main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé Amidala Skywalker Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by leiaandpadme, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Too bad Padme could not be one with the Force with Anakin. :( I mean she was the only reason for Anakin to be happy.

2. leiaandpadme

leiaandpadme Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    my favorite is when they look out the window in rots.they cant see each other but they can feel each others pain. and anakin's tear makes the scene even more better. it would have been kinda cool if padme was a jedi.

3. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005

Though I love the scene where Anakin and Padme are "looking" out the window with at each other (with all my heart), I believe that was more of an Anakin scene. It was his epiphany and the scene where Padme has her "moment" alone, is her epiphany. It was a brilliat idea to put that in there because it shows that she, like Anakin, is hiding how she truly feels around other people. She is overloaded with so many disasters that it's a miracle she hasn't just collapsed. They both experience a "breakdown" on Mustafar. Anakin has the yelling, screaming kind, and she has the crying, dying kind. I loved that they both got their moment before that scene.

4. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    lol.i saw ur signature and anakin is pretty hot!

5. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad you think so ;)

You seem to have your head on right

6. apology__accepted

apology__accepted Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2005
    Queen/Padme Amidala by far is one of the most fascinating characters in the whole PT for me. The way I see her character by episode is as following:

TPM: The way she is portrayed in the first episode is as a head strong leader who is very compassionate, and yet also feels she has much too proove. Being the youngest Queen ever elected makes her more eager to proove that she is a powerful and wise queen even at the age of 14. Her flaw is that she does not seem to see the bigger picture and seems to be naive and went for the quick fix solution. Her short sightedness was exposed when she asked the senate for a vote of no confidence on Supreme Chancellor Valorum leadership. I did admire her very much in battle, I love the way she fought, it was extremely feisty, yet calculated. People call her character wooden, I call it very calculated and thoughtful. I think Padme is a very gentle person, the only one who actually seemed to truely care for Anakin's situation. Qui-Gon seemed to only carred for Anakin because he believed he was the chosen one. She seemed to be the only one who was looking out for him when they arrived to coruscant. Amidala is an extremely complex character in TPM.

AOTC: She seems to be relieved that she is no longer Queen, though she seems glad that she is able to serve in some capacity as a Senator. I believe she came accross a little childish when she was forced to go into hiding for her protection. She has to realise that the Jedi were doing all they can to protect her. She seems to be torn in the way she views Anakin, in one way she see's him as the sweet innocent boy she first met in Tatooine, and she also see's him as a much more mature grown man. She can't deny her physical attraction to him. The fireplace scence and the lakeside scene shows a woman confused at whether she sould pursue her dreams and have a meaninful relationship with Anakin or fufill her duty. Those 2 scenes she seems the most conflicted. Every time she stares at Anakin she is trying to suppress her love and attraction she has to him. I believe the reason the loves comes accross so akwardly is because you got too completely confused and naive individuals, one who wants do have everything his way, and Padme who want's to do what is right. Towards the end of the movie you see Padme realising that she can't deny her love for Anakin and it is inevitable even though something tells her that it will reslut in disaster she still goes ahead and get's married. Lastly she see's the corruption in the senate going on and is trying to be a voice of reason, but she feels that noone is listening and that the senate is in danger of no longer functioning properly.

ROTS: At this point she seems more concerned with her marriage than her role as senator. She cares more about her babies than about her duty. She also is in denial of what kind of person Chancellor Palpatine is. She doesn't want to believe that she was supported as Queen by such an evil man. She seems very despondent, and she seems to have given up on diplomacy and liberty. This is all is crushing to her, all she has worked for as Queen & Senator means absolutley nothing in the end. All the ideals she has fought for was for nothing. She was decieved by one who she thought was a friend earlier. She seems to feel responsible in some way. She see's Anakin becoming way too close to the chancellor, and she see's the young innocent boy she met long ago become an evil man. She loves Anakin blindly regardless of what foolish act he may committ. I believe had Anakin not choked Padme she still would have been at his side loving him. She believes in Anakin more than anyone, even when it seems darkest, she was the only one who gave him comfort when his mother died. She loves him truely & she believes he is a man gone wrong. I also do buy the theory she lost the will to live because if you see one you love become a horrible human being and see everything you worked for go down the toilet it could easily devistate someone.

