main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Media articles, interviews and reviews for Revenge of the Sith. V.2.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    Also thier are several reviews on RT that are not counted at all when you select All Reviews even though they have scores. Why is that?

They only use certain critics for the Tomatometer counter that displays on the main page. The line is fairly arbitrary.

2. DarthDco

DarthDco Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2005
    Yeah Darthette, the guardian is the "snooty psuedo-intellectual crowd". Its also a glorified jobs advert paper. Sums it up.

3. KeithFranklin

KeithFranklin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 1998
    ^^ Not talking about that. I am talking about "All reviews" there are reviews there that dont have a splat or tomatoe in front of them. If you read them the actual review you see the score. All reviews currently has 61 entries yet only 50 reviews counted. TomatoMeter reviews count is 41 reviews of the 61.

4. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Lots of positive reviews coming out all over the place. Does rottentomatoes update on weekends?

5. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    All reviews currently has 61 entries yet only 50 reviews counted.

Not sure why, but the All Reviews list shows more than what shows up in the unofficial indicator, even for movies that have been out for months like "Million Dollar Baby"

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/million_dollar_baby/?critic=1

Does rottentomatoes update on weekends?

Yes, but in general, the large percentage of reviews don't get posted until the day before or the day of the release.

6. clerk

clerk Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 2, 1998
    It's a positive review, and I generally agree with Ebert on movies. My only beef with his assesment is his choice of a line to single out as "pedestrian": "They're worried about you. They think you're under too much stress." I think the line is, "He's your best friend Anakin. He says you're under a lot of stress," said in response to Anakin's inquiries about Obi-Wan's pressence at their apartment. Honestly, what else is there for her to say? Sheesh.

7. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    That's exactly my point about the dialogue sometimes in these films. Everyone mentions that the dialogue could be improved and then they single out a line or two here and there but given the context of the scene, what's wrong with that bit of dialogue?

I remember reading that scene in the script and I could tell that the dialogue was good but I just knew that they would think it would pedestrain and sure enough, Ebert said it.

It's weird because that line that Padme says is just rather normal the way it sounds and reads. I don't understand the beef.

8. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    It is an elitist atitude Jumpan. God forbin , charcters talk like regular people into of shakespeare twist, its bad dialogue.

9. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    I don't understand "the beef" either.

The PT and OT have a kind of stale, bland dialogue style that contrasts well with the dynamic visuals/action sequences. Through this, we're able to focus on the bare situation rather than ponder the ingenuity of spoken words.

AC2

10. Darth-Walken

Darth-Walken Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I read The Guardian :D

The film reviews section has gone seriously downhill, since the days of Derek Malcolm. I used to actually respect his reviews, even if I didn't always agree with them. He was objective enough to apply the same methodology to all of his reviews. In other words, he was consistent.

Peter Bradshaw's reviews are so wildly inconsistent, that you can never really trust what he has to say.

11. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  12. Darth_Mongo2005

Darth_Mongo2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    Probably the best thing for people to do opening night is to bring a glass of Kool-Aid with them. Almost every major city will have media on hand, and for them to film star wars fans drinking Kool-Aid would be priceless, and a Collective **** You from us SW fan boy nerds.

13. FanMan_1977

FanMan_1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    everyone's wondering about ebert and roeper and g let us know about the thumbs on page 1....get to see it for myself here in TX at about 4pm.

14. Pixel-Pusher

Pixel-Pusher Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Im getting shirts made with this:

[image=http://seanpaul27.tripod.com/logo2/logo.gif]

15. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    So Ebert and Roeper both admit the dialogue in this series is a weakness. Ebert doesn't think it's much of a problem in this film since the dialogue passages are short.

After reading that, Ebert will likely give the film 3.5 stars.

16. Darth Hakuna

Darth Hakuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.infonet.com.br/bob/koolaidwars.jpg]

17. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Oh, and I'm happy to see Natalie Portman getting some props for once. Roeper calling her performance "authentic" put a smile on my face.

18. Darth_Mongo2005

Darth_Mongo2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    The Kool-Aid thing will take on a life of it's own and get outta control. When will the First Darth Kool-Aid name appear in here, and does Roeper do anything besides the thumbs up with Ebert, as in, does he have his own reviews?

19. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Natale, has a few critics this time, but for the most part she has been getter better reviews, which brings a warm feelin to my heart

This film is shaping up to to be all I could ask for.

20. Greymarch10

Greymarch10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    You might think Bill O'Reilly would give ROTS a bad review, because he could interpret Anakin's "you are with me or against me line" as being current political commentary. However, I think O'Reilly will give ROTS a good review for a very simple, and powerful reason...O'Reilly works for Fox News, which of course is owned by the Fox Corporation, which has been in charge of distribution of every single Star Wars movie. I am sure Mr.Murdoch would love to have the new SW TV series on his network, and a bad review by O'Reilly could damage that. O'Reilly is a company man.

That review from Jon Podhertz is a week old. He originally critiqued ROTS at the blog page of the National Review. Jon Podhertz is a serious pain in the butt, and doesnt like anything. Many of the writers at the National Review are HUGE STAR WARS FANS, and they talk about Star Wars all the time on NR blog. Here is a link to the Corner (the NR blog):

http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/corner.asp

21. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    The Kool-Aid thing will take on a life of it's own and get outta control.

I like it. I hate the original quote with a passion. By mocking that quote it takes all power from it. It takes it away from Travers and makes it ours. It's like we're saying: "We like Kool Aid"!

22. 16years

16years Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    what time can i see the ebert and roper review eastern time?

23. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    It varies among local stations.

Head over to tvguide.com and fill out the necessary information to view your local listings.

AC2

24. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    -hands Miss Portman a glass of Kool-aid-

Welcome to the Kool-aid club :) :p You truely belong with us among the ... kool-aids. :p

damn that was cheezy. [face_laugh] :p

25. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Kool-Aid has been added to my sig. Take that Travers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.