main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I wonder what Jay is referring to? It can't be the 6 film marathon if he posted on March 17th.......maybe Harrison????

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Whatever it is, the announcement seems to have been delayed...or its something he thought would be much cooler than we think. I don't think bidding at least $2500 to lunch with Harrison Ford fits the bill. I haven't seen anything yet announced that will be unique to this Celebration though...

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The offical CIV poster. Eh, it's ok. I actually prefer the Sanda poster myself.

4. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I guess I will have to disappoint you as I have just learned that the Movie marathon is the only time you are going to be able to see the movies. It like they are "rewarding" the people who get their early denying all those who come later. Rather stupid move on their part.

Val,

Do you know anybody at LucasFilm or Gencon who can explain why they would such a thing?

D.L.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    At C3, they showed the films at night after the rest of the con was closed. From what I've heard, this time around there will be things planned every night at the convention center so it doesn't sound like there is any other time that would work.

6. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    thanks for all the quick links Val....very informative.

as a side not for all you still looking for hotel rooms. if you look right outside of L.A. you can get some really good deals. i'm 7 1/2 miles from town and got a newly renovated room with breakfast for $452 for the week. that's tax included. look up best western.:)

hope this helps.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I actually really liked the poster! I'll probably buy it. The badges are cute too.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I think we should start posting our comments on the poster, badges, etc in the Official CIV Social Forum instead of here in the Official Announcements thread.

It's starting to get a bit cluttered in here... :)

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I have no problem leaving the comments here. They change every time a new annoucement comes out, anyway.

10. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    waiting for a new announcement of something exciting... any day now... Is it just me or does it feel like another off year for Star Wars? C'Mon C4 Let's start seeing some more announcements! Make it feel like it was worth the money I spent booking my trip! :)

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    We already got two announcements over the weekend with the CIV exclusive poster and admission badges. So hopefully they start rolling in more frequently now with the convention only 2 months away.

The exclusive figure announcement has me very ansty - I can't wait for it.

12. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    You and me both.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- CIV Post Cards

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070326.html

14. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I like how they tack on "collectible" to the post cards. They aren't just postcards, but collectible.

Anything is collectible if you make it as such, LOL!

Just sayin'.......

15. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Yay, more official announcements!! [face_dancing]

Celebration IV Collectible Program Book

Link

Celebration IV: More Collecting Panels!

Link

Coming Soon: Official Star Wars Postage Stamp

Link

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Great job on the cover art for the Program Book. And I loved the announcement for more Collecting Panels.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Postal Star Wars Stamps to be released on May 25th at CIV

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20070328.html

18. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    The USPS website is interesting looking now ...

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That is very cool... and a shining example of the impact and attraction for one particular social phenomenon, a "little" (:)) movie franchise.

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The USPS is really going all out to celebrate the 30th anniversary. I am definitely going to order a few sets of the 3-pack of mailing envelopes. And it goes without saying that obtaining a full un-cut sheet of the stamps is a must-have.

FedEx and UPS better step up to the plate. ;)

21. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I think I am going to get some stamps as well. They look pretty cool. the post cards they can keep.

I kind of like the CIV poster. It's OK. I have seen many other cooler posters. It's OK. That's it.

The one thing I'm not liking about some of the collectibles are the absence of original characters. Why are Anakin and Padme first on the program? It should be Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Vader, Stormtroopers, Sandpeople etc etc. Just my opinion.

22. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    The only thing I can think of in the reasoning behind it is, if it weren't for Anakin and Padme there wouldn't be a Luke or Leia.

Even though I'm with you, I think the CIV stuff should be centered more around Luke, Leia, Ben, Vader, Han, Chewy, etc., since if it weren't for those characters in Star Wars (A New Hope) there wouldn't be an episode I, II or III.

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- 12 More CIV Guests Announced by OPX

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Celebrities.html

24. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I think that the 30th is suppose to be special to the original movie. I think being able to take fans back to 1977 would be awesome. In putting CIV together, I would have done a total flashback. Had vintage toys, had the staff in old Star Wars T shirts. Had the program booklet look like the original Star Wars storybook and just make everything seem like it was in 1977.

I think I just got tired of seeing Anakin and Padme last year. This isn't their celebration. It's Luke and Leia's. I just think Hamill should be there too. Like Lucas coulsdn't have picked up the phone and made that happen for at least two days like Carrie.

I am very disappointed so far. To have to wait a year and get the information we are getting 2 months before the con is disrespectful to all fans. They have one more chance. The exclusive figure and one more big named celeb.

25. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    hmmmm...this is the first time I've seen this. Star Wars Laser Tag provided courtesy of this announcementby Schwartzman and Associates, the company handling press credentials for C4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.