*OFFICIAL THREAD* Jedi Purge Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTader, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. DarthTader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    ^^^discuss^^^

how will they be wiped out?
    who will be the first to die?
    who will be the last to die?
    will it bring the rating up to PG-13?

feel free to add your thoughts and opinions

Now it's official.
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth48076 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    all will ne whiped out...

Lumina, Burtlar and Plo koon will be first..

Ki & mace will be last.

3. Misionero Jedi Youngling

I think the hunting starts at the end of EP3. We don't get to see Jedis dieing but hidding
  4. J_Var33 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I don't think we will see the whole purge. What I think we will see is the most powerful and the leaders of the Jedi get killed. It's like what Padme said about the battle droids in EpI and that they would be lost and confused without the vicroy. That could very well happen to the Jedi if the Council is killed off.
  5. burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader will hunt down and kill them. Just the important ones though. Why? To end the jedi council and bring a dictatorship.
  6. Dogma28 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I agree that the only jedi we see killed will be key jedi like Mace Windu. The rest who survive any initial attacks will be hunted down over too large a period of time to show in the film. I would love to see the whole film dedicated to this, but the political scene and lord know how much yawn material GL can fumble thru will fill the rest of the film
  7. D_Lowe Jedi Knight

star 6
    I have to go with that we will see guys like Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Kit Fisto die. They're the straw the stirs the drink with the Jedi order. Without them, the Jedi have no leadership and it will be easier to destroy the rest of the Jedi without leadership.
  8. Count_Navillus Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Bobba Fett kills them all!

Honestly itwill be all of the key Jedi Council members like stated before.
  9. D_Lowe Jedi Knight

star 6
    Count_Navillus, I hope you are kidding about Boba Fett killing them all.
  10. Darth_Ginsu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If you want to think outside the box for a second....I feel the *Purge* started with the killing of Qui-Gon Jinn. He's the first Jedi casualty of the machinations of Sidious of many more to come. Then you got the first battle of the Clone Wars on Geonosis. Right there are 150+ more Jedi gone. Take that and the opening crawl of AOTC stating the Jedi are overwhelmed and 3-4 years os galaxy-wide war.......I honestly feel the crawl for EPIII will state that the Jedi are on the brink of extinction. Then it's just sway public opinion(with the whole set-up of Sifo-Dyas ordering the Clone Army, a former Jedi being the ringleader of the CIS), nuke the Jedi Temple into dust to be thorough and pick the rest off.
    whostheBossk likes this.
  11. SarumanTheChef2 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think the actual purge shown will be minimal, with the fate of the large amounts of Jedi remaining ambigious. E.g., we'll see a couple die, but we won't see any of the real 'hunting' and purging at all; the audience then not finding out that all the Jedi except obi and yoda are wiped out until episode 4. When episode 3 ends, the audience will get that the Jedi's future holds only a small hope, but their fate would remain uncertain until 4, where the audience is presented with quite a shock, and the grim reality of how bad the Empire really gets.

just my 2 cents :)
  12. D_Lowe Jedi Knight

star 6
    Look for a lot of the Jedi to be killed during the Clone Wars.
  13. DarthTader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I personally belive that there will be a mass spacing...
  14. AdmiralKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Myidea was to have a raid on the jedi temple in which Mace sacrices himself to hold off the stormtroopers long enough to get the jedi on transports and ships , many of which are shot down by Star Destoyers in orbit and any that get away are hunted down in between E3 and ANH. Oh and theres a shot of a star destoyer leveling the jedi temple after the stormies clearout
  15. Count_Dooku21 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Most of the Jedi will be killed during the clone wars between episode 2 - 3. When we start in Ep 3 there will be hardly any left. An easy job for Sidious and his Bounty Hunters to take care of. Vader himself will help track down and locate some but most likely will only kill the key most powerful ones left.
  16. Darth Bilbo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmm. . . . (Copying and pasting from previous post, in other words, too lazy to type up again and/or too lazy to think of something new or post links)

The Jedi have been known as the protectors of the republic for a few millenia. They are viewed with reverance by a majority of the galaxy's population. What could possibly turn the public's view of them into something of an outlaw order?

I say that because Palpatine isn't just going to order the elimination of the jedi by Vader. How could he do that and still retain public support?

Let me just post a scenario. First off, we know that Ob1 was told by Dooku that a sith is in control of the senate, which is true. So what does he do? He tells the JC. In turn they contemplate who the sith could be.

Meanwhile, Palpy is gaining support by defeating the separitists and making himself look like a saint helping to eliminate beaurocracy that has stalled any action whatsoever in the senate. When the jedi realize that the sith is palpy, they realize that only they can defeat him, while at the same time not having the fore-sight to see the possible ramifications of this action.

Meanwhile Ani is taking more and more council with Palpy, being molded ever so subtley by the evil person that Palpy really is. When Ob1 is sent to put a stop to the sith, Ani is there to defend his freind that really understands him and isn't condescending about his choices. Thus, the battle between Ani and Ob1.

After this "assasination atempt", Palpy orders the assassin to be put on trial. Naturally, the Jedi won't hand over a member to a sith. So, the jedi are ruled an outlaw organization and are all to be hunted down and brought in, dead or alive.

Now, who better to lead this than a fearsome warrior named . . . . Darth Vader. And because it was in retaliation to an assassination attempt on the most popular political figure in the republic's history, it will be tolerated and condoned publicly.

