main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé Amidala Skywalker Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by leiaandpadme, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    TPM and Padme's stance in that film I've enjoyed. I wish her feisty spirit could have translated over to the other two prequel films. Yeah - yeah - I know it's Anakin's story, but I guess it's the feminist in me that had hoped for more character development in Padme without her becoming the (for lack of a better word) abused wife.

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005

I have absolutely no idea. She has the most exquisite costumes...They were gorgeous. The one that stands out the most for me now is the one she wore in the fireplace scene in AOTC. Someone suggested that the scarf (or whatever it is) tied around her neck looks like a glove choking her...

I can't get that picture out of my head, it's terribly creepy.

About the Rebellion scenes...I thought they were great. They showed the fact that Padme was not just a sad little pregnant wife, who basically forgot about being a Senator. They showed the Padme I had admired for so long. I especially loved the scene with Palpatine, Anakin and the rest of the Senators. It showed some controversy on Anakin and Padme's part.

3. apology__accepted

apology__accepted Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2005

Did you purchase the book Dressing a Galaxy by Trisha Biggar? It is fantastic if you love the Star Wars costumes in the prequels. A lot of the book is concentrated on the costumes that Amidala wore throughout the movies. I think the price is pretty reasonable also considering how wonderful the photos are, if you want the deluxe edition is extremely expensive. Here is a link:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0810965674/qid=1141099532/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-0697409-2326238?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

4. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh thanks! I think the costumes were amazing, for everyone, not just Padme. One of the key positive traits about SW. The effort put into those costumes were actually unbelievable.

5. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Talking about costumes, I really loved the way Padme looked in the brown/green dress she wore in Episode III while talking with Kenobi (not the conversation about Anakins fall, but the one were she is happy and has that long curly hair). I am not much of a fashion expert, but I still thinks she looks great.

6. Apprentice_To_Master

Apprentice_To_Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2006
    Didn't I say this before? The costume thread ....

7. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005

Absolutely. Not only would it build Padme's greater role on the saga, but it would set us up for focus of the next three films, "the Rebellion against the Empire"

8. Bripe_Klmun

Bripe_Klmun Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    I said this somewhere else some time ago, but I still stand by it...

As adorable as I think Nat is, her character in the films didn't do it for me story-wise - but that's okay, because I hardly feel that Padmé is even close to being the focal point of them. She's Luke and Leia's mom...and that's it.

She didn't start a rebellion. She didn't blow up a planet. She didn't step on an Ewok. She bumped uglies with a young Jedi and had twins. Then she died. End of story.

Well, other than it's just Padmé Amidala...no Skywalker in her name.

9. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    "The scene in ROTS where she and Kenobi are talking and she is smiling, looking genuinly happy, wearing the green/brown dress and looking incredibly beautiful".

What scene are you talking about? I don't remember any scene in ROTS in which Obi and Padmé talked together - except for the "scene that explains it all". Why can't I remember this scene? Are you sure it is in ROTS?

And I agree - the rebellion scenes should have been included. Maybe not include all the senators but Organa, Mothma and especially Padmé. Padmé's character would have been even stronger and more powerful and tragic. She is so much more than Luke and Leia's mother/Anakin's wife - despite what some people believe.

10. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I just have to say that Padmé is my favourite character, I?m not sure why but it?s something about her and she is also one of the easiest characters to write a fanfic about, mostly since we don?t know that much about her, but still enough to understand her character.

I don?t like the fact that she went from being Queen Amidala, the ruler of her planet, to become Anakins little love interest. I mean, in ep. 1, wow, in ep. 2 I really like her to, Nat did a great job in it and she is still her own person. It?s in ep.3 that her character start to fall and that is hard, I mean, she is great in it (don?t get me wrong) but she loses her self somehow, like the fact that she, former queen, senator and now mother of two, would just give up and die, I mean, GL really didn?t give her character very much credit for that one, she could have, I don?t know, lived with Leia on Alderan and then die on some way that doesn?t scream, I?m weak. Or maybe it?s 45 minutes past midnight and I?m so tired that I don?t know what I?m saying anymore[face_blush] [face_tired] [face_blush] ;) .

But it tears me apart that her children don?t know her. I mean, if you have read the Black Fleet Crisis- trilogy, you know what I mean.

?A lot happened?, Luke said. ?I learned from some of it. Leia, I still want to know who our mother was, and what she gave us. That still matters to me. Not knowing is an empty hole inside me, and some of what Akanah told me would fill it so well that I want to believe it?.

