main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* If you could add or change any scene...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by homier13, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_stryker

darth_stryker Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2004
    1. Palpatine presenting Vader with a Sith lightsaber...probably after he is put into the suit.
    2. Palpatine having to defend himself from a Vader "force assault" after he delivers the bad news to Vader that Padme died.
    3. As strange as this sounds, I would have liked to have seen the Jedi Librarian (Jocasta Nu?) action in the temple. As much as folks don't like her, I wouldn't mind seeing that old lady kick some ass on some clones before Anakin cuts her down. Or even her and Anakin trade a few lightsaber swings. That character has always fascinated me for some reason...we have seen old Jedi men fight, but not old Jedi women.
    4. Palpatine introducing Vader to Tarkin, explaining Vader's role in the new Empire so we can put to rest who was above whom in the power structure.

2. AnakinLover72

AnakinLover72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    I would add 1 of the cut lines in the movie and a scene:

Line: "Help me master" - Anakin(when his legs and arm are chopped off)

Scene: They should have showed the scene when he killed Shaak Ti.

3. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Tom Cruise uses the Evil Force of Scientology to Kill Oprah!!!
    http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1369

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I would keep the original scene where they show Obi-Wan at Padme's Apartment talking to her about Anakin. Also, it would be nice if the scene went along like the comic book and novel versions did where Obi-Wan knows of Anakin and Padme, but says he "will not tell the Council any of this."

5. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Obligatory Padme shower scene comment.
    [face_plain]

6. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Add a bit more of Dooku. And repeat GG being killed by Obi-Wan a few more times for my enjoyment.

7. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    1. A longer version of the Battle at Kashykk, with Chewbacca shown killing several droids, then clones after they attack Yoda

2. I would have rather had Anakin fight Mace for a few moments, then have Anakin cut his hand off, then to have had Palps unlease his lightning on him and hurling him out the window.

3. More of Dooku. I think he should have lasted longer than Grievous

4. I think Tarkin should have been involved in the war as a pre-Empire/Republic officer, along with others . Then when Order 66 is given and the clones take out the Jedi, Tarkin and the other officers like him take over the positions held by the Jedi. Also, it would have been cool to have had Tarkin in the place of Cody.

5. More of Padme, particularly seeing her deal with she feels that something is goign wrong with Anakin. Also, I would like to have her show remorse and sadness over the Republic being turned into an Empire.

Darth Sin! :cool:

8. Darth_Hirion

Darth_Hirion Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I would add the following. In Mace Windu's death scene the explanation why Anakin is named as Darth Vader.

In Sidious and Vader scene watching the construction of Death Star I would add the following dialogue:

- Sidious (giving Vader a lightsaber): "Take this, Lord Vader, this is your new weapon".
    - Vader: "Obi-Wan, will pay for what he has done to me..."
    - Sidious: "Patience my friend, in time you will have your revenge."

9. DARTHRONIN314

DARTHRONIN314 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    I've thought about it!

1. After Vader's NOOOOOOOOOOO! The Emperor would contniue to instill hatred towards the Jedi &,.... "Lord Vader, there are Jedi who still elude our Empire. Take your new strength and your new weapon, revenge the love they kept from you!"
    -- Vader ignites his RED SABER,.... & CUT TO TANTIVE IV----

2. QUI-GON!

10. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Oh, this is killing me. This brings a tear to my eye and I wish something like that had been included.

I would also like more Obi-Wan
    - Obi-Wan and Padme scene that was apparently cut out
    - a scene showing the friendship between Anakin and Obi-Wan, like where they actually share a laugh or something
    - more with Obi-Wan and Luke
    - I think the final shot should have been of Obi-Wan

11. WidespreadPalpatine

WidespreadPalpatine Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    1. A few adult Jedi (Shaak Ti, Cin Drallig) being ambushed and sliced up by Anakin
    2. More suited Vader dialogue (receiving red saber, swearing revenge on Obi-Wan, meeting Tarkin)
    3. Better, longer battle of Kashyyyk (the OT definitely never made the battles seem like filler)
    4. Obligatory Padme shower scene

12. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I'd have liked to see the Red guards fight for some reason. Just a childhood fantasy I suppose.

13. Qui-gon-fishin

Qui-gon-fishin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    I would have liked to hear yoda say: :"worry not, Obi-wan. The return of the jedi, we will see".

14. Aatiyki

Aatiyki Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Actually, if they would have shown Padme breakdown after Palpatine annouced his Emperor-ship, and be sad and depressed, but actually cry, I would be more understanding of her 'giving up' in the end.

