main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep III Discussion Thread--Part 6

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by naw ibo, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzzz

Buzzz Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Ewan McGregor is perfect in the role. Cannot wait to get my hands on the DVD.[face_dancing]

2. Ruthio

Ruthio Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005

all jedi are like that.

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Obi-Wan's Databank entry at the O.S. has been updated:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/obiwankenobi/index.html

No more of this "Obi-Wan incorrectly believed that he could train Anakin as skillfully as the revered Yoda. He would later admit that he was wrong. His arrogance had grave consequences for the galaxy" crap. [face_dancing]

4. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    <<Anakin leapt towards Kenobi, and Obi-Wan sheered off his legs and one of his arms in a single swipe. Anakin's maimed body rolled down the embankment, towards the river's edge. Obi-Wan was crushed. The supposed Chosen One was no more, but only after wreaking so much destruction on the galaxy. The Jedi were gone. The Chancellor now ruled the galaxy, and the young hero he had come to regard as his beloved brother lay dying on the charred gravel of a hellish world. The heat from the river washed over Anakin, and he burst into flames. His last words professed his utter hatred for Kenobi.>>

Great description of that scene, and it acknowledges how difficult it was for Obi-Wan to do what he had to do... :( :_|

5. flenchgrain

flenchgrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I have been away for a while and have colmed through the threads to get a feel for whats being discussed. I have to say that it seems not much has changed when it comes to dissrespecting Kenobi.

6. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Yeah, I too haven't been around much lately. I think I've reached a point where I really don't have much left to say regarding RoTS. It's kind of mixed for me because this community is something that I've been apart of for over six years now and I think I've reached my end so to speak.

7. flenchgrain

Jun 17, 2003
    I hear you there, it seems that no matter what the film shows there are going to be people that will always dream up wild fantacies of what if's. So desperate to see their favorite character be Ben, but alas, they are just a watered down cheap immitation.

8. LuvObi

LuvObi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2005
    I don't understand how anyone who've seen the whole saga can disrespect Obi-Wan Kenobi. He is such a kind, caring, selfless, righteous, and noble person. Sure, he had his flaws but overall, he's the kind of person I strive to be like.

9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I haven't been around for a while but I have to say I'm so glad they changed that databank entry. :)

HaHa! to the naysayers.

It's strange after this was so much a part of my life for 6 years, now it's over with. I've been feeling nostalgic and was almost tempted to pick up a Jude Watson book just so I can have a good old fashioned RANT! :) I understand she's still mentioning Qui-Gon every opportunity she gets so it probably wouldn't take too long to find something to get worked up about. LOL!

10. flenchgrain

Jun 17, 2003
    I noticed that dumb "ranking thread" is back. I noticed Kenobi falls between number five and six and sometimes even worse. Seems to me some people choose to completly ignore the OT in there ranking opinions.
    Kenobi- the ONLY jedi to become one with the force at will.
    Kenobi- the ONLY jedi to appear bodily and coach someone through the force.
    Kenobi- the plan he puts into motion outsmarts Sidious.
    Kenobi- survives the purge and is strong enough, like Yoda, to hide himself from Sidious.
    Kenobi- as a padawan defeats a sith that killed a "master".
    Kenobi- easily defeated the "jedi hunter" Greivous. Most any other jedi would have been owned.
    Kenobi- Defeated Vader, what else can you say. No excuses, in a fight that lasted that long, if the "chosen one" was that much better he should have won.
    I am flabbergasted that people around the boards rank him so poorly.

11. HawkHeadKentil

HawkHeadKentil Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Taking a break from Republican Operative;) Just to see how my fellow Ben fans are doing. I used to love the debates, but it is kind of final now isent it. Maybe we will spark it up once agin with the commentary..........DVD:cool: Back to Republican.........see you soon.......Hawk[face_flag]

12. flenchgrain

Jun 17, 2003
    Some things never change Hawk. People are still suffering from Obi-Wan envy. Despite the evidence I posted above some are in denial.

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I couldn't even finish reading the 'What Obi-Wan did' thread. I guess I don't know how people can defend a child killer so stridently. Not to say Obi-Wan is perfect, but he can't be blamed for not wanting to kill Anakin. I'm so [face_sick] of it.

14. flenchgrain

Jun 17, 2003
    I am growing weary of these endless debates, they seem to go nowhere. Perhaps I'll come back after the DVD is relessed and we have more commentary.

15. LuvObi

Feb 9, 2005
    I read through that thread and it wasn't as bad as I thought. There were a lot of people sticking up for Obi-Wan. I mean why are these Anakin-luvers still going on about this? Talk about whining and whining. I guess they're just so mad that Obi-Wan beat Anakin that they're grasping at straws by now calling Obi-Wan cruel. Pathetic.

16. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Yeah that thread is a pretty sad state of affairs. They just can't stand that fact that their boy lost.

17. flenchgrain

Jun 17, 2003
    EDIT: Flaming.

18. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Yeah, Flenchgrain, I just don't get where all this Aniken lovin is comin' from. I got real upset reading all this Obi bashing. Geez.

19. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    It's such a shame this thread is dying. I have been lurking for years enjoying naw ibo's rants. Ha.

20. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Where is everybody? Nothing more to say about our man Obi? For shame. If felt so bad for him at the end of ROTS - everything ripped away from him and still solid as a rock.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think that most of the female Obi-Wan fans have probably migrated to Ewan-centric message boards. I'm sure that Naw Ibo is ranting about something, somewhere on the net, but I imagine that she is burnt out on the whole Obi-Wan topic, as are most of the rest of us.

This is the Official Obi-wan Kenobi fan club. It exists in Star Wars Comunity, and is still active.

When the DVD come out we'll probably all have something more to say, even if it's simply to complain about GL's comentary.

22. Bananakin

Bananakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2003
    Regarding everyone here overlooking Obi-Wan - maybe that's the point. Everyone in the saga underestimated Obi-Wan - Maul, Sidious, Grevious, Vader. He's not flashy or prone to dazzling displays of force power; he just quietly and consistently gets the job done. So its not surprising that people on the boards overlook him as well.

23. LuvObi

Feb 9, 2005
    No, we're not overlooking Obi-Wan. We're just waiting for the DVD to come out. The amount of posts in this thread is actually quite impressive.

Obi-Wan forever!!!

24. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Thanks for the direction soitscometothis. Naw ibo should find a lot of Obi loving fans over there.

25. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Yikes I'm infamous! :D Yeah I'm just kind of burnt out I guess. Still an Obi-Wan fan, still a Ewan fan. I rant elsewhere about other things now(I seem to have a knack for picking the characters most likely to be picked on, called names, unappreciated, etc -- I don't understand, they always seem to cool and interesting to me :) ) but I occassionally still throw an Obi-rant in there now and again. It's hard not to, because ultimately...All Roads Lead to Obi-Wan. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.