*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I told you guys they were coming... to me, you should listen. :) :) :)

This is just the best news!
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I would think if he was a GOH then it would have been announced that he was a GOH first and then this panel would have been announced after the fact.. and you have to remember some actors don't do the whole sign for coupons autograph thing.. they will only sign for free.. or they won't sign at all.. or whatever their particular thing is...

but as for BDW I am merely guessing.. but surely they would have announced if he was the GOH before the panel news came out..wouldn't they??[face_thinking]
  3. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    To Steve Sansweet's Forcecast last week they should have listened, he confirmed they were going to be there during his interview.

BDW I think is a GOH, but Ben is more then likely waiting for either tonight or the other person to announce it. I can't see BDW turning down the opprtunity to sign and make some cash, what else does he have except a guest apperence on "Lost".
  4. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    I heard that but noticed nobody mentioning it. I wondered if it was taboo to post information released on the Forcecast prior to the official release. I am really glad they're coming. It's a don't miss attraction.
  5. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    See, that's the deal -- I listened to the Podcast :). Plus members of the group have blogs... 'nuff said.
  6. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    UPDATE -- FC Breakfasts Announced (Two of them)

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/fanclub/news20070504.html

EDIT (added another update): UPDATE -- CIV Tattoo Exhibit and Competition

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070504.html
  7. Fistofury Jedi Knight

star 1
    The article didn't address a very important item, how are fans from other hotels supposed to get to the Omni? There will probably be a shuttle in the morning going to the convention, but will there be one to pick people up from the other hotels in the block and take them to the breakfast? What about Holiday Inn, which isn't in the hotel shuttle loop?

If there isn't a shuttle, it's going to be a long walk.
  8. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    If you're as far down as the Fig or the Holiday Inn, you can take the Metro train to the Pershing Square Station stop, and then walk a couple of blocks over. The other downtown block hotels are very close to each other. Just be prepared for the last couple of blocks -- the Omni sits on top of Bunker Hill, and that last block is a killer :).

9. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Does anyone know if kids are free? My kids never eat a thing...lol. I prolly will not be able to attend because of funds, but if we can pull it together maybe we can, but I need to know if kids cost anything.

Someone please let me know!!!
  10. Mr_Burns Force Ghost

star 4
    Somebody ask Jay if he'd like some "Honey Puffs" at breakfast.

Really, he loves them. And he'll love you for it.
  11. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    I would think each seat must be paid for with a ticket. At C3 I shared a table with a family and they paid full price for their son. To get an accurate answer you should email anne@officialpix.com.
  12. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Carolyn is correct. Since the tickets are for a "seat," there is no separate price for children.

13. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I wonder how many non-Fan Club members will order tickets for the breakfest and then complain about having their order cancelled? :p
  14. D-Ludicrous Force Ghost

star 1
    $70 dollars all in advance? We could buy our own ship for that... OK, maybe a scaled replica but still.. :) :)
  15. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Good Grief, this is ridiculous. I mean for heavens sake pay $280 for my family to eat eggs and have an extra action figure, this is absurb. I am sorry to complain, but so far I cant seem to do anything with my kids because they are taking me over the barrel. I always felt Cons were family oriented activities, but hell if I agree now. First the party now the breakfast, I am about to cancel the whole dang trip!!!

16. bonzofett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does snyone know what they gave out at the Breakfast for C3? I ddin't get a chance to goo and I am debating as to whether or not I should try to get tickets. $70 does seem a bit high for pancakes, an action figure, and an autographed picture from Jay. I'm just wondering if it is worth all that extra money.
  17. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm sure there will be lots of things you can do as a family without additional charge. Unfortunately things like the party and breakfast are not included in the convention ticket price. They never have been. Event organizers have to charge a per person charge for breakfast since they need to set up for a certain number of participants based on sales. Food, goody bags, action figures, and autograph photos are all based on the number of tickets purchased. There will be lots of people with or without children who will be unable to attend due to the nature of the event. 400 tickets aren't going very far. The RL social event and breakfast are a very small part of C4.
  18. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    I think you would be the only person who can decide if it's worth the extra money. I went to the breakfast at C3 and enjoyed it. I paid $50 and didn't consider it payment for breakfast alone. We received an autograph, goody bag, and action figure. It was also nice to share time with like minded fans. Hard to put a price on it all. The goody bags varied from person to person. Mine had some nice things inside.

