main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grog_Starkiller

Grog_Starkiller Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2006
    It Would be nice to have a schedule of events going on at the con before locking yourself into to a time slot for the store..

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Not really. Visiting the store before anything else was my top priority at C3 and will be at CIV. Remember, most (but not all) of the scheduled events at CIV will probably be held at multiple times/days throughout the 5 days of the event (just like they were at C3). So if you missed something while you were shopping in the store during your Quick Path allotted time, chances are you would be able to see that same event later on that day on on another day.

Plus, I'd rather know exactly what time I need to be standing on line for the CIV store to get in, as opposed to waiting for 7-8 hours on line like I did at C3 hoping to get into the store.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I just found out why I couldn't get into the registration area to make my reservation. I was using my Firefox browser -- when the lightbulb went off and I switched to IE, no problems. Sheesh. Anyway, that's all done.

4. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Quick path time reserved for Thursday! :)

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I like how things have been organized so far, even if it seemed like it was getting a bit late to be making announcements. We have time reserved for Thursday as well, a little later than the 12-3 slot but as long as you can get in and out of the store on the Thursday its all good ;)

6. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I got the exact same slot. I figure might as well get in while everything is still in stock and don't know how much they'll have going on early on the first day.

7. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I reserved Thursday 7-9pm, so I'm not carrying stuff around all day. Can you reserve multiple times?

8. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    No you can only reserve 1 time slot per person. I reserved my time for Thursday 3-5.

9. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Darn, was worth a shot. ;)

10. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    How many people do you think they can move through the store in an hour? There are 50 time slots. The first slot is 3 hours but it looks like all the rest are 2 hours. Someone on one of the many boards I check for updates posted it appeared to be 300 slots available for the first 3 hours. I wonder if there are only 200 available for the 2 hour slots? If that?s the case then there are slots for 10100 shoppers (if my calculations are correct). Of course some of those slots in the middle of the night might not be as appealing.

For those who didn?t read the new release here?s some interesting info from the starwars.com news item:

Quick Path shopping times are limited, and available on a first-come, first served basis. Only those who have purchased passes for Celebration IV are eligible to sign up for Quick Path shopping times. Quick Path shopping times will be available first to those who have purchased a 4-day badge, and then to anyone who has purchased a Celebration IV badge if time slots are available. One Quick Path shopping time reservation is available per badge. Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club who are attending the show on Thursday, May 24 will need to have a Quick Path pass, a 4-day admittance badge, and a Celebration IV Official Star Wars Fan Club lanyard to enter the Quick Path line.

Quick Path passes will be mailed to those living in the U.S. who register online before March 30, 2007, and who choose to have their badges and passes mailed to them. The passes will be available for pickup for those who order by April 30, 2007, and choose to pick them up at Will Call. Quick Path passes will not be available on site at the Convention Center.

It looks like anyone who doesn't reserve ahead will be in a standby line since they won't be allowing signups once you arrive. I suspect the registration will help them know when they need to make sure they have adequate staff (or at least I hope that's what it does).

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    All the more reason why I'm glad I nabbed the Thursday 12:00 - 3:00pm time slot. The quicker and less time I need to stand on a line at CIV, the better.

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    As it says right in the message, the time slots are for the Quick Path (much like the fast path at Disney). Regular lines will be operating as well, but with a neatly managed 'quick' line I wouldn't expect to be waiting any longer than the time period you ask for, unless you show up at 2:55 in the 12-3 timeslot.

13. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    So are we going to have an "offical" thread showing what times people are signed up for the Quick Path? :) :)

14. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    I signed up for the Friday morning 7-9AM slot. I really don't intend on buying anything beyond an exclusive action figure, and since I'm at the Fig, I can easily run back and drop stuff off if need be. The early morning slot ensures that I don't waste any precious Con time wandering around the store :)

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Uh, no.

16. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *expectantly pokes head into thread, takes look around* 'Allo everyone....I suppose I'm something of a newbie to the whole Celebration thing (or would it be more apt to use the term 'Celebration virgin'? ;) Well, at any rate....) - and of course as you might expect I'm just beyond wildly excited and ecstatically overeager for it, to take part in the sheer crazy extravaganza that is a SW Celebration....I don't doubt that it'll be fair everything I've imagined and *so* much more besides - SW nirvana, in essence, I think that's as good a way as any to describe it, right? :D *fangirlish squee* Ahem. :) But, ye-es, at any rate, I suppose because it is all rather new to me to a certain extent, I figured I might as well ask the following, get some advice or feedback from others, if that's alright, and of course 'twould be very much appreciated in any case....

