*OFFICIAL THREAD* Jedi Purge Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthTader, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    The Deaths of the Jedi Order

Mace Windu - Killed by Sidious & Anakin
    Saesee Tiin - Killed by Sidious
    Agen Kolar - Killed by Sidious
    Kit Fisto - Killed by Sidious
    Ki-Adi-Mundi - Gunned down by his Clone Troopers
    Aayla Secura - Gunned down by her Clone Troopers
    Plo Koon - Gunned down by his Clone Troopers (Air battle)
    Shaak Ti - Killed by Anakin (?)

Luminara Unduli - ???
    Barriss Offee - ???
    Bultar Swan - ???
    Stass Allie - ???

Ok, I don't know if they've been mentioned before, but does anyone know how the last four Jedi die? Are they even mentioned in Episode III? Please help. Sorry for not noticing this thread earlier, darth-sinister.
  2. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Squishy_Vic posted on 4/3/05 11:30pm
    The Deaths of the Jedi Order

Mace Windu - Killed by Sidious & Anakin
    Saesee Tiin - Killed by Sidious
    Agen Kolar - Killed by Sidious
    Kit Fisto - Killed by Sidious
    Ki-Adi-Mundi - Gunned down by his Clone Troopers
    Aayla Secura - Gunned down by her Clone Troopers
    Plo Koon - Gunned down by his Clone Troopers (Air battle)
    Shaak Ti - Killed by Anakin (?)

Luminara Unduli - ???
    Barriss Offee - ???
    Bultar Swan - ???
    Stass Allie - ???

Ok, I don't know if they've been mentioned before, but does anyone know how the last four Jedi die? Are they even mentioned in Episode III? Please help. Sorry for not noticing this thread earlier, darth-sinister.

/>

Updated from the script:

Mace Windu - Killed by Sidious & Anakin on Coruscant.
    Saesee Tiin - Killed by Sidious on Coruscant.
    Agen Kolar - Killed by Sidious on Coruscant.
    Kit Fisto - Killed by Sidious on Coruscant.
    Shaak Ti - Killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
    Ki-Adi-Mundi - Gunned down by his Clone Troopers on Mygeeto.
    Aayla Secura - Gunned down by her Clone Troopers on Felucia.
    Plo Koon - Shot out of the sky by his Clone Trooper wingmen on Cato Neimodia.
    Luminara Unduli - Killed on Kashyyyk by Clones.
    Quinlan Vos - Killed on Kashyyyk on Clones. Fired upon by a tank.
    Barriss Offee - Killed on Felucia by a "Clone Walking Tank" after Aayla.
    Stass Allie - Killed on Saleucami. She's on a speeder bike when her Clones drop behind and kill her.
    Bultar Swan - Death not shown in ROTS
    />/>
    whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks ManaByte.

Quinlan Vos is in Episode III? :confused:

Dammit, Mace Windu dies. Dammit, Plo Koon dies. Dammit, Barriss Offee dies. Dammit. :(
  4. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    According to the screenplay he is. Vos is mentioned by Obi-Wan (the Trivial Pusuit DVD has that scene) and he dies in the same scene that Luminara Unduli dies in. She gets gunned down, and then they show Vos riding on top of a tank when another clone tank turns and fires on him blowing it up.

I guess Vos is the EU character that shows up in the movie, which will make ROTS the 2nd Star Wars movie he was in as his design is based on a background character in Mos Espa in TPM.
  5. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, cool. Well, it's amazing how many masters get killed by clone troopers, when they are supposed to be the best of the Order. I guess it's just the least expected thing on their mind. That sucks. So how about that Palpatine's office scene? I love how Sidious just jumps over his desk, and quickly kills Council members Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, then beheads Kit Fisto. Pretty crazy. Poor Mace, he takes his 'posse' for nothing, basically, right? :p Great movie. Look forward to seeing it. Goodnight everyone. I-)

Star Wars: Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith (May 19, 2005)
  6. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    Bultar Swan - Death not shown in ROTS

I heard the actress never was in ROTS so the character didn't survive the clone wars
  7. timtoews5292004 Jedi Knight