15. Darth_MSG

Darth_MSG Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2004
    1. QUI-GON!!!!!
    2. Birth of the Rebellion.
    3. Extended Temple slaughter.
    4. Some scenes during the Battle of Coruscant onboard the Venator Star Destroyer to show so differences between Republic and Imperial officers.
    5. Chewbacca and Tarful helping Yoda to the escape pod.
    6. More of Order 66 on other planets.

16. Wrathchild86

Wrathchild86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005

Agree[face_dancing]

17. The_Fett_Brothers

The_Fett_Brothers Jedi Master

Jun 9, 2005
    I would revise the scene where Yoda & OB1 tell Bail they're going into hiding from:

Bail: "Hiding? OK. My wife and I will take the girl, and live happily ever after subject to the evil emperor."

to:

Bail: "Hiding? What do you mean you're going into hiding? And leave the whole galaxy at the mercy of an evil Sith lord? You are the only guys left who can confront and defeat him!! And you're running away? You lousy cowards! You hypocrites! I risked my life for you, Yoda, and now you're skipping town? I don't believe this! If that's the way it's gonna be, you can just get off at the next planet. [Speaking into a communicator] 'Captain Antilles, what system are we in? Dagobah? That'll do.' [Turning back to Yoda] OK, pal, that's it. You're outta here - Dagobah it is."

18. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Anakin, coming out of Padme's 'fresher, only wearing a towel and drying his hair.

19. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Episode III : Revenge of the Sith

-Remaster the whole movie for a superior and digital sound and image quality.

-If there's more footage of the Space Battle, put it back.

-Put the original battle droid's voice back!

-Put all footage and dialogue cut from the Dooku duel back.

-Put the accent of the Neimodian pilots back.

-Cut Orn Fre Taa's "Watch it" and Jar Jar's "Excuse me" on the Senate Hall scene.

-Insert more scenes of the Battle of Kashyyyk. Let's us see the Wookiees using their bowcasters, and destroying the droids with their bare hands.

-Put the scene where Obi-Wan fights and destroys all the MagnaGuards on Utapau before he faces Grievous.

-If there is more footage of the Obi-Wan x Grievous fight, put it back.

-If there is more footage of the Mace x Sidious fight, put it back.

-If there is more footage of the scene where Obi-Wan watches to the security hologram on the temple, put it back, because it was a very short scene and we couldn't see more of his reaction.

-We were promised The Duel. So put the 12 minutes long duel back to the final cut of the movie!

-If there is more footage on the Yoda x Sidious duel, put it back.

-Put the Qui-Gon scene. Please, pay Liam a huge the amount of money he wants, but please let's us see this scene.

-Insert more destruction, more explosions, more fire, more debris on the scene where Vader rises from the surgery table. Make the table be thrown against the wall, and show Sidious dodging the debris. Redubb the "Noooooo" line again, make it meaner, raspier, louder and more aggressive.

If you guys wanna see a list of changes that should be done on ALL the movies, follow the link on my sig...

___Obi-1___

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I would have left Anakin's "Obi-Wan...?" in there, because his face still looks like he said it. Or edit out the sad face.

21. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    The birth of the rebellion, more Tarkin and some more of the battle of kashkkk.

22. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Honestly, the movie is very well edited, and doesn't need another scene. But I would add more debris and shattering objects and maybe sparks and explosions as Vader is doing the "Noooooooooo" thing. Plus I'd hold that scene for a second or two more.

However, to go with the thread, I'd say that in order to put back in the "birth of the rebellion" storyline, to give Padme something other than the "expectant mother and sad housewife" role to do, and to give a bit more for Anakin to be confused over, all that needs to happen is the inclusion of this one scene from the script (although I edited it a bit... makes it better, see...):

INT. CORUSCANT-CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE-SUNSET
    PALPATINE listens to a delegation from the Senate; PADME and five other Senators: NEE ALAVAR, FANG ZAR, MALEDEE, SWEITT CONCORKILL, and MON CALAMARI. ANAKIN stands to one side of PALPATINE.

PALPATINE:
    I assure you the appointment of Governors will in no way compete with the duties of the Senate.

PADME:
    There will be no further amendments to the Constitution?

PALPATINE:
    I want this terrible conflict to end as much as you do, My Lady, you must trust me to do the right things, Senator. That is why I am here.

FANGZAR:
    But surely . . .

The Chancellor turns on FANG ZAR.

PALPATINE:
    I guarantee an immediate return to democracy, that should be enough for your . . . committee.