So, these CIV store Quick Passes, then - I was just nosing on through the list of currently available times, and admittedly, yes, obviously the first three blocks are already completely spoken for (my goodness, folks cerainly are quick on the proverbial draw, aren't they? *chuckles*) - but what I guess I'm a little uncertain about, myself, and thus what I thought I might as well seek some further input on is....well, is there any time that's maybe more preferred than another, or should I just go for it, for the first available one....? (remember, I'm an eager CIV first-timer here.... *grins*) I only ask because - I know that as of yet, and as was already mentioned above, there has still been no confirmationas to the exact, time-specific schedule of events - the precise when of it, you could say. :) So - what might be the advice you'd have for me, then, considering....perhaps that's what I was curious about, and just thought, ahhh, what the heck, why not ask, right? Couldn't hurt, anyway. ;) Should I just - basically snatch up a Quick Pass time, like for the Thursday evening, let's say, and not fret over anything else, like the schedule of events otherwise? (I suppose it'd be an understandable enough concern, not wanting to miss out on, you know, anything....) Tah muchly in advance, and....hey, I guess I'll see everyone there, just over seventy days from now, right? :D Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Dawn.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Dawn, it's really a Catch-22 scnario: Since the CIV store will be open 24 hours, one would think that the late times (such as around midnight or very early morning) would be the "better" times to go, given that the crowds should be less (especially for familes with young children - can't see them being at the store at 2am).

But on the other hand, if you wait that long, the store might be out of stock on a particular item that you would have liked to purchase. At C3, the green zippered Yoda sweatshirts went like hotcakes, and certain sizes were sold out after the first day.

My advice to you: reserve the earliest Quick Path time slot that is still available.

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think there will be anything big on scheduled on the Thursday anyway. The opening ceremonies aren't until Friday, and any shows on Thursday should have multiple viewing times the following days...grabbing the earliest available timeslot on Thursday would be the way to go.

19. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Hi Dawn and welcome. It's great to see someone with some enthusiasm and excitement about the upcoming Celebration. I agree with Justin & Moff-D about reserving the earliest time slot you can manage. I don't think there are going to be celebrity panels on Thursday so I think that would be a good day. Please note, this is merely my speculation and not based on any firm information. I always feel I need to print a disclaimer when I post on this board. In the announcement about Jay's hosting duties it states From Friday May 25 through Monday May 28, Laga'aia will welcome stars from the casts and crews of the entire 30 years of the Star Wars film saga. In the Homing Beacon there was a whole list of benefits to attending 'members only' day but no mention of panels. I think it will be a good day to get shopping done at the store, Art Show, and Exhibit hall.

Edit to agree with Moff-D also. It always takes me so long to post. I keep getting interrupted.
    :)

20. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Aaahhhhhh, that's right, I forgot the store would be open twenty-four hours....apparently when I was quickly browsing through the Quick Path times, I wasn't looking closely enough.... *smacks self in the head* ....ow. :) I can absolutely see what you're saying, though, and actually I suppose my own inclination already was to reserve the earliest time I could....just figured that it couldn't hurt to get another perspective on it, a bit o' further advice - like just to be sure, you know.... (and hey, it's all new and wonderful to me anyway! Also, oooohhhhhh, shiny.... :D ) *grabs credit card and gleefully scarpers off* Of course, admittedly what I may be most inclined to look for in the CIV store is....well, anything Anakin, natch, because....oh, you know. ;) *chuckles knowingly* In any case, I don't doubt that there may be at least something in there for me, and one way or another I've the feeling that I may walk away from that store with a decent amount o' SW swag. Which totally works for me.... :) Thanks muchly for the help and the feedback, though....'tis *greatly* appreciated, and definitely helps take a load off my mind, believe me!

Dawn.

21. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Wow, that worked....*so*....well, as Homer Simpson would say. :D I'd no idea it would be so easy and straightforward a thing as all that, but there we are, and my Quick Path time is reserved (dunno why I initially thought it might cost extra, but - it didn't, and hey, so much the better there, right? *cheerful, upbeat expression*), so I am just *so* there, you betcha....whee, SW swag....note to self: bring extra suitcases and leave lots of room, because methinks that when all is said and done clearly I'll need it. ;) Thanks so much, though, in any case, for all the helpful hints, advice and so forth - I said it before but I'm sure it only bears repeating, 'tis *very* much appreciated, rest assured. And, hmmmm, now....what's this I recall seeing about passes for the six-movie marathon that'll be playing there, ooohhhhh, now *this* sounds quite intriguing too.... :)

Dawn. (is immensely jazzed)

22. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I took 11PM-2AM. I figure everyone will want to get there early to get things that sold out early at CIII. I really only want a poster, all the exclusive figures I can get and maybe a few other nifty little gifts for friends who aren't going.

Most people, from walking around all day will be tired by that time. After dinner people tend to get full and relaxed and will want to stay in their hotel rooms saving their energy for a full day Friday. I'm not going Friday, so I can stay up late. :)

I knoiw I'll wait line, but I think the the later lines will be less crowded by midnight. Especially for the express lines.

23. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    You probably made a great choice. Everything will probably still be available the first day and I bet you'll be able to walk right in and out at that time. I got to thinking after signing up I should have opted for a time after all the festivities would be over for the day.

I'm ready for more information about the shuttle so I can do some planning. I guess if it isn't running when I need it a taxi will not be too expensive. I want to be able to "run" back to the hotel to drop stuff and it certainly will not be as simple as it was in Indy. That's one thing I'll miss.

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge Awards at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/community/fun/fanfilm/news20070313.html

25. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Is there an exclusive action figure announced yet like James Earl Jones's Vader from last time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.