main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* If you could add or change any scene...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by homier13, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    So that would seem like you wanted a completely different story than the one Lucas gave us. Because if you change ROTS that much, the OT gets completely rewritten.

2. Azure_Angel

Azure_Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2006
    Yeah i know, like i said it ruins the OT, but im just saying that is how i would have it. It just preferance. One thing i could change would be that. If others dont like it, then oh well i guess, not like its going to happen just because i said it, i just like it is all.
    ~Azure_Angel

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Upping for current discussion.

4. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    In ROTS as released Padme touches Luke after he is born first, almost brushing her hand by his little head as fatigue overwhelms her. But when Leia is born, there is zero mother-to-daughter contact. This presents an apparent plot hole with ROTJ and Leia's memories of her mother.

My change would be this -- After Leia is born and Padme names her, Padme reaches up and pulls Leia to her. The droids arms follow Padme's direction and lays Leia on Padme's stomach. Padme places boths hands upon Leia, her left firmly holding her tenderly, lovingly against her abdomen as her right hand gently runs fingers through Leia's matted hair. Padme, head still resting firmly upon her pillow, focuses all of her remaining strenght to lift her head and look down at her daughter as tears are streaming down her pale, drawn cheeks. Exhausted, she sighs, flops her head back onto the pillow, looks straight up at the ceiling lights as her hands slide off of Leia to rest limply beside her. Padme heaves and shudders as she gently weeps.

The droid moves to take Leia away, but the baby's tiny little hand reflexively grasps Padme's garment. The Droid pauses as Padme realizes through her anguish what is happening. With resolute determination the dying mother gains her composure, stretches her hand up to little Leia's, strokes it lovingly with one finger and then gently pulls Leia's hand from her gown. The droid lifts the infant Leia away.

The scene then transpires as we've seen . . . . .

5. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    i would add:

1. a Longer Coruscant Battle Scene. have shots of CLone Troops on the ground blasting the Droids and such.

2. Completely change the Confront Palpatine Scene. make it so that Sasaee gets killed immediately, but Agen, Kit, and Mace at least Duel with Palpatine a little while longer, then have Agen and Kit Killed and the rest of the Scene play out.

3. Longer Order 66 Scene. add a Scene where Jedi we don't know their Fates or what not, i make it so that they die During Order 66. maybe a scene showing Even Piell gunned down.

4. longer Temple Siege Scene.

6. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    I would add Yoda disarming Sidious since it was in the novel.

7. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I would add Anakins line during the slaughter of the seperatist. That he says in the novel. And also anopther Palpatine Anakin scene.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

8. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Alright. I gave it some thought, and I think that it would have been better from Sidious's point of view if order 66 was held right before yoda arrived to fight him. Yoda woulk have been destracted from the 1000's of voice screaminiing in pain then vanishing. Sidious then could have killed yoda. I say the march on the jedi temple was good timing, but they should have layed low after that, and since no jedi came out alive, and alot of everything was destroyed, any remaining jedi would be confused. Anakin would still fight obi-wan, but if order 66 was executed during right before yoda about the time Anakin vs. Obi-wan music started playing in the film, Obi-wan would have felt weaker, like he had a really bad feeling. Then the sith would truly rule the galaxy. Does this make sense. Keep in mind, at least in my opinion, Yoda uses the the force on those guards right after anakin kicks kenobi the first time.

9. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I agree.

And the deleted scene that shows Padme and Bail with other senators thinking of creating a faction ie. the rebellion. THat was really important I think.

10. OBIJUAN76

OBIJUAN76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    I would have gotten rid of some of the "I love you more" scenes between Padme and Anakin!!!
    I also would have liked to see Palpatine reveal himself to Anakin in a slightly different way. Perhaps Anakin walking in on him while he's wearing cape and all.
    I would have changed the entire Mace confronting Palpatine scene. That needed to be alot longer, with the Masters actually not standing around! Sure one of them could get killed right off the start, but for that many to go down that quick? Come on now! It looked lousy.
    I would have made the Yoda/Sidious duel slightly longer. I would have liked to see Yoda disarm him of his saber too.
    That's it! I still think the movie can and DOES stand on its own as a great film! :)

11. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Edit:

I'd love to see a ground battle on Courasant like I saw a poster comment about earlier. It would be hard to work in though with time constraints.

Also more Dooko dialouge, just a line or two more.

I would have liked Padme to talk to the twins about Anakin being good, not Obi-won.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Attack of the Clones
    If you've ever seen the IMAX rendition, the love story actually makes more sense with the edits. I also would've added some of the Naberrie family deleted scenes.

I would've preferred that Anakin initially tried to simply escape the Tuskens, be trapped, get power from his anger, and then "go nutso" instead of becoming a berserker from the get-go.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    This is probably re-writing half the movie but.....

-Obi-Wan should not have destroyed Grievous; Grievous flees to Mustafar.
    -Anakin finds out dark side can be used to save people from dying, like in novel
    -Anakin confides in Palpatine about what he might be considering
    -Palpatine tells Anakin "Oh it's all right, Jedi are being suspicious and all, maybe having them around isn't such a good idea anymore"
    -Anakin sabotages Jedi Temple defenses, gives security clearance stuff to Palpatine for "safekeeping"
    -Anakin goes to Mustafar with a huge army
    -Anakin fights Grievous and turns to the dark side in the process
    -Anakin kills Grievous and the rest of the Separatist Council
    -Palpatine contacts Anakin and tells him he's the Sith Lord; Anakin swears allegiance to him
    -Sidious activates Order 66 and kills most of the Jedi
    -Surviving Masters, including Yoda, Mace, Ki-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan meet
    -Masters find out about Palpatine and Anakin, decide to return to Coruscant to take him out
    -Obi-Wan refuses, and goes to Mustafar instead to save Anakin
    -Obi-Wan goes to Mustafar, but ends up fighting Anakin....Anakin gets burned up and etc.
    -Obi-Wan flees the planet while being chased by clone troopers
    -Anakin gets fixed up by clones
    -Yoda, Mace and the others arrive in Senate to arrest Palpatine
    -Palpatine reveals himself in front of Senate, who don't really care that he's a Sith Lord
    -Palpatine hits a little switch and Darth Vader emerges from some chamber (would have to redesign a lot of the Senate chamber for this lol)
    -Jedi fight against Palps, Vader and the Red Guards; Jedi lose, only Yoda makes it out alive
    -That's about the end....Padme doesn't find out about Anakin and believes he was killed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.