?But you came back?.

?It?s the one little pice that maybe I did find that brought me back, A lesson about love and family from a woman I never met, and probably never will?.

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

In the scene were Anakin tells her about his nightmare, her first thought went to her child/children, she is so unselfish and strong, it really tears me apart that her own children doesn?t get to know her.

It?s funny that one of the most powerful scene, the window scene between Padmé and Anakin, in ep.3 were the only one where they didn?t talk and yet they both did such a great job[face_thinking] .

In my fic, In the soul of the force, Padmé is a Jedi and I decided to give her a white lightsaber, no actually two white lightsabers, the reason for that will turn out later but I can say that I have thought about that for a really long time, but if she would have one of the more average colours, I would guess blue or purple, not green.

But, hey, what do I know, right?;)

11. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    But it tears me apart that her children don?t know her.

Somewhat odd that Owen and Beru didnt show Luke at least of picture of her. And also odd is when Luke talked to Obi-Wan about his father, he didnt ask whether Obi-Wan knew his mother.

12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Leia talked about her Mother her real mother never her Real Father, Ecept that the fact is she thought that Bail was her father.

13. QuiGonHrafn

May 25, 2002
    Somewhat odd that Owen and Beru didnt show Luke at least of picture of her. And also odd is when Luke talked to Obi-Wan about his father, he didnt ask whether Obi-Wan knew his mother.

How do we know that for sure. Ok, it isn't shown on film and according to the EU it didn't happen. But Star Wars is the films - not EU - with the greatest respect for the EU. I have always seen Luke going to visit Naboo after the celebrations at Endor. Are you telling me that poor excuse of a father never mentioned Padmé to his only son now that he became a spirit? Don't believe it. And R2-D2, that he didn't ask C-3PO to translate the knowledge that he (R2) had inside him. Remember, R2's memory was never erased. And then there is Jar Jar Binks, Mon Mothma and several others that knew Padmé and seemed to have been in contact with Obi (through Bail perhaps). There is no way that Luke wouldn't find out about his mother soon after Palpatine's death - in the way that Lucas wrote the PT. After all, Leia was a close friend of Mon Mothma and when she and Luke told them they were the offsprings of Anakin Skywalker (we must assume they revealed it after Palpatine's death), I'm sure Mothma could put 2 and 2 together.

14. leiaandpadme

leiaandpadme Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    dang i havent visited this thread in quite a while and it has really grew ! my favorite outfit of padme was where she was talking to obi won in her veranda and her hair was like leias in episode V1.i loved her purple dress

15. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    There is no way that Luke wouldn't find out about his mother soon after Palpatine's death Yes, maybe after ROTJ, but I said Owen and Beru and Obi-Wan in ANH. Its odd in 20 years something wouldnt have been mentioned or shown.

16. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    The less Luke knew the safer he would be is his uncle's thinking.

17. QuiGonHrafn

May 25, 2002
    "Yes, maybe after ROTJ, but I said Owen and Beru and Obi-Wan in ANH. Its odd in 20 years something wouldnt have been mentioned or shown".

True but Lucas didn't have a clear idea as to Padmé's role at that time. And they might have told him about her - we don't know that for sure and I can't believe they ever had a picture of Padmé. Unless Beru took one in the time they spent together in AOTC.

18. leiaandpadme

leiaandpadme Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    there is like no way luke ever saw a pic of padme.he is so curious about who she was in V1 that there is no way.but i think padme would have been a fabulous mom.

19. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Yeah, I think that Padmé would have been a wonderful mother to.
    And like I said, it so sad that her children didn?t get to know her. Hmm, I?m very curies about what GL would answerer if someone would ask him about all this, I mean, he have accepted the EU books but still[face_thinking] .

20. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    The less Luke knew the safer he would be is his uncle's thinking.

True, but I cant imagine a normal kid not bugging them or others about it. Yes, Padme would have been a good mom. :D

21. Juko_Koto

Juko_Koto Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2006
    I would tend to disagree with all yall she was to busy being herself to have had to take care of kids[face_shame_on_you]

22. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    I would tend to disagree with all yall she was to busy being herself to have had to take care of kids

Umm, who what ? Proper names instead of pronouns please. [face_sick]

23. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    No way, she wouldn?t have been to busy, I don?t think that just because Leia made that mistake Padