*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé Amidala Skywalker Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by leiaandpadme, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. leiaandpadme Jedi Knight

Whats is your favorite scene with Padme in it?

RS77 edit: I'm changing the title of this thread. Please use it for all general discussions on Padme.
  2. Obi-Chron Force Ghost

star 4
    The one that plays over and over again in my head and has me in it . . . . . [face_devil]
  3. sithscotti418 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The padme/ Anakin looking through the windows before Anakin makwes his final decesion is a truly powerful scene. That scene is Lucas does best. Just images and a powerful score in the background gaves us such a heartwrenching scene. Anyone that says they didn't feel for the couple during that scene is jaded.

The padme/obiwan scene was gut wrenching as well. When Padme realized Obiwan was going there to kill him . Great stuff.

Of course the final Padme/Anakin scene where she pleads with Anakin to stop his madness was great, and the funeral scene put tears in my eyes.

4. Malikail Jedi Master

star 4
    Funeral, but sadly it was 2 and 1/2 movies late
  5. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    I liked her in all of TPM, so it's hard for me to pinpoint a certain scene...after that I don't know.

I used to like Padme but not anymore. When I really look back, she got on my nerves in "Clones" and she didn't do too much in "Sith" except play breeding stock. And then she dies, what a waste.

Luke and Leia will always be Anakin's children to me because of this. I don't feel she had a connection with her children at all.:(
  6. sithscotti418 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought Padme was great in Sith. There is little a pregnant woman can do, but my god her scenes all had some sort of effect, whether it was Anakin's fear of losing her, or her scene with obiwan, or her trying to save Clark.

Her life crumbles in rots. I have a hard time understanding that people didn't feel for her in this movie.
  7. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree. The only problem I have with her in ROTS is that her scenes involving the formation of the Rebellion were cut, but that's due to editing issues, not the character.

And my favorite scene with Padme in it is the arena battle on Geonosis.
  8. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_thinking]

Well I really liked her in all of TPM, but in Clones she was okay, but it was funny cuz she was like the only person in the Genosis battle in the Arena who didn't have a lightsaber. Lmao! In ROTS, the scene I like most is when Anakin is looking through the window at Padme and makes his final decision to betray the Jedi to save her. Made me cry. The other scene is when she's on Mustafar, but she sounded a little whiny to me at some points, but overall she was good. She didn't have a lot of scenes in ROTS so it's hard to choose.

Rachel Rose@};-
  9. sithscotti418 Jedi Knight

star 3
    whoops I meant to say save Anakin..

I thought her last scene with Anakin was fantastic. She was desperate at the time. Of course it may come as whining look at what she is going through. She is trying to save her husband. Nat nailed that scene, but yeah the window scene between the two of them imo is one of the best and most powerful scenes in the entire saga.
  10. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I liked the scene where Anakin is first telling her about his nightmares about his mother. She showed absolute compassion. It was vintage Padme. So caring and beautiful.
  11. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm...She definitely has my vote for TPM. Brilliant in that. The first half of AOTC...and ROTS? Probably when she is just about to get off her ship to meet Anakin on Mustafar (he's running towards her) and she has her head in her hand and "Across the Stars" is playig in the back. I really loved that scene, I could completely feel her pain.
  12. sick_sith_girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Revenge of the Sith: the one where she looks toward the Jedi Temple and Anakin looks toward the Senate buildings.
  13. jwebb1970 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Definitely the "ruminations" scene of ROTS. My favorite scene in that film.
  14. QuiGonHrafn Jedi Knight

star 3
    TPM: Brilliant from start to finish but her greatest scene has to be the Senate scene as she moves for a vote of no coincidence. But she is just brilliant in this film - from the first moment to last.
    AOTC: I think she is excellent in this film but she suffers from being merely "Anakin's love interest". Not enough focus on herself as a character. But hey, this is basically Anakin's story. Her best scenes in AOTC is the fireplace scene. I don't care what people say about that scene. It is brilliant and there we learn everything about the plot of how Anakin becomes a SITH and Padmé dies. It's all in this one little scene. The wedding was brilliant as well - the way she conveyed her feelings without uttering a single word. The deleted Senate scene had some promise too.
    ROTS: Most seem to be on the opinion that the ruminations scene is her best (another great scene where Portman conveys her feelings without uttering a single word. She is very good at that) but to me four scenes are above that. a) her reactions as Palpatine becomes Emperor (so this is how liberty dies....) b) her scene with Obi (especially the ending) c)her tragic death (with Obi holding Luke in his arms. Very fitting) and d) her funeral

Overall Padmé is a brilliant character in all the films but obviously the focus is more on Anakin than her and her character suffers from deleting all those senator scenes she had in AOTC and ROTS. On top of that she is brilliant in all the action scenes - the Naboo battle and the Arena. She is very impressive.

