main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Media articles, interviews and reviews for Revenge of the Sith. V.2.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey guys,

This is the first of 3SA's official threads for dealing with the arrival into cinema's of Revenge of the Sith. Very soon magazine and newspaper article's and cast and crew interviews will be arriving on shelves at your local newsagents. If you see or hear a ROTS related article, in whatever media, tell us about it here. Remember, ALL media discussion can go in here. TV media as well as print media.

Later, media reviews will be arriving in magazines and papers, once again, this is the thread for telling us about those reviews-Good or bad.

Please remember, where appropriate could you please provide a link, then we can make a list of reviews in this post.

Away we go.

REVIEWS:

Kevin Smiths Review

TIME

Australian Daily Telegraph

Canadian National Post

The Digital Bits

DVD Future

Hollywood Reporter

Variety

Cinemablend

Harry Knowels-AICN

Jeffery Wells review

Daily Telegraph (UK)

Trades

Walter Chaw

Newsweek

James Berardinelli

emanuellevy

Daily Mail

The Sun

Empire Magazine

The Times (UK)

BBC Online

Boxofficemojo

Timeout

juicycerebellum

Sky Movies

Alexandra Dupont

All Move Guide

Premiere

Splicedwire

Daily News

IF

Dark Horizons

IGN

Moriaty - AICN

Village Voice

Channel 4

The Scotsman

[link=http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/col

2. Runecrow

Runecrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2005
    Just had to post to be first in.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    OK, so now we've got two thumbs up from "YOU KNOW WHO" is the critics little insurection at an end? :D

4. Uric-Qel-Droma

Uric-Qel-Droma Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    awesome! (and first page!)

5. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Is there going to be a 're-run' of Ebert & Roeper's review?

I missed it...

6. mybad4990

mybad4990 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005
    I can say that there will be a rerun in my area at about 12:00. I can't speak for you though Darth. check your local listings.

7. Darth_Sidious10

Darth_Sidious10 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Some people love, some people hate it. Who gives a crap i'm still gonna see it.

8. denseyjedi

denseyjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    I told you guys to stop suffering for reviews that weren't even released yet. And as you see, it was a lie...Also, is quite strange how ROTS is falling in RT, since the last 12 reviews 10 have been good and only two bad, but of course the 2 bad were counted and most of the 10 good weren't...

9. BJPE1

BJPE1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    Bill O'Rielly and ROTS

I caught the 3a.m. repeat of the O'rielly Factor on FOX News. Does anyone here watch the show. If you don't guess where he put a ROTS bit in. The most rediculous item of the day. DOH!

He stated he was once a film critic and that he plans on having a review up next Wednesday night.

I think it would be interesting to see if enough form goers email him after he makes his review and see if the next day he mentions a few of them at the end of his program email segmaent?

10. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    The unofficial tomatometer counts 43 fresh and 9 rotten. But this hasn't been counted towards the actual tomotometer ? Why ?

By the way who have we got 2 thumbs up from ?

11. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Don't pay any attention to Bill O'Reilly. Let's just drop him right now because he'll hate it. He'll be the first to point out on national TV that Lucas has a politicial statement to make against You Know Who...so just discard him right now!

12. EwokPerv

EwokPerv Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2001
    The guy who created the thumbs up review. Ebert and his boy wonder Roper.

13. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    i'm just so pleased that we're getting so many good reviews this time around

14. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    first page... :D

it's good that ebert liked it...very good... [face_mischief]

15. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    Just waking up to the two thumbs up news! Excellent! :D

The unofficial tomatometer counts 43 fresh and 9 rotten. But this hasn't been counted towards the actual tomotometer ?

Forget the unofficial numbers. Most people will see the RT front page, which has the official numbers only. The "unofficial" critics do NOT get added to the official tomatometer, ever.

16. BJPE1

BJPE1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    I get a kick out of Bill personally besides he is entitled to his opinion

I say email him all in good fun and see if he comments on any of them?

if he hates or likes it who gives

we know whats good yes.

17. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    With the good critical word combined with the fact that this is the last STAR WARS ever, I think it's official that this is going to be STAR WARS' greatest year. Enjoy it while it lasts people -- it's 1977 all over again!

Thank the maker that this journey is going out on a high note!

18. TrooperCody

TrooperCody Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Ok, it is early and I still have sleep in my eyes. But for the life of me, don't see the Ebert and Roeper review posted. Which one is it?

19. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    don't see the Ebert and Roeper review posted. Which one is it?

They have a TV show and that is where we found out. Their written reviews likely do not show up until the day of release.

20. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Is it me or does the slimmer Ebert suddenly look really hot!

21. TrooperCody

Apr 12, 2005
    Ah, ok. We don't get the show here where I live until tonight. I will have to check it out.

I hate to say this, but those two usually are the one critic team I CONSIDER the opinion of when seeing movies. Though I let my own intuition and opinion determine the movies I see, I still can usually gauge whether I will like a movie from their combined opinion (most times, not always). I know these two carry a lot of power with their "thumbs up". So I am glad to see they gave ROTS a thumbs up. Will check out their program tonight to hear what they said about it.

22. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    i don't let them effect what i do but i DO look and see if their names are on the ads in the newspaper.
    Very interesting...its kind of ingrained in your psyche like star wars.

I have to say my interest in this movie has been Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy over the top. All in good fun mind you but ....nope this is the last one, i'm milking it for all i can.!

23. TrooperCody

Apr 12, 2005
    Can anyone that saw the review give a quick synopsis of their comments? Not a biggie, will watch it tonight, just interested in their comments.

Yeah, the same with me. I look for their "thumbs up" but in the end, I will go to a movie based on my own anticipation of it.

24. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    I hope those positive "Cream of the Crops" will have the balls to stick to their opinion. Still hopefully this indeed ends the "the believe the hype sheeps" :mad: [face_dancing]

25. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Just got home from work. I told you guys Ebert would love it. Well, I said he'd at least like it, but still. Happy day. Happy day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.