This time the cost is $70. I noticed the goody bags are "stuffed with items from breakfast sponsors and the Lucasfilm licensing archives" which is different from C3. At C3 they only contained items from Lucasfilm. They are also giving out "a breakfast exclusive Official Pix Celebration IV logo photo ready for Jay's signature". That's also different from C3. It seems like there will be a tad more offered at this breakfast with the net proceeds going to charity. I like that part. I'm planning on trying for a ticket but with only 400 being offered I'm not going to be devastated if I'm not able to purchase one.
  19. JBRO13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a question regarding the six-movie marathon.

I'm a Fan Club member and I bought a 4-day pass, including a spot at the six-movie marathon.

I received my badge and whatnot today and aside from the receipt saying that I reserved a spot for the marathon, how will I know where to go and if there's a specific thing I need to bring (I assume the badge and lanyard would be imperative) to be admitted to the marathon?

I didn't know if I just missed something on this board or on the OS but, I was just curious because I would hate to miss that marathon.
  20. CarolynNC Force Ghost

star 3
    I haven't received my packet yet but some folks on another board are reporting they received their movie ticket in their packet. If you didn't then you might want to send them an email.
  21. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just another reason why everyone is so happy that CIV is in LA where everything is close and within a couple of blocks from the convention center...oh wait that was Indy. Someone on another forum e-mailed Official Pix about getting in to the convention after the breakfast and was told that it will not be early enterence like at CIII, you must get in the back of the line. I think I will try for a Sunday breakfast. If I have to get in the back of the line on Friday, it will take a couple of hour to even get in the frakkin' door.
  22. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife and I will be snagging tix to the Friday morning breakfast the second they become available on Monday!

Can't wait! :)
  23. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    Just to add to what Carolyn has said, neither of these two are really "part" of the convention itself.

The RL mixer is something that is being done by a group at the same time that to be rather frank about, those of us who aren't RL members should feel lucky to have been invited to. "We" (as in some of us from FF/the JC) did look at something back mid-last year and couldn't get something together because of the cost and small room sizes. RL have been nice enough to open it up to include us, but don't think that this is something that is a 'right' for people.

As to the Fan Club Breakfast, again this is something that is done as an 'extra'. It is being done for charity and on top those of us that do manage to get tickets will receive a decent number of goodies for the price. They have to charge per seat because of what it is that is offered (if they charged less or nothing for kids, people would then still expect that their kids should get the same goodies as everyone else, and while most people won't, I can imagine some people bringing kids to it to get these things to sell on eBay just like those who bought up all the extra figures at C3 did). I want to go and can afford because I've planned for these kinds of costs. But like Carolyn I'm not going to get upset if I don't get tickets because despite wanting to see everything, I know there will be clashes or other reasons that I can't see/do some stuff and will have to make the best choices based on what is available.
  24. JediVixen Jedi Master

star 2
    Hello

I would love to go to the Friday morning breakfast -- my birthday is May 25th.
    What a perfect way for a SW fan to start that day!
    However, is somebody going to purchase an extra ticket?
    I do not have the funds in Paypal right now to pay for it tomorrow when it goes on
    sale.

Would love to buy an extra ticket from you if you order it for me!!

Thanks much!

-JediVixen-
    member of Liningup.net and LA Fan force.
  25. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JV, I have you covered.

I agree it is a steep price especially when you have to buy for a family, but some of the proceeds do go to a charity, you do get the extra figure, you get a goodie bag, you get to see Jay and get an autograph and if you were at CIII you know Jay is super funny, and you get a breakfast.

So you can go and enjoy yourself or you can not go and also enjoy yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.