death she says she believes in Anakin. So why is she giving up? Why is she giving up the will to live, when she has just given birth to children who are great risk of being killed? She doesn't even live long enough to make sure that Bail, Yoda, and Obi-Wan have figured out a safe and loving home for her children. You'd think she be willing to hang on until she has a promise from Obi-Wan that her children will be safe and loved. And if she believes there's still good in Anakin, why is she dying? It would make more sense if she really thought there was no hope left. Why would you die if you still believe in your husband, and you just gave birth to two children who are in a dangerous position? And we're supposed to believe that she does care for her children, even after birth, the way she touches Luke affecionately. So it doesn't make sense.

I think a good solution would be to establish that Padme is actually medically exhausted and drained. The whole "perfectly healthy" line is crap. People can't just will themselves to die if their body is completely healthy. A mental trauma can trigger a physical malfunction of the body, which will be the technical cause of death. Broken Heart Syndrome is real, but the shock and depression causes strain on the heart, which will allow a person to die. Over a long period of time, a person can lose the will to live by creating stress on the body and when illness strikes, they may not have the strength or desire to keep strong. But can a person actually will themself to die without there being anything physically wrong, in a short period of time? I highly doubit it's even possible.

If the dialouge by the droid was altered, her death could be more convincing. Perhaps if they said, "She is exhausted, it has been a difficult pregnancy..by all accounts she should be making a full recovery in time...yet for reasons we can't explain we are losing her". That dialouge is awful, I know, but as long as it sets up that 1) The choke, mental trauma, and pregnancy were enough to make her physically exhausted (which is completely logical and that's why the "perfectly healthy" line is stupid) 2) But neither the choke nor the pregnancy were fatal, and her complications are not directly caused by either of these things 3) She can and should recover and be perfectly healthy once more in a
  24. jcoolZombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    1) At the Jedi Temple, add Jar Jar with Mace Windu's lightsaber and have him mistaken for a Jedi and shot down by the clones. [face_devil] HeHeHe...
    2) Jar Jar vs. Darth Sidious(Anakin would reveal to Jar Jar that Palpatine was the Dark Lord of the Sith), ending with Jar Jar's death being exactly the same way Mace Windu was killed.
    3) An alternate version of the ENTIRE saga, where Jar Jar is the one who turns to the dark side, and ends up as the man/ Gungan in the black suit. "No, meesa is yousa father." "The Jedi turned against meesa. Don't yousa turn against meesa." "So, yousa has finally accepted the truth." "I've accepted the truth that you were once Jar Jar Binks, my father." Now, that would TRUELY make Star Wars into more of a comedy.
    4)Jar Jar being arrested or killed, for being too silly, by a clone trooper after Order 66.
  25. Azure_Angel Jedi Knight

star 2
    If i could change anything it would be the Mustafar scene between Anakin adn Padme, i would have Anakin trust her adn go away with her to raise teh children in secret. I know it ruins the OT, but just saying that that is what i would do. I would have Padme pull him back from the dark side, show that their love is stronger than the seduction of the dark side, have Anakin find redemption in Padme's arms. Thats what i think. Then we see Yoda gettign his *** kicked by Palps, he looks up adn sees Anakin standing there blade drawn, yoda bows his head thinking that he is dead because he cant face both of them, then Anakin attacks Palpatine adn slaughters him. Yoda and Obi try to talk with Annie who just takes Padme, the two droids, adn dissapears to Naboo.
    ~Azure_Angel
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.