main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Jedi Purge Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTader, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    This ones called Revenge Of The Sith so I dont agree. That title basically spells out much Jedi killing.

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Many jedi will definetly die in this film. We should also see the jedi we know and love since TPM bite the dust too. This will be just the beginning though in what will be a massive overhaul of jedi deaths between ROTS and ANH.

Koon in '05 to survive!!

3. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I think they should shoot Adi Gallia and other surviving TPM and AOTC Council Members and have them blowing up in a starfighter or something for a quick 2 or 3 second shot to have closure to their character in the opening space battle or later space battles to show why they aren't on the Council later on, or in Even Piell's case, why they still are. Since he is returning they should at least find a small person to play his character for fighting scenes. This could be done since they are doing reshoots in Europe, but it won't happen, unfortunatly. :(

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I agree 100% and all we can do is hope, but since chances are slim and none, we should expect some jedi to get their scenes. If even a small background appearance for a few seconds would do for me. This would give us closure on these great characters.

5. BombardTarkin

BombardTarkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2002
    I am posting this here, because I am too much of a girly man to start another topic; plus I treasure the redundancy-free boards in all their pristine glory ;)

This may be nothing at all, but it is interesting "food for thought:"

On the VHS version of AOTC (which an *ahem* friend lent to me ...) there is a brief segment starring C3PO and R2D2 called "StarWars Connections" that basically recounts the events of Episodes 1,2,4,5,6 with the occasional droid witticism we have all come to know and love.

Anyway, during the description of events for what we know happens in ROTS, the footage shown is from other SW movies. Thus, when 3PO tells us that "Vader hunted down the remaining Jedi" it shows a clip of Vader shooting down a Rebel fighter in ANH.

This suggests a strong possibility that GL interprets his own claim that Vader will help the Emperor hunt down the Jedi as meaning that Vader will track them and destroy them in various ways including space battles. Why do we care? Because this seems to offer some credence to two possible takes on the purge:
    1) that the hunting occurs offscreen and b/w ROTS and ANH or
    2) that Vader kills some Jedi in a dogfight during ROTS

From what we know of ROTS so far, the former suggestion seems far more likely ...

Bottom line: more evidence for the purge to largely happen between films and not in the plot of ROTS.

By the way ... I've just told you the best part of the VHS segment ... no need to beat up the nerdy next-door neighbour to view his copy. :)

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I can imagine Vader taken out most of the jedi via dogfight, no doubt. I would say he would draw his saber a few times , but the majority would be the stormtroopers and him in space battles destroying the jedi.

7. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I am very interested to see who will rival Anakin/Vader in space battles. We know Kenobi is OK but not a great pilot who likes to fly. My guess is it will be one of the council members. (Koon)??

8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Or maybe we will see Seasee Tinn fly just like in the clone wars cartoons?

Who would you like to see fly a fighter wing?

9. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Somebody's got to have a favorite pilot! Anybody besides Anakin? We know we will see him , but who would you want to see some action of in a star fight?

10. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    What I want to know is are any jedi arrested and held in the starwars version of "prison" or are they all just executed?

11. nexius98

nexius98 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2004
    Seasee tinn in action in fight ... we know by his DS that he was an extraordinary fightpilot in his cutlessclass fighter.... i wana see this!

12. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I was just thinking re: the assault on the Jedi Temple and the killing of the Younglings...

The Bear Clan as we saw them in AOTC will have aged about 3 years. Sure, they'll still be kids...but I don't think they'll be those little-bitty kids we see. We don't see any other Clans in AOTC, so is it fair to assume that other Clans were around the same age?

Thus, I think any Youngling action will be involving 11-13 year olds. Unless I'm putting the Bear Clan's ages to old in AOTC. And, unless there are newer Younglings that joined the Order after AOTC, this 11-13 year old group may be as young as we see.

Given they may be this old, it's very probable we may see some bite it onscreen. Lucas won't show little bitty kids getting killed, but maybe a handful of older young kids?

Thoughts?

13. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    From the E3 videogame (courtesy of chud.com boards):
    Blue-sabered betrayer with saber unsheathed!!
    [image=http://img79.exs.cx/img79/6443/game8.jpg]

14. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    That pic looks pretty sweet. I see me some blue-on-blue.

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I don't believe any jedi will be purging each other....

or will they?

16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

[b] What I want to know is are any jedi arrested and held in the starwars version of "prison" or are they all just executed?[hr][/blockquote][/b]
    There are. Many were captured and taken into Imperial custody by the Empire's Jedi-hunters (Ashka Boda, Taj Junak, a few others), and then executed. It was a difficult proposition to overpower and then hold a Jedi in thrall; thus craft like the Imperial Dungeon Ship were created to utterly subjugate a Jedi's resistances while in transit.

Many of them, including Boda, were violently tortured by Palpatine before their deaths, the Emperor seeking whatever Force secrets they possessed. A few more managed to hold out until not long prior to ANH, but still ended up getting their tickets punched.

17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I would imagine they didn't last long. Join us or die ring a bell?

18. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    There was some conversion (or attempted conversions) along the way, but the lion's share were still put to death, simply because Palpatine couldn't suffer terribly many to live, due to the risk they posed as Jedi *or* rival darksiders.

Several of those (including some Jedi who defected to the Confederacy during the Clone Wars) became Imperial Jedi hunters themselves, Inquisitors, or "Emperor's Hands." Other Force-sensitive indivduals were detected and recruited by many of these same High Inquisitors as dark Jedi, working in the shadows for the Emperor (Brakiss, Jerec, Adarlic Brandl).

A number of other prominent Old Republic politicians and miltary officers were placed on Imperial death-warrant lists when New Order conversion failed, including Jan Dodonna.

19. YODA-VID

YODA-VID Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    I think we will see alot of jedi killed in the jedi temple. it probaly want be shots with alot of blood or anything like that but far off shots. it probaly will be in detail with mace but others I think we will see them get it but from a distance.

20. boba_fett_protector

boba_fett_protector Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2004
    The little we know about Darth Vader in episode III leads me to believe that we won't see him in a dogfight... He's only going to be in it for ten minutes tops, and most of that will be the "birth".

As for Jedi deaths, we know Mace takes a few jedi with him to confront Palpatine, their fate is sealed. What about Mundi and Koon? Will george have them die against an assault of clonetroopers, or die in space battles? Have we determined the four jedi that are with Windu? Kit Fisto is the only one that's really "locked in" isn't it? or is Aayla Secura and Eth Koth there too?

Isn't the 2006 TV show supposed to deal with the purge? I think that might be the best way to deal with it.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Palpatine would allow ANY Jedi to live, they would be a threat to him. Yoda and Obi-wan survive because they are believed dead. The idea that some Jedi would join with the Dark Side doesn't fit. The Dark Side drowns you in the desire for more and more power. Anyone still alive and well would ultimately want to take Vader or Palpatine's place. There's no room for more than the Master and his Apprentice.

22. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    The Purge will happen through out the movie and the clone wars .
    General grievous will take out a bunch of em in the clone wars , wich will be on tv very soon . Than you Have the issue with Anakin starting the final purge in ROTS , which starts with mace and posse thats when it will finally hit ,that they are indeed going to be destroyed and extinct . We all tought a long time ago that this will happen afther ROTS , but this is not the case now .

The Truth is that Anakin half way thorught the movie becomes vader and helps the emperor hunt down and destroy the jedi knights ,at the end of the movie I foresee that only Yoda and Obi wan will be alive except for maybe a dozen jedi scattered around the galaxy in whcih we will see Darth vader now in the suit slice and dice em .....

23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Palpatine would allow ANY Jedi to live, they would be a threat to him. Yoda and Obi-wan survive because they are believed dead. The idea that some Jedi would join with the Dark Side doesn't fit. The Dark Side drowns you in the desire for more and more power. Anyone still alive and well would ultimately want to take Vader or Palpatine's place. There's no room for more than the Master and his Apprentice.[hr][/blockquote][/b]
    That's mostly a personal interpretational thing, though, since there hasn't yet been anything established in the films in either direction concerning Palpatine's proclivities after Vader's conversion. And they're too few in number to hit critical mass against anyone like the Sith; most of their infighting was confined to within their own ranks, and to date there aren't any instances of them directly challenging the two Dark Lords for supremacy.

Many of the defected darksiders were established in the recent [i]SW: Republic[/i] issues, vetted by Lucas, and it's been confirmed that a few of them survive in the Emperor's service up through the original trilogy era. That having been said, obviously they ain't in any way, shape, or form remotely powerful enough to challenge Palpatine and Vader for the title-bout...most were cultivated as lower echelon Force-wielders to do what the Imperial "mundanes" could not, on the [i]q.t.[/i], but were still kept at arm's length.

24. jove

jove Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    i am new to the boards and such so HELLO EVERYONE!!!

a scene which i have always imagined, call it a fan-boy wet dream...

is the now all powerful anakin/vader goes to the jedi temple and not only the padawans but other jedi are there as well...

so 20-30 or so jedi vs. anakin athough the greatest jedi or what have you, still would have trouble defeating them. there for he uses force powers to obtain light sabers laying around, maybe in a case....the come flying through the glass of the case and 10-20 or so un-activated sabers are hovering behind anakin, the all ignite, randomly but one after another...

they slaughter the jedi in the temple while anakin just stands as calm as a spring FU!@#$%-ing tree...

i dont know... its kinda stylish...

late!

25. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    The Jedi will die in a number of ways:

If I remember correctly, I think Pablo, Rick or some other Lucasfilm official said some time ago that we will find out the identity of who placed the order for the Clone Army on Kamino.

This is tied into this thread because in the same conversation the Lucasfilm dude said that an order will be given to the Clone Troopers, one that was genetically engineered to override other commands/duties. And this command is to kill the Jedi in charge of their specific squad of troopers. This is where we see Kenobi forced to kill Commander Cody who is given the order to kill him.

I can imagine a Clone Trooper beside his Jedi Commander and blowing himself up taking the Jedi with him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.