main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Mace Windu in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by GabeC, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    [image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0004996.jpg]

Lego Set provided by starwarsagent ...

2. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    curious.................

3. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Would have been cool if Mace was sporting a goatee for this movie :cool:. It would have been a sign of the stressful times. Y'know make the jedi seem like they were really in war times, Anakin needs a haircut, Windu needs to shave :p

4. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    The funniest thing would be if Mace walked in sporting an afro. I would cry.

5. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I dont think SLJ could grow an afro even if he wanted to.

EDIT:maybe a gray one with a bald spot :p

6. Scottr79

Scottr79 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2004
    Ok, I don't know where to post this and I dare not open a new thread with risk of being bashed by all members that know of every single thread. But based on all we know thus far and all the new facts we have heard...where do we rate Mace Windu in terms of sabre skilss. All Mace fans seem to think he is more powerful than Sidious but I disagree.

It has been said that Sidious, Anakin, and Yoda are all level 9 in sabre skills, the highest level. Obi Wan is an 8 yet defeats Anakin. If Mace is an 8 as well...from what we know so far Mace cannot defeat Anakin (again..from what we know so far). In the beginning of ROTS Obi Wan and Anakin have difficulty with Dooku fighting him together. Proof is in the "just the facts section" where it speaks of the dueling mentioning Obi Wan gettings knocked into the wall, Anakin getting kicked to the ground, etc. So from this I propose the following order

1. Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Anakin
    4. Obi Wan
    5. Count Dooku
    6. Mace Windu

Now the only question to me is whether Obi Wan could actually defeat Dooku alone. But since Obi Wan defeats Anakin (although an emotinal wreck) and Dooku loses to Anakin this is my logic. What do you think??

7. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Mace is 3rd.

8. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I thought Mace was a 9 :confused:

9. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    I think it's impossible to say until we see him in a duel. He acts badass, but I'm wondering how badly spanked he gets by Sidious.

10. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    I've got a good one:

Will they ever say his first name? :D

They've always called him, "Master Windu," maybe will we hear a Mace in this movie?

[Grievous,[/b]
    Asking the questions. :cool:

11. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Mace Windu - Over aggressive Jedi or Agent of evil?
    SLJ - ?I?m the second baddist mofo in the universe?.

My opinion

I believe that Mace Windu is in league with Palpatine/Sidious - either for innocent reasons (protect the Jedi) or for sinister reasons (he is a dark side user).

Jedi

If he is going behind the council for the good of the Jedi (in his opinion) then this will still be a mistake as it leads to destruction of the Jedi. He knows about the clones and believes an army is needed. He like Sifo Dyas sensed the growing dark side. Mace Windu would appear to be a Jedi whom likes to get the job done at any cost.

Sith

If he is a Sith (turned to Dark Side) then we know why he is being deceitful and will see him as a traitor.

Windu knows about Dooku?s involvement. Dooku may think that Mace is involved with the clones in some way (through Palpatine) but that is it.

Mace wont be a full Sith until Dooku dies. It will work like this:

1. Sidious and Maul (Dooku in waiting)
    2. Sidious and Dooku (Mace in Waiting)
    3. Sidious and Mace (Anakin in waiting)
    4. Sidious and Vader (Luke in waiting)

I know the two Sith is not a natural rule but a Sith code, however, I find it odd that there would be only one Sith between Dooku dying and Anakin turning, never mind how short that time is. I don?t think Sidious will risk NOT having an apprentice - he doesn?t know for sure that he will turn Anakin.

Jedi can turn to the dark side first without being a Sith immediately.

AOTC Novel

I think someone is working on the inside and holding things back from the Jedi. This person is Mace Windu.

1) The trade federation army is not reduced and the rumours of their army remaining were not followed up by the jedi (apparently).

2)The TF revealed to the Jedi that Darth Sidious was controlling the events of EP1 (nothing done)

Obi Wan?s feelings in the novel

1)Before Obi speaks to Yoda and Windu in jedi temple hallway he is hesitant when he see's Mace with Yoda. He convinces himself that Mace will offer a good POV. However, there was doubt there for some reason.

2)In the description of the deleted scene with Obi Wan and Mace in the book, Obi Wan is unsure whether to pass on a message to Yoda rather than leave it to Mace, but again convinces himself otherwise.

3)It would seem the beheading of Jango was missed by the other Jedi. Obi Wan feels sorry for Boba but due to the moment hasn?t time to reflect. Now in relation to Dooku's look when Mace does this- is this because it is an 'evil' act?

