main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    More Art....More Artists

New update

Edit: I want one of these!

Each of McQuarrie's prints will be limited to 125 each at Celebration IV.

What do you think of my chances? :_|

2. DarthSnuggle

DarthSnuggle LFL Artist VIP

Apr 6, 2007
    I'm in love with that Seely print!

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh I am DEFINITELY down with getting some of McQuarrie's prints. I pre-ordered his new art book from Dreams & Visions Press too.

4. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    More celebrity announcements please, Officialpix! Come on! Some more significant roles too please.....

When does the program publish as to what is going on when on what days?

5. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I can tell you I'm beyond excited to be a part of this. Today I spent time tweaking my print and it also now has a title:

"One More Season"
    [image=http://www.tomhodges.com/art_posting/HodgesFINAL_small.jpg]

I also posted some info about what I'm offering in addition to the print in the Fan Art section here at the forums. If you don't feel like searching for it, LOL, just PM me.

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    We'll have it about a month in advance.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Link to the Vendors Hall and participants:

Exhibitors

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
  9. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Did anyone else notice they also said there will be only one more regular guest announcement and the posibility of 2 more guest of honor announcements before the event. Here are the potential candidates as I see it for the guest of honor. I asterixed the actors who have the greatest shot at making an appearance based on past convention attendance.

Potential Guests of Honor:

Liam Neeson
    Ewan McGregor
    Natalie Portman
    Ian McDiarmid
    Frank Oz
    *Samuel L. Jackson
    *Hayden Christensen
    *Christopher Lee
    Harrison Ford
    Mark Hamill (website says he's not attending)
    James Earl Jones
    *Billy Dee Williams
    *George Lucas
    *Rick McCallum
    John Williams

Keep in mind that I'm only including the big household names here and the last 3 are assuming OP will have crew in the autograph hall signing.

If I had to guess, I'd go with Billy Dee and Hayden being the guests, or if not Hayden Chris Lee or Sam Jackson. But I definitely think Billy Dee is one of the two. Lets just hope they don't fall through.

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    That's been just about everybody's list of hopeful GOH appearances so far. But I don't think Lucas or McCallum should be on that list. I would rather see them in a panel session discussing the future plans of SW and where fans can ask them Q&A's.

My guesses for the last two GOH are Billy Dee Williams and Sam Jackson.

11. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    The GOHs I'm hoping for are (at least one of these):

Natalie Portman
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Christopher Lee

12. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't know folks, if they made Jake Lloyd a guest of honor, I wouldn't expect too much more. I would love to see someone big. I just don't think they understand the difference between a celebrity and a Star Wars celebrity. We are all different though. I would like to see Liam or Ewan, or Portman. They are real celebrities. The people coming so far are Star Wars celebrities. Some I'd like to meet, but 98% of them just don't interest me. Although I am looking forward to getting my picture with Zuckass. [face_dancing]

13. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Here is another CIV exclusive from GentleGiant.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20070411.html#rss_14189

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I have to admit that I'm not that interested in any of the celebrity guests. I'm sure they are nice and they can sell more tickets to the event, but I'm just as happy with the fans and artists and technical people, and I'm really just going to wear costumes and meet people I know online and be in a big bunch of SW fans. It's a party. :)

I actually don't want to see George Lucas at CIV. I want every molecule of his energy going to the next Indiana Jones movie instead. 'Tis a fine line between Last Crusade and Temple of Doom and I want Indy IV be on the right side of it.

I am scratching my head about the Exhibitors being in Hall H-J. Other announcements have placed both the art show and the autographs in Hall H-J, too. It's hard to imagine all three of them fitting in there, especially since autographs will have lines. But there are other halls in the convention center.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- More CIV Artists announced - 4/12/07

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070412.html

The Dave Dorman and, of course, Tsuneo Sanda prints are stunning!

16. CORAL_THE_JEDI

CORAL_THE_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    Can someone explain the Master Replicas event they are having?

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    You have to be a member of the Master Replicas Society to get an invitation/attend. Are you a member?

18. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Are the Hasbro Luke figures only going to be given out as one per person or 4 per person like the r2d2? Also, sre these a C4 exclusive or will you be able to buy them in the store?

Thanks!!

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Amidala, based on what Val posted in the GenCon info thread, you will be able to purchase 4 of the Luke figures if you have a 4-day badge, and one figure if you have a 1-day badge (just like the R2/C-3PO figure limit).

And it appears the the Luke figure will only be sold at Hasbro's booth in the Exhibit Hall.

20. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Thank you so much Justin!!!!

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I hope someone will be selling "Domes" to fit the 30th figures for a safe trip home!

22. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    The "domes" you are referring to are called Starcases. They offered them at C3 for the Exclusive Darth Vader Figure, so I imagine they will be offering some type of protective case. The Starcases were $5.00 a piece, so make sure you save enough money for them, they are worth the price....very good!!!

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    You will not have to worry about purchasing Star Cases for the figures, as they will already come packaged in a plastic clamshell case from Hasbro (judging by the pics posted on Starwars.com). They will be packaged similar to the Target 2005 ROTS exclusive Lava Vader and Clone Trooper figures, as well as the latest SDCC 501st Trooper figure. This is actually a very smart move on Hasbro's part for a few reasons:

1. Clamshells are more protective than Star Cases, and you cannot easily remove the figure from a clamshell as you can from a Star Case.
    2. The lines should move along quicker, as you don't have to worry about fans nitpicking over the backer card & bubble for the figures. That was one of the main issues at the C3 store, as fans wanted to make sure their Vader figures were in great condition before leaving the counter. Doing so will help line control at the Hasbro exhibit booth immensely.
    3. The figures will be the best condition possible for fans who wish to sumbit them to AFA for grading & casing.

24. CORAL_THE_JEDI

CORAL_THE_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    No i am not a member, but I just wanted to now. Thanks for the info!

25. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    OfficalPix photos revealed here.

Official Pix final round of guests announced here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.