main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Jedi Purge Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTader, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    after dust settles

I hope and expect that besides the two main deals with Anakin/Vader, we will see HIM storm the temple: here is where he takes out some main background jedi. This few minutes will help us realize how powerful he becomes.

Then once he fights obwan and loses. We will see him content to bring in the rest of the jedi. Many of those jedi we won't ever know.

2. queer_ewok

queer_ewok Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    DarthWindu is right, in the battle on Geonoshia heaps of Jedi bought it, it's thought that Mace Windu loses an arm but survives but is then killed with the other Council members and Jedi by Anakin/Vader in the storming of the Jedi Temple.

3. ForceFeeder

ForceFeeder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2001
    I'm sorry, but the expression "Jedi purge" just makes me think about something bulimics do (over the toilet) after devouring mass quantities.

Doesn't paint a pretty picture in my mind.

4. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I don't know why so many people think that the whole purge will be in EP III. It will take time to track down and kill all the Jedi. It took us quite a while to find Saddam and we are still looking for Bin Laden and the Jedi have just a wee bit more of an area to hide in.

Also, I wonder why Vader never finds Obi-Wan or Yoda. Perhaps he believes both are dead. They could very possibly think that Palps killed Yoda(maybe he snuck away) and perhaps for some reason Anakin thinks Obi-Wan died during their fight too somehow maybe the slope that they are on colapses and Obi-Wan hangs on or something while Anakin falls but anakin just doesn't see it. Vader did seem rather suprised when he felt Obi-Wans presence on the Death Star(could have just been suprised because he somehow got aboard the Death Star in the first place too). I don't know....I'm tired......go away!

5. jedi-chaz-windu

jedi-chaz-windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2004
    i may have seen/read somewhere that the whole concil is killed in an explosion at the jedi temple(exept mace mundi plo koon yoda and obi wan and maybe a few other jedi).
    could this be when palpy orders his clones to wipe out the jedi for acts of treason?
    maybe?
    who knows?
    what do you gues think?

6. JEDI-Bail_Organa

JEDI-Bail_Organa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2004
    remember osama and hussiem where/are in hiding the were'nt I'd love to see the council die together.

7. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Maybe their strong hold is destroyed by an orbital weapon, like a prototype/weak death Star.

8. JEDI-Bail_Organa

JEDI-Bail_Organa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2004
    any jedi in particular you like to see die in the movie I'm hoping for some Jedi quest, Jedi apprentice Characters friends of obi-wanand anakin it will add depth to their characters by showing their connections to other beings it shows that their not only jedi but people too. that would definetly kick @$$!

9. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Vader and Palps couldn't possibly wipe out the entire Jedi order alone, and there are too many allies of the Jedi to have a whole manhunt."

Yeah, that would be impossible IN A WORK OF FICTION!

Oh, and those lightsabers.......gotta go, man. Also impossible.

Droids with feelings...yeah right, Lucas. What were you thinking!

Folks, it's symbolic, not logical. It's a metaphorical narrative, not a documentary. Two Sith knock the Jedi Order down to two Jedi, who then return the favor with their own sacrifices. Then Luke starts it up all over again. Simple poignancy.

10. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Here's my opinion:
    Vader will enter the council room and kill Aalya first. Then he will have a short duel with Koon and eventually kill him. Then he will attack the rest until only Mace, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi,Saesee, and Kit are left. Yoda will somehow escape. Vader(argggh!!)will kill Saesee, who will go out in a blaze of glory. Then Ki-Adi, Vader(b*****d) will first stab him in the chest, but Ki will force push him back and go after him again. Finally, Vader slices the top of his head off and stabs the extra heart with his saber. Then he will have another duel with Kit and will kill him(noooooooooooooo!!!!). Finally he will kill Mace and I smash my t.v. and start crying hysterically. :_|
    THE END

11. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    so masterheiros, your going to watch the movie then run home hysterically and smash your tv? lol, but yah i hope we see vader killing a few of the jedi that we have actually seen before.

12. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Nope. I am going to wait to see it untill it comes out on dvd and try to watch it and THEN smash my t.v. :p Also, I hear that GG WILL be in Ep.3. I CANT STAND HIM!!! Maybe it irritates me that he is no Jedi or Sith and still knows how to use lightsabers. I know that he stole them from Jedi that he killed, but how would he know how to use them?

I HOPE FOR A SEPERATIST FREE EPISODE THREE!!!

13. isbagent1

isbagent1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2003
    Will the Jedi purge start imediately after the clone wars? I personally like the idea of the Clone Army's guns imediately training on the Jedi minutes after a truce with the separtists.

14. lordchavezEchavez

lordchavezEchavez Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    i think we will see the begining of the Jedi purge in Ep.3. there's too much happening in this movie to try and fit that in with the duel, the clones turning, palps "coming out", mace getting smoked, and then we have to fit in GG. too much for a 2 1/2 hour movie. But we will see the begining of the purge probably towards the end of the movie.