I don't know about everybody here, and I'm not sure if this has been covered in other threads or not, but I got to thinking about the Jedi Purge today. If you watch the OT, specifically Episode IV, Kenobi's discussions with Luke make it seem like the Jedi Purge went on a long, long time. That Vader hunted them down to the last man, and it took a long time. The EU/Clone Wars reveal that the Jedi order is HUGE, perhaps as many as several thousand members, but by the time Ep III rolls around they're cut down significantly. Based on and what we know of Episode III, the Jedi Purge essentially lasts a couple of days at the most. I don't know if I like that or not. I guess I'll just have to deal with it, though. But for me, the Purge is less a "heroic struggle to the last man" than a tragic, cruel merciless extermination. I guess thats what gets me the most. Realizing that these people were so tied up in serving the greater good, they had no clue about just HOW EVIL the people were around them, and to what extent they would go to accomplish their own ends.
  8. Obilieveinme Jedi Master

star 4
    I think its important to have the younglings die in the movie for emotional connection. I don't think the general public cares enough about the second and thirdary jedi to make the scene work without it.
  9. IH2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    not much hunting involved since they were all in the temple...Is that what your getting at??
    More like a turkey shoot.....
  10. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do we know that Barriss dies? I know that Luminara kicks the bucket...but I only know that Aayla dies on Felucia. It's possible that Barriss escapes unscathed, right?
  11. YARN Jedi Knight

star 2
    No,

Kit Fisto survives the purge and goes into hiding!
    He puts down his blade and runs for the outer rim.
    Unfortunately, a few years late he agrees to appear on VH1's "Where Are They Now?" and is promptly hunted down by the Emperor who is a huge fan of the show.

12. Jedi-DoUrden Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am sure that not all of the Jedi could possibly be in the Tower all at the same time; it would make the case for "don't put all your eggs in one basket." I would like to think that a great many were scattered around the galaxy that Vader hunted down.. but that's my own thoughts about it. I agree with timtoews5292004 would be almost anti- climatic if all were eliminated in one spot at the same time.
  13. IH2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    the clonetrropers were wiping out plenty of them out though...
    taking obi-wans statement in ANH literally, Vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi....one can infer that vader must do some slicing and dicing after he is in the suit....then again, obi lied about tons of stuff
  14. timtoews5292004 Jedi Knight

I never really said that they were all at one spot at one time. I'm just saying that thanks to "Order 66", it all happens at once, in hundreds of different places, very clean, merciless, almost antiseptic in a way. The clones do most of the dirty work for Vader and the emperor, off Coruscant anyway.
  15. DARTHCOLEMAN Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's illogical for all the jedi to be gone by the end of revenge of the sith. They re route the signal to tell others to stay away from coruscant. That suggests that there could be survivors. True the heavy lifting of the purge will be done in the film, but it is illogical that all the Jedi would be gone at the end of the film. The Eu suggests there are survivors for years before they are hunted down and exterminated. The EU has some credibility because Quinlan-Vos and Aylla Securra were in the movies and they are EU characters not Lucas creation.
  16. boran Jedi Knight

Quick question: Mace tells a jedi to prepare the temple for defense against a possible counter-attack. What defense is mustered and why does it fail so miserably?

-Boran
  17. Adm_Thrawn Jedi Master

star 4
    When does that happen???

I was under the impression that Anakin and the 501st Legion just waltz right in and start killing.
  18. boran Jedi Knight

"However, this action is not welcome by all members of The Jedi Council - some who believe they should wait for Yoda's return. Mace commands Shaak-Ti to begin to prepare for the defence of The Temple against a possible retaliation attack.

As Shaak-Ti prepares to defend the Jedi Temple, Anakin Skywalker takes a speeder, and through the pouring rain, flies to Chancellor's Office."
  19. Adm_Thrawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, interesting.

I haven't yet read the novel.
  20. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Also, we know that Vos is not on Kashyyyk when he dies. He moves his troopers to Bospeti(sic) prior to Order 66.

Isn't that what the movie clip from the trivial pursuit game says?
  21. Thundercracker Jedi Master

star 4
    It doesn't look like Quinlan Vos's death is going to be shown. According to the Making of book his death was pre-visualized in animatics but the scene was never actually filmed.
  22. Force-Keeper Force Ghost

star 5
    Isn't that what the movie clip from the trivial pursuit game says?

Yes. "Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pitty" -Obi-Wan
  23. IH2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hunt:
    To pursue (game) for food or sport.
    To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.
    To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.
    To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.
    To seek out; search for.
    To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.

unless old obi-wan goes off on some damned fool idealistic crusade again, how is he aware of Darth Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi?? He is supposed to be in seclusion...or is there a Galactic CNN???
  24. timtoews5292004 Jedi Knight

In a way, yes. Its called the HoloNet. Any Time he'd wander into mos eisley or mos espa he'd probably hear something.
  25. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And if you believe the EU, and frankly I do not, Obi-wan does engage in some missions during the dark times of the Empire.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.