main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Official Thread~~ **Lightsabre Reference Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Feb 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SantoroSM

SantoroSM Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I just don't understand why Lucas settled on this green/blue vs. red thing. I mean, how many Jedi can you name from the EU with red lightsabers? Well, for starters, Leia and Lowbacca have red sabers. Someone has one that's purple and white... Do they just have special crystals?

2. jedijedi

jedijedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    That's just according to EU, Santoro. EU and George Lucas are not the same thing. I don't read EU, but I know that purple and white lightsabers probably don't even exist in GL's original vision of the Star Wars galaxy (if they do, I've never seen them).

GL probably chose green/blue against red because it emphasizes the contrast between good and evil since red traditionally represents sin/evil/etc.

At least that's what I think...^^

3. jedijedi

jedijedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Okay....this might be a redundant question but I'm too lazy to go through all the lightsaber reference pages.....>_<

Looking at Santoro's post above, I was just wondering if there are actually purple or white lightsabers in any of the SW movies(and I'm not talking about EU). I read on this board that some Jedi like Dooku have golden or orange lightsabers but what is the actual range of colors that lightsabers have and why?

Thanks ^^

4. BRORA-ALT

BRORA-ALT Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Looking at Santoro's post above, I was just wondering if there are actually purple or white lightsabers in any of the SW movies

Mace has purple.

5. Darth_Kane

Darth_Kane Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I know when I first saw Anakin's saber for AOTC I was surprised at how much it looked like Vader's saber from the OT. In fact the only difference between the two is the tip or emitter. In AOTC it's crome, but in the OT it is black. I was scared that George was gonna skip the ANH saber(Graflex) which Ben gives Luke. Now I believe I have figured it out. The Graflex or original from ANH will be in the next movie and this is why. We know Anakin will not be bad the whole movie, so at some time his saber has to be either blue or green. This significant because I believe Anakin will repair his AOTC light saber seeing that the only part that is different between the AOTC and OT Vader saber is the tip which was cut off on the conveyor belt. So the AOTC and OT Vader saber are the same minus one small repair and a red crystal.

6. Rabid_Ewok

Rabid_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Yo? does sidious have a light saber and if so, whats the details?

7. Aegis

Aegis Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    i thought sidious' sabre is clear or black?

8. DarthMaulX2

DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I am 100% sure sidious has a lightsaber. Building a lightsaber is Sith tradion, as much a tradition as choosing a Sith name (darth whatever). It is most likely just red, single bladed, and a normal cilender hilt. The urge for use, however, is a different story. The power of the dark side is his weapon.

Also, I find it odd that after Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan fall off the Reek, behind them, slightly to the left of the center, a jedi has a blue saber in the left hand, and a green saber in the other hand. Is 2 sabers a common thing amungst jedi now?
    The use of 2 sabers hasnt been mentioned much. Anakin in AOTC, Boc in JK, Proboly some villians in the EU that I havnt caught up to yet. But I dont think that there has ever been anything about a Jedi building 2 sabers.

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I noticed the dual-wielding Jedi in the background, too. In the EU, there are two dual-wielders: the Padawan A-Sharad Hett uses two "standard-length" blades, and the late Jedi Master Micah Giett (Ki-Adi Mundi's predecessor on the Council) used twin "short" sabers.

10. Darth_Lord_Mencious

Darth_Lord_Mencious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    I think they should make a Double Bladed Silver Lightsaber that would be cool!

DLM

11. DarthMaulX2

DarthMaulX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    How could you have a silver lightsaber?

Have you ever seen a silver light bulb?

12. Xizors1

Xizors1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    I am confused/annoyed re: OB1 replacing his lightsaber from TPM with an almost exact duplicate. TPM novelization mentioned at the end that he took Qui Gonn Jinn's as his own to honor him. What happened to QGJ's green saber?

Additionally, it appears that Anakin will also replace his AOTC saber with an exact duplicate of the original in the next film (if we are to correctly assume that the saber given to Luke by OB1 is indeed the same as that wielded by Anakin).

The above strikes me as incongruous with GL's tendency towards continuity.

Thoughts?

13. taeseesiin

taeseesiin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I can't believe we have an official lightsaber thread in which lightsaber is misspelled in the title....

14. ASHBURRN

ASHBURRN Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 1999
    Sabre is the correct spelling. Refer to earlier in the thread for confirmation of this.

I am curious as well to the differences between an electrum and crystal lightsabre. Anyone have any idea on this?

15. taeseesiin

taeseesiin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Do you think you might be able to tell me what page that's on? There are 21 pages on this thread. I've never seen it spelled "sabre" in any official lucas stuff. Sabre is 'a' correct spelling if you're taliking about a generic bladed weapon, but not the one Lucas uses, not that I'm aware of.

16. ASHBURRN

ASHBURRN Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 1999
    http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres.htm#index

17. ASHBURRN

ASHBURRN Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 1999
    Up.

Any ideas on the electrolum and crystal lightsabres?

18. ASHBURRN

ASHBURRN Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 1999
    Up.

Any ideas on the electrolum and crystal lightsabres?

19. ASHBURRN

ASHBURRN Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 1999
  20. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    Haven't been around recently and saw that this thread is now 'official'.

[face_blush]

21. ASHBURRN

ASHBURRN Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 1999
    Up again.

22. GeorgeLouis

GeorgeLouis Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2002
    If you notice Anakin's lightsaber compared to Darth Vader's, they are almost the same except Vader's has more black on it. I think that the lightsabers are built to fit the Jedi. If so, does that mean when Dooku was a Jedi, his was curved also?

23. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    The answer to the electrum/crystal lightsaber question was on the force.net a few months ago, and since they used one of my posts I am most qualified to answer the question 8-}

All lightsabers are "crystal" lightsabers because they have a colored crystal in them that focuses the blade. It also determines the color of the blade. It's called a crystal lightsaber because they wanted to put an adjective infront of lightsaber for the commercial.

The real question is, what is "electrum" and how does it pertain to Mace? Electrum is a type of metal that has a white gold color. Being that Mace is a senior jedi council member, he is allowed to coat his lightsaber with this special electrum finish as a sign of rank. Therefore, Mace's saber is a crystal lightsaber that has an electrum finish. Once again the people who made the comercial wanted an adjective for lightsaber, but didn't want to use the same one they used for Obi/Ani's commercial.

24. Darth-Jedi

Darth-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I haven't seen Mace's commercial, hopefully I will before they stop advertising AOTC altogether. Unless someone can link me to a download of the commercial?

25. Kun2112

Kun2112 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.