Are Obi Wan?s feelings here based on his astute insights? Does he feel there is something dodgy about Mace deep down but just dismiss these feelings every time. Maybe he just can?t comprehend what he is feeling here?

Mace and Yoda?s relationship (in novel and films)

Mace does speak over Yoda. You can say there are times when he speaks first but Yoda agrees. However I think Yoda has to go along with him due to politics etc. However in the scene where Mace says he will go to Geonosis (in the novel) this is the following sentence and Yoda's line - 'that left the other task to him. Yoda nodded accepting it. "Visit I will the cloners on Kamino..."'

I think it is clear also in the film that Mace interrupts Yoda and makes decisions before discussing them. This is because it is down to Mace to ensure the army is created and if he is a Sith it will eventually lead to the Jedi?s destruction.

Now I know you?re going to say that what Mace says it just the facts and to some extent it is true. But just have at look at everything he says that is on a par with Palpatine and which gets the Sith plan back on track after the failed assassination.

I think his comments like 'our ability to use the force is diminished' and his dialogue about not knowing what is going on is him masking his true feelings and knowledge.

I?m personally beginning to love the idea of the confrontation scene in ROTS turning into a Sith battle scene like ROTJ. Mace needs Palpatin

12. A_Jedis_Fury

A_Jedis_Fury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    Master Shaitan i agree totally about the controversy surrounding Windu (in fact i just had a thread about it locked :(...) i tend to lean more towards the fact that he thinks hes doing it for the good of the council rather than that he's in league with the sith which i dont think he is. It makes sense and fits well that he was the guy who deleted Kamino and who alerted the Kaminoans of Obi Wans impending visit... his relationship with Dooku is also questionable at best. Great points Shaitan.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Before posting all of that, I could've told you one of the earliest confirmed plot elements is that Mace isn't a traitor.

14. A_Jedis_Fury

A_Jedis_Fury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    Okay so he's not a traitor.. but does that rule him out even if he was doing it for what he thought was the good of the Republic? that wouldnt make him a 'traitor' so can this theory really be dismissed so easily?

15. Tower_Skywalker

Tower_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2005
    Mace will die confronting The Emperor, but probably will be killed by Ani. More than likely will be the moment Ani turns to the darkside and sides with Palp.

16. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Shaitan has hit the nail on the head. Nobody official has confirmed what mace' role is in all of this, so for those of you who say that it has been CONFIRMED that mace did not do any of this.....you are not telling the truth.

17. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Mace is a good guy. Why are we debating this?

18. yodastwilight

yodastwilight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2004
    Does anybody know if it confirmed that Mace get tossed out of a window and that is how he dies. Or is that the best spoiler type thing we've got?

19. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Mace is a hypocrite.

He punishes Anakin for killing DOoku and not taking him into custody.

When Anakin finds out about Sidious being Palpatine, he fights and defeats him, but spares hisn life as Mace said, and goes back to the Temple to tell Mace.

Then Mace gets 3 other Jedi to go to the Chancellor and KILL him, and tells the CHOSEN ONE, who by the way has ALREADY DEFEATED HIM, to stay at the Temple for a punishment on NOT killing him and obeying orders.

Mace is as bad as a good guy can get.

20. SuperStarDestroyer

SuperStarDestroyer Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 1999
    So from this I propose the following order

1. Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Anakin
    4. Obi Wan
    5. Count Dooku
    6. Mace Windu

Mace is 3rd

Haven't any of you read the thread on the Mace/Sidious duel? All spoiler evidence there seems to suggest that based on lightsaber skills alone, Mace can whoop Sidious' butt.

I would put Sidious, Yoda, and Mace all at no. 1.

21. DarthFear

DarthFear Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    Per Lucas,
    Obi Wan is the best with a saber.

22. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, just based on the spoilers that we're seeing Mace is better than Sidious with a lightsaber.

I've always thought that Mace was equal to Yoda and Sidious when it comes to power.

People keep trying to put Dooku and Obi-Wan above Mace, that's crazy [face_shame_on_you]

On a scale of one to ten Mace is AT LEAST a nine.
    But I really think he's ten to be honest with you.

23. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Mace is slightly underrated

24. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    Mace in Space

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I noticed something last night. It was observed in another discussion that it seems kind of odd for Mace to die from losing his hand and going out the wind. Does anyone think that Sidious will hit him with Force lightening and then Force push Mace out the window. I ask becuase the loss of a hand in a lightsabre duel, while painful, doesn't seem to be much of a hinderence. Even Luke wasn't really incapcitated that much after he lost his hand in ESB.I think Sidious must do something else to him first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.