main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    The Newest Exhibitor Space Map on the GenCon site shows the Art Show in the upper right hand corner of the exhibitor space (and the entrance to the autograph area at the upper left hand corner).

So, in order to get to the Art Show, you have to walk through part of the Exhibitor area. I was wondering if this would be the best arrangement? I remember how crowded the exhibitor space was at CIII and it would have been an big expedition if I had to claw my way through that every time I wanted to go to the Art Show (the artists were in their own room at CIII).

I'm hoping the artists get the lower right hand corner in the end, closer to the big entrance doors, so you don't have to go through the exhibitor space to get to them.

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE (sort of) -- "Family Guy" Creator Seth MacFarlane at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070425.html

(Not much of a substantial update, but for fans of the series it is worth reading).

3. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    NOT MUCH OF A SUBSTANTIAL UPDATE?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?! THIS HAS MADE MY DAY! :-D

"FREAKIN' SWEET!!"

4. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    From the article:
    "This fall, MacFarlane and Fox will air a special one hour "Family Guy" episode that's a tribute to the Star Wars Saga as unique as only MacFarlane and his talented team of writers can make it."

*hyperventilates*

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    "It's freakin' sweet".

No way in hell will I miss that or the episode this fall. Family Guy rules!!

6. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Fantastic!!! I LOVE Family Guy, especially when it references Star Wars!

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - Well, not a "substantial" update when compared to announcements for the remaining OPX GOH, the FC Breakfast, more Artists, etc.

But I can see your point. ;)

8. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    OK Justin, I need to correct you on this., This is HUGE! People love the family guy. In my opinion he is a GOH. The creator of the Family Guy. That show is so freaking funny I can't stnad it. I own every season on DVD, I watch it almost every night and I can probably recite every episode. THIS IS AWESOME! I can't wait to meet Seth.

He He, Allllllright!

9. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Yesss! I love "Family Guy".

Giggity.

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Here's the SW.com link about pre-ordering the USPS stamps. They will be sent out after the ceremony at C-IV:

Star Wars Stamps

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    This is part of the latest Lucasfilm update. When I get an "official" link I'll include it:

"LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 26, 2007) ? Star Wars fans will meet Fanboys on Friday, May 25, when the world?s biggest Star Wars party hosts an exclusive look at select scenes from the upcoming comedy, followed on Saturday by a special panel discussion with the filmmakers.

In Fanboys, director Kyle Newman has fashioned an uproarious comedy that follows a group of young friends on a cross-country quest to break into Skywalker Ranch and see Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace before it is released. Fanboys stars Sam Huntington (Superman Returns), Chris Marquette (Joan of Arcadia), Dan Fogler (the upcoming Kung Fu Panda), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Jay Baruchel and Seth Rogen (both of the upcoming Knocked Up). Fanboys is a Weinstein Company presentation being released in theaters by MGM.

In a special presentation ? held on the 30th anniversary of Star Wars ? fans at CELEBRATION IV will see scenes from the film that Newman will introduce on-stage.

As a special bonus, a unique ?prequel? comic book to Fanboys, which follows the characters? obsessive love of Star Wars, will be offered to fans as a limited edition at CELEBRATION IV.

?There couldn?t be a more perfect pairing of movie and audience,? said Newman, who will be joined by Fanboys producers Dana Brunetti, Matthew Perniciaro and Kevin Mann at CELEBRATION IV. ?Fanboys has truly been a labor of love for everyone involved, so to know that some of the world?s biggest Star Wars fans will be among the first to see highlights from the movie is very exciting.?

In addition, members of the Fanboys cast are expected to attend CELEBRATION IV, pending production schedules for the popular young actors."

I saw a preview of this at Comic-Con last year -- it does look really funny.

12. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    Just got an email from Gen-Con and they have coupons for two dollars off (13.00) for Super Shuttle and I guess a dollar off (14.00)for Xpress Shuttle.

Also if you book now at one of the following hotels, you get a chance to win 50% off hotel stay.

Millennium Biltmore Hotel
    Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown
    Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites
    Wilshire Grand

Just as a FYI, I called Super Shuttle and if you pre-paid you can't cancel or apply the coupon.

13. e-j

Nov 7, 2006
    A Conversation with Carrie Fisher

Fans at Celebration IV can join actress Carrie Fisher for an intimate evening on Saturday, May 26th. Tickets to A Conversation With Carrie Fisher are available exclusively to registered pass holders for Celebration IV. Admission to Fisher's appearance is $15 and seating is limited. Go to Gen Con's Celebration IV registration site to purchase tickets, and to register for the show.

View more info here. Book tickets through Gen Con.

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    e-j, there's a separate thread for that.

15. e-j

Nov 7, 2006
    I know, I realised that after I posted. This is the first thread I check each morning. :)

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm excited about the FanBoys preview. My wife and I cannot wait to see this film. I'm sure loads of fans here on this forum can relate to that movie. :)

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- OPX Complete CIV Photo Sets for $279.00

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/CIV/A246177F-AC86-413B-8C5D-8D1ABA383859.html

18. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I'm sure someone's posted it before, but I wish Official Pix Print stamp was on the back of the photo or made smaller. It's nice that they have a official celebration stamp and all, but it really looks like it sticks out like asore thumb in those beautiful photographs. :(

The 30th Anniversary ones are very nice, but as others have said is completely different than the look of their photos already collected over time and out of consistency that would drive them not to buy that version.

I'm pretty torn between the 30th photos and the standard ones with a huge celebration stamp in the corner...

The regular photos are beautiful, just that bright stamp... Maybe should have made it more transparent to keep it less noticeable.

Okay that's it... Happy Friday! HAH!!!

19. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Well the artists had to deal with that logo on our prints as well.. I am sure they made it as small as they could and still get apporval. It is not an easy one to work with.

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Laser Tag at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070427.html

UPDATE -- Family Room at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070427b.html

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    well i knew about the laser tag before this thanks to the media folks at schwatzman...but here is the official announcement....

22. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    It was announced on the TFN podcast that Drew Struzan is attending the con and will sign posters.

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes I heard that about Drew Struzan on the podcast aswell but I believe he will be appearing only on the thursday in the store signing items for free and talking to the fans which is nice of him.
    I also heard in that podcast that all fanclub members are entitled to 5 c3po/r2 action figures which is only open to fanclub members on a thursday.
    I found it interesting steve mentioning of something major happening saturday night with a announcement coming soon.

24. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I thought he was talking about the Carrie Fisher announcement. I'll have to listen again but I got the impression the interview was taped earlier, not live. He referred to it as an intimate entertainment which is how starwars.com described Carrie's show.

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just an FYI -- something else going on at C-IV (this from the Insider newsletter):

"For those of you lucky enough to have a ticket for Celebration IV in LA next month we have a limited edition cover for Star Wars Insider 94, exclusively available at the Celebration starwarsshop.com store and the Insider booth. Come and visit us for your chance to appear as a Star Wars Insider cover star, and look out for the Insider editors who will be appearing on a special panel along with members from the Hyperspace team."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.