15. lordchavezEchavez

lordchavezEchavez Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    "Also, I wonder why Vader never finds Obi-Wan or Yoda. Perhaps he believes both are dead. They could very possibly think that Palps killed Yoda(maybe he snuck away)"
    If i remember correctly in ESB Vader tells Luke that OB1 trained him well and doesn't even mention Yoda. that tells me he doesn't even know that Yoda trained him on Degobah. he probably thinks Yoda is long gone, hence him not trying to find Yoda. Never caught that one until now. [face_mischief]

16. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    All Jedi die. Pretty cool. Also shows that Jedi are way overrated,.

17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Depends on how many jedi survive the Empire Onslaught>>.

This will truly show the jedi's power and that even though they were ignorant (bring up mundi in your head), they also were guardians of peace for an awfully long time.

I wonder which jedi will survive and how we would know??? (besides the obvious 2)

18. LiteSpeed

LiteSpeed Jedi Knight star 2

May 9, 2004
    OK. Stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

I started a thread recently about the aftermath of the openning space battle that speculated about the Jedi being removed from military command before the actual purge.

The space battle now appears to take place in the upper atmosphere of coruscant. ( within its gravity well )

It seems to me that lots of ships ( not just the one Anakin/Obi are on ) are going to crash into the planet causing massive destruction and loss of life.
    Following this I think the populace will demand that the Jedi are removed from power after this catastrophe.

I like the idea of Palps removing the Jedi from military control doing his man of the people/'I love democracy' bit rather than actively pursuing it himself. He just takes advantage of a 9/11 * 100 public outcry to acheive his political ends.

Palps could then declare martial law and assume complete control with at least a veil of democratic credibility.

What if Anakin, expelled from the order by this point, is given command of the republic's military forces ( Jedi as well?? ) instead of just being made Palpys bodyguard ?

Palps would be giving him enormous responsibility which would greatly appeal to his vanity and need for recognition, somthing completely lacking from the Jedi council.

And for all you fans who wanted Vader to be responsible for the killing of the Jedi......

After Sidious = palpatine is ( deliberatly ? ) revealed to the Jedi and Mace's "attempted assasination" of palpy , maybe Anakin is the one to give the actual order for the clones to turn on them ? ( at sidious's urging of course. )

19. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Thanks for updated this "classic" thread:

I like your ideas and i hope they are played out in less than a year I might add!

I really want to see suited Vader or even Anakin lead the clones after he gives the order and takes out a few of the main jedi in lightsaber combat.

that would rule! Especially if taken place inside the temple.

20. Admiral-Snackbar-81

Admiral-Snackbar-81 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    I feel all the jedi, save a couple, will be destroyed for this reason:

in ANH, you have only 2 (obi/ben, and in ESB, yoda). They COULD survive if they are THOUGHT dead, like in a slaughter, mistaken or whatnot. If those 2 were KNOWN to be alive, there would be no stone unturned until they were found.

So yeah, i feel all the Jedi, save those 2, will be wiped out. Plo, Ki, Kit, Saase, Adi Gallia, Yaddle (lol), Aayla, Barriss, Luminara, Mace, while they may not ALL have ON SCREEN deaths, their deaths may be implied, and not survive to be "hunted" for 20 years....

21. Peggy_Yoda_Kittin

Peggy_Yoda_Kittin Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    Because Palpatine wishes for a Jedi purge, he orders the clones to turn

on the Jedi on Kashyyyk.

Palpatine saw the Jedi as a threat to his New Order.

Palpatine rapidly wants to control Kashyyyk because Palpatine fears a

strong Wookie Army could also be a threat to his New Order.

22. overmydeadbody

overmydeadbody Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2004
    I would love to see an absolutely crazy fight between Sidious and Vader (in the suit, of course) and the remaining Jedi Council members. They sat there like fools in TPM and AOTC. They must have some purpose, and yes they do, their purpose is to die! And what better way than a Dark Side vs Light Side royal rumble. Seeing this would make me lose control of all my senses in a sensation of pure delight and joy.

23. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Jedi vs. Sith Royal Rumble??

Ya, I could go for that!!

As long as this scene would take some time to show the true power of both the jedi and the sith.
    With the time that is permitted, I don't want to see Vader slicing through the jedi like wet toilet paper, come on!! We need to see them give him all they got and this means having extended time on the temple raid or wherever the purge begins.

24. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I think it would be neat if every Jedi was accounted for. Not likely to happen. Still I am rooting for a good death scene for all the minor jedi that we have seen for a few seconds. Also I HATE the idea of Fisto dying by falling down a trapdoor.

25. alienlantern74

alienlantern74 Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2004
    i definitly belive that we will only see a handful of jedis fighting for their lives, then mabey at the end or close to it do a godfather- esque offing of everyone. the emperor is the new don and little ani is the hit man, tying up loose ends and eliminating the enemy with a great score for backround music. i can't wait to see how the jedi are actually all wiped out though, just because everyone including themselves is so overconfident that they will succeed no matter what. but it's not like they're stupid or cowardly by any meassure.

******************************************************* shop smart! shop S- Mart! YA GOT THAT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.