*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    Just an FYI from Adrian at GenCon:

"Fast Path = One person per ticket, kinda like a concert ticket, the friends and family coupons cannot be used to get in either."

2. Captain_Typho Jedi Master

star 5
    also....if you look at the announcement I posted earlier, it confirmed a few other things besides laser tag.

*Opening Ceremonies will be held on Friday.
    *Stormtrooper Olympics will be back
    *Some kind of R2-D2 builders challenge will be held
  3. miarama Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think that splitting up the magazine subscription from the member benefits is a GREAT idea. I just signed up :)

[link=http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20070330.html][/link] Check out Hyperspace at starwars.com

(I can't figure out how to post a Link)
  4. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My wife and I just renewed our Hyperspace FC memberships, and each subscribed to Insider magazine on Titan's website.

We are good to go! :)
  5. niennumb1 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah it was great they said that way after a majority of the people who needed to join did for the badge sales. Now they pull this after I spent full price.

Oh well.... it's my lot in life... :)
  6. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm copying this from another thread -- the link to the official announcement of the exclusive figure:

[link=http://starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070402.html]Exclusive Figure[/link]
  7. miarama Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I love the figures! I hope that the quality of the exclusive coin will be better than the TAC coins. It seems like it was made of cheap plastic & spray-painted with silver. The tokens at Chuck E. Cheese's are of better quality.

The figures are awesome!
  8. Salty Jedi Master

star 5
    Definitely a great choice.
  9. SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The Celebration Action Figure Exclusive is absolutely cool. Totally fitting for this celebration with this celebration being during the 30th anniversary of the first STAR WARS movie made. :) :cool:

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer! :cool:
  10. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Cool! Definitely a good choice for the figures, and I'm glad something is going to be retro here. :p The pictures look really great.
  11. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love the two-pack as well. And I am very happy to see that the figures will be packaged in a protective clamshell, similar to what Target stores did with their exclusives for ROTS.

Overall a very cool piece, and a much-welcomed addition to my SW collection. =D=
  12. mikadojedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. It is an awesome figure idea. Although they should have taken things a step further. What about a McQuarie Action Figure Collection Exclusive. R2, 3PO, Vader, and Luke. All four concepts in one case. That would be sweet. I cannot wait for the Yodas to come. And even better an evolution series.
    In all seriousness. I am glad that they came up with the hole punch idea. I was at C-2. And I cannot count how many people kept getting back in line for the Sucal figure. I think I was the only one who got the allotment of two, and only two. I ended up selling one to someone who did not get one.
  13. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, wait a second. Why does the back of the CIV figure read "..the amazing Ralph McQuarrie concept of Luke Skywalker.."

???? :confused: Anybody else pickup on that?
  14. Moff_D Jedi Knight

star 5
    My guess would be it was a concept that didn't make it and nobody has changed it yet.
  15. LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I personally an disappointed that this is the figure. I was really hoping it as Luke, with some sort of Binary Sunset playset similar to what the official poster looks like.
  16. mikadojedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I could see that. But not as an action figure. More like the 3-D style posters that Code 3 did. I cannot see a Luke/Binary Sunset with either a none 3-D style background. And having the two suns on plastic sticks looks tacky.
  17. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Excellent point - that would make an awesome 3D poster from Code3.

Too bad they are out of the Star Wars product business. Hopefully another company steps up the plate and continues the line of 3D sculpted posters.
  18. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I like the figures ... great choice.
  19. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I must be the only person that doesn't like the figures. I am completely dissapointed. [face_plain]
  20. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm sure you're not the only one who is not happy with the figures. If Hasbro could come up with a figure design that would appeal to everyone, they would be marketing geniuses. :)
  21. Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations

Manager
    star 7
    After the cool C3 Vader I'm disappointed that they didn't do anything more special with this one, especially the packaging.
  22. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great figure set can't wait to add it too my collection as they will look great next too the other concept art figures.
  23. DarkPrince Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The figure looks great! I never thought they'd take something like that from concept art, I always thought they'd use some iconic moment or something for a figure.

I'll be sure to grab this once I hit the store as the top thing to do on the list when I get in there friday.

I must've missed it or something, but does anyone know how much its going to cost?
  24. JediJustin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    DP, there has not been an announcement on the cost of the exclusive figure pack. The C3 Vader sold for $15, with the Pro-Tech Star Case also available for an additional $3.

If you go by those numbers, I would expect the figure to be in the $15-$20 range. But we won't know for sure until we arrive at the CIV Store.
  25. DarkPrince Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks, so I guess its a "Your guess is as good as mine" kind of thing.

Alrighty, I still can't wait to get my hands on that figure though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.