Amidala is a GREAT and complex character and I greatly enjoyed watc

7. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    really well written! i really believe all that also.what color do u think padme's lightsaber would be if she was a jedi?

8. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I like the scene with the steel bikini. Wait, is this the OT forum?

9. apology__accepted

Sep 6, 2005
    She would probably have a green lightsaber!

10. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    I completely disagree. Qui-Gon loved Anakin as a person, though his curiousity was mainly because of Anakin's possible status, he believed this little boy was more than just a slave. He believed in his dreams, he believed in his ambitions. He belived in him all together. His determinaion to train Anakin was based upon the love he had developed for him.

No possible way. Padme had made up her mind in her ship before running out onto the platform to meet Anakin on Mustafar. She knew, deep down, that Anakin had done these deeds. There was no way Obi-Wan would lie to her about something as serious as this. She was going to convince Anakin to come back, she wanted him to be good again. You see for yourself that she is backing away and refusing to join him even before Obi-Wan comes out of the ship.

11. Volturedroid

Volturedroid Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2006
    Oh there's far to many scenes that i could choose.. But the first that comes to my mind is Anakins and Padmes reunion it really feels like they have been apart for a lifetime some great acting there!!

12. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Obviously it'd be pink. :p

13. apology__accepted

Sep 6, 2005

Are you trying to say padme is a sith?!:eek:

14. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    HAHAHAHA!!! A Sith with a pink lightsaber? Oh my! [face_laugh]

15. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    lol,i think padme's lightsaber would be pink,lol.me and u really agrre on everything anakin lover! what's ur favorite costume that pade wore in the prequels?

16. Apprentice_To_Master

Apprentice_To_Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2006
    You are making this very hard for the mods. Go to the thread entitled "What is Padme's Hottest Costume " ---> http://boards.theforce.net/prequel_trilogy/b10669/19037858/p1/?119

17. TheDarkSideAreThey

TheDarkSideAreThey Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    I think her role in ROTS was highly dilluted compared with the novelization. In the novel she tells her fellow senators about waiting to move against Palpatine and play the role of "good little senators" until the time is right. Basically she laid the groundwork of how the Rebel Alliance was to evole.

In the film, I'd have to take the ruminations scene. Too powerful and painful to avoid.

18. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    too bad lucas didnt include the scene where the senators and padme founded the rebel alliance.that was really important plus mon mothma was barely even seen in the film.c'mon every1 lets keep this a strong thread! do you think that luke and leia ever found out anything about padme? please dont criticize this can be in the prequel forum also.

19. Apprentice_To_Master

Feb 17, 2006
    That wasn't what I was saying. You asked what costume he liked the best and I said go to the "Hottest Costume Padme's Wearing" Thread. That is also in the prequel.

---------------------

My favourite scene with padme in it was her funeral. I was not a big fan of her... Lol, but seriously I thought the scene on mustafar was the most powerful and meaningful scene with her in it. Second to that would be the battle on Geonosis when she used her brains to get out of her chains. You go girl! [face_dancing]

20. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    so do yall think that the senators creating the rebel alliance should have been included?

21. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
  22. Apprentice_To_Master

Feb 17, 2006
    According To the TOS, That is Spam. Please refrain from spamming. And I see this is your first post so I understand you don't know much about the rules. Welcome to the boards. Read the TOS before you post as it is very important.

----------------

Yes I do think that the Senators should have done that. It would have been more interesting.

23. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    The founding of The Rebellion scenes with Bail, Mon Mothma & Padme should definately have been included.
    They might be taking the story away from Anakin for a moment, but I feel that it would have been really good to include them.

We see Bail becomming more and more of a passionate charismatic leader and a proponent for democracy & peace. And not just that, but we see Mon Mothma as well as Padme.
    The most important part of this scene is that it shows us that the rebellion has been around at least as long as the Empire and by showing us the strong charismatic Bail Organa, we feel an even greater loss when Tarkin blows up Alderaan.

24. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    i defenetly agree with you.i know lucas says that the whole star wars saga is about anakin but im sure he coulda showed 10 mintues of other characters.

25. Apprentice_To_Master

Feb 17, 2006
    The entire saga was not entirley focused on Anakin and there was plenty of time for the other characters. I think we saw enough of the politicians, GL put in the exact right amount of time for each character, the bulk of it being for Anakin/Lord Vader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.