But do you think that if Lucas had written the prequel trilogy first that Padmé would have died or had he found a way for her to survive (and possibly be alive at the end of the saga or even meeting Vader in JEDI). I was thinking about it as I watched ROTS once again last night. He doesn't seem to have Padmé's exact fate worked out and if it hadn't been for the JEDI scene, she wouldn't have had to die at all. Vader had become evil, she didn't want anything to do with him and she could have disappeared like Obi and Yoda. Personally, I think he would still have killed her off (Vader is a much more tragic character that way and this is after all, a tragedy) but what do you think?

P.S: Just one question, who is Clark? (somebody talked about some Clark before but I don't remember him in Star Wars. Was this a joke or a misprint?)
  15. Clone_Commander169 Jedi Master

star 4
    the part where she kiks butt at geonosis!

all that slow boring romance i dislike
  16. sccrman95 Jedi Master

star 4

Sccrman95
  17. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you. I totally agree and have always loved that scene. ROTS makes it even better.
  18. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    But do you think that if Lucas had written the prequel trilogy first that Padmé would have died or had he found a way for her to survive (and possibly be alive at the end of the saga or even meeting Vader in JEDI).

I always thought that if he wrote the PT first, then Padme would have lived into the OT, but just would not have been seen, or maybe she would have died a few years later off camera (when Leia was very young)

That might change Leia's history though, so I don't know. I think he played it right.
  19. Darth_Laudrup Force Ghost

star 4
    It's hard to choose a favourite Padme scene. I have 3 favourite Padme scenes.

-"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause". The look on her and Bails faces and the roaring applause in the Senate is both breathtaking and scary.

-The scene in ROTS where she and Kenobi are talking and she is smiling, looking genuinly happy, wearing the green/brown dress and looking incredibly beautiful. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

-The scene were Anakin decides to go and help Palpatine. The way Lucas shows us the connection between Padme and Anakin is so perfect that it has become one of my all-time favourite Star Wars scenes. The music and that the only voice we hear is Palpatines lies about how it will be impossible to save Padme should he die.
  20. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    P.S: Just one question, who is Clark? (somebody talked about some Clark before but I don't remember him in Star Wars. Was this a joke or a misprint?)

Yah, he meant Anakin.
  21. sithscotti418 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah sorry about that. I was talking to my friend about Smallville , and wrote Clark instead of Anakin.

Superman/darth vader same difference.:oops:

I also lved that the jappot came into play in this film. A very nice touch by George with the closeup of her holding it in her hands during her funeral.
  22. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yah...all through AOTC I was wondering if they would ever show that again.
  23. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    My favorite Padme sequences are probably these 5 in no preticular order

1. The TPM scenes where she's breaking into the palace to retake it from the Trade Federation.

2. The Fireplace scene in AOTC

3. The Arena scenes

4."So this is how liberty dies."

5. On Mustafar when she tries to reason with Anakin.
  24. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that is a very very overlooked scene. It is probably my favorite too. You can see her pain. Her eyes even look a little baggy. She is still very pretty, but the stress is starting to catch up with her. What is going through her head?

"Ok, I really love this guy and I a pregnant with his child. Everything seemed ok except for these weird dreams he was having. Suddenly, all of the Jedi have been killed....many presumably by the father of my children, The Democracy that I faught for my whole life has just become an empire, I'm pregnant as hell, and I just flew to a planet covered in lava to meet the husband of mine who allegedly killed children. This all went so terribly wrong. What am I doing here?"

I think she knows deep down that Obi-Wan is right, yet she makes one last attempt at saving Anakin love from what is basically INSANITY. She is bold untill the end. Some people think that the "Broken Heart" thing diminishes her character, but really.....how much can one person really take?

Carnage
  25. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Agreed, and that's why I've never understood the whole thing about her dying from a "broken heart" as being a weakening of her.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.