L8er
  17. Count_Dooku21 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I repeat most of the Jedi are killed in the Clone Wars
  18. Darth_Ginsu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So most of us are in agreeance that most of the Jedi die off during the wars between AOTC & EPIII.

I really like the idea of Obi-Wan being an "asassin" and criminal due to this twisted view on his duel with the hero of the Clone Wars....man, I'd love to see that!
  19. AdmiralKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    i like the assain idea. i think thats the reason palps orders the raid on the jedi temple
  20. Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Many Jedi Knights die between Episode 2 and Episode 3.

The Jedi Masters on the Jedi Council get framed for the murder of Chancellor Palpatine (humble clone of Darth Sidious).

Clonetroopers are ordered to 'arrest and detain' all Jedi. Many Jedi will resist this and will be overwhelmed by clonetrooper mobs.

Once Anakin is Vader then he will seek out and destroy the surviving Jedi Council members. This leads to a final showdown between Windu and Anakin/Vader.

After Episode 3 in novels and comics Vader hunts down any stragglers.

And there you go...a Jedi Purge outlined.
  21. Ghouled-Scarlacc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd be neat if Anakin walked into the Jedi Temple as vader with an army of stormtroopers and tore the place apart. It'd sure be dark, but what a scene that would make!
    whostheBossk likes this.
  22. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Anakin obviously doesn't kill all of the Jedi single-handedly. Let's clear that up now. However, I believe he will serve as Palpatine's main-man, his general, leading the clonetroopers against the Jedi. But how will Palpatine shift public opinion? How will he turn the Jedi from revered, respected, guardians to crazy-old wizards with a hokey religion, who ought to be wiped out? The answer lies in a single-word: McCarthyism.

The Jedi now know, though Yoda denied it, that the Senate is controlled by a Sith Lord. They may try and warn the populace. However, the Republic is at war. We saw it during the Cold War, and we're seeing it in Post 9/11 USA: when the country is in conflict, patriotism rules. Unpatriotic statements are held under scrutiny, as are the people who say them, and accusations of treason abound.

Communist...Witch...Terrorist...Crazy-old-wizard.
  23. Leto II Jedi Padawan

star 6
    I think that Lucas will hold several "prominent" Jedi (meaning those that we've seen onscreen often, and with dialogue over the last two films) in reserve for one-on-one, personalized slayings...obviously, everyone knows that Mace goes without saying, but I think that a certain Cerean Jedi Knight will also have a prominent exit-scene in the next movie, given his role in the last two flicks (plus his following for his offscreen adventures).
    whostheBossk likes this.
  24. D_Lowe Jedi Knight

star 6
    **I posted this in another thread**

Many people wonder about the Jedi purge. What we do know it happened and that the Jedi are the enemy of the Sith. Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine got control of the Republic and made it an Empire. Vader was in charge to rid the Empire of the Jedi. The Jedi are wiped out, this much is clear and known. Now, how was the Jedi order declared to be eliminated? As we found out in AOTC, Count Dooku stated to Obi-Wan Kenobi that hundreds of Senators are now under the influence of a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious. So does that number increase? Probably. Now how did the Jedi purge start?

To put it in a basic summary, the Clone Wars end at the beginning of Episode III. The Republic defeats the Separatist Movement. So what happens after that? Palpatine declares the the goverment needs to change so something like the Clone Wars doesn't happen again. He declares that he needs to be in more control over things. He declares himself Emperor with the Senate approval. Most of the Senate love him as you may of seen in AOTC during the Emergency Powers vote. The Jedi figure out the truth of what is going on and resist it. They find out that Palpatine is a Sith. In fact, he is the missing Sith Lord that they have been looking for. But when they find out, it is too late. So what happens? Palpatine either legalizes by himself, or approval of the Senate that anybody who is against the new order is considered a traitor to the Republic and they should be either put in prison, or executed. The Jedi are considered a threat to the Senate because of their power. Then it is ordered that the Jedi are to be eliminated because they oppose Palpatine and the new Order. The Jedi won't be taken in and go down fighting for what they believe in till the very end. Now keep in mind that the Senate was still in existence at the beginning of ANH. In fact, Leia was a Senator. It was till the meeting on the Death Star it was finally announced that the Senate was finally dissolved. The Emperor was now in full control.
    whostheBossk likes this.
  25. seej13 Jedi Youngling

Here is my theory about the what happens to the Jedi in Episode III.

I think that at the end of the Clone Wars, Palpatine blame the Jedi for the clone army that caused such destruction throughout the galaxy. The Senate, many of its members still under Palpatine's control, will turn on the Jedi. What Jedi are left will go into hinding on a number of different planets. Palpatine will enlist Anakin (who by this time will have been expelled from the Jedi Order) to help him hunt down the Jedi who betrayed both him and the Republic.
    We will then get to see Anakin/Vader use his hatred to defeat Mace and the other Jedi. This will lead up to the final battle on a world Obi-Wan is hiding. They duel to the end with Obi-Wan winning. I am not sure how he wins and am not completely sold on the theory of Vader falling into Lava and surviving. But it is possible it could be on a planet covered with volcanos and lava pits. Obi-Wan then escapes to Alderaan, where Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia. Obi-Wan suggests they be separated and hidden for their own safety. Padme suggests taking Luke to the Lars', which is how he ends up on Tatooine. As for Yoda, Vader and the Emporer never find him.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.