PADME:
    Thank you, Chancellor.

PALPATINE:
    I thank you for bringing this to my attention, Senator.

PADME gives ANAKIN a frustrated look, then turns and exits with the other FIVE SENATORS. PALPATINE turns to ANAKIN.

PALPATINE:
    Their sincerity is to be admired, although I sense there is more to their request than they are telling us.

ANAKIN:
    What do you mean?

PALPATINE:
    Some see instability as an opportunity. Senator Amidala is hiding something. I can see it in her eyes.

ANAKIN:
    I'm sure you're mistaken.

PALPATINE:
    I'm surprised your Jedi insights are not more sensitive to such things.

ANAKIN:
    I simply don't sense betrayal in Senator Amidala.

PALPATINE studies ANAKIN carefully and gives him a skeptical look.

PALPATINE:
    Yes, you do.
    And this comes after Obi-Wan has left to engage Grievous, and after that scene with Anakin and Padme where she "sounds like a seperatist" and he tells her to "make a motion in the senate..." so it's a logical follow up, but it reveals that Padme is in fact involved with some kind of rebellious group, although clearly not a seperatist one.

Probably though, this being another scene that takes place in the Chancellor's office, and consists of people standing around talking, it really wouldn't fit all that well in the movie, despite the way I've edited it to be shorter.

23. Avaaatar0

Avaaatar0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    1. A lot more of the Jedi temple slaughter..

Anakin was never established onscreen really beating anyone but Dooku. Show him owning the other Jedi.

2. Stretch out the scene with Dooku..
    let Anakin score wound after wound, really cut him to ribbons and show his total mastery over Dooku

3. Flesh out the scene with the emperor vs the 4 jedi. They could have shown him owning them but still had a decent battle scene. I guess him mowing down the 3 jedi was supposed to establish that, but I felt cheated. The fights with multiple Jedi were the best. The emperor dancing through 4 swirling light sabers and taking them down one at a time would have been much more rewarding. Light saber fights are the trademark of the Star Wars saga, give us a little more of the good stuff, this is the final movie!!

24. Drew_Antkowiak

Drew_Antkowiak Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Here are my suggestions:

1) Vader slaughtering the Jedi in the Archives/library. With a PG-13 Lucas should have delivered on this, we need not see any younglings die. In fact, I like the strategic cut just before the extermination of the children, not only did it provide a tasteful transition for a gruesome scene, but it echoed the tusken raider slaughter well. Enough rambling, I just feel that we should have seen Vader killing a Jedi defense line, and the archive room would be a cool backdrop, besides, in the game it is used well as a level.

2) Palpatine instructing a suited Vader to exterminate the remaining Jedi. Too many people are quick to say that Order 66 killed all the Jedi instantly. In fact, Obi-Wan re-codes the signal to tell all remaining Jedi to flee Coruscant, perhaps hinting that there are a number of stragglers. This proposed scene could show Vader constructing his new saber while Palpatine tells him to seek out the remaining traitors and purge them.

3) Birth of the Rebel Alliance. If indeed this scene was filmed, it should have been in the final cut. I wont go into details, but it should be lifted directly from the novelization to the screen.

25. Darth_St_Hubbins

Darth_St_Hubbins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Been gone a while. Just checked in to see if anyone had come to their senses. You've all had time to view Sith multiple times (and if you have- god help you) and so the reality of the film's failure must of sunk in by now if you have half a brain and any discerning taste for good story telling and filmmaking. This thread looked like the most relevant place to toss my two cents in (know how the mods like us to stay relevant). And yes, I know nobody wants to hear my two cents! Anyway- the scene I would add? None, I just would have gotten a better writer and director to craft and film the film as a whole.

I feel sorry for those of you still hanging on to the idea that ROTS was a good film and a fitting conclusion to this formerly grand saga. Think I'm wrong? Go see Batman Begins. Now THAT is a great film and if you're honest with yourself, you'll realize how much it makes Sith and George Lucas look like the failures that they are. Imagine what Sith would have been like if Chris Nolan had been at the helm, or if George Lucas had merely approached the PT with the same reverence and hard work which Nolan approached the Batman story. Amazing what a creative filmmaker who actually cares about putting some effort and thought into a project can accomplish. Don't insert scenes, just scrap the whole PT and reshoot it with some talented directors. Sith still sucks. The prequels sucked, and the man in black who rules this summer ain't the dark lord of the sith, it's the Dark Knight of Gotham. Batman kicks Vader's ass.

Let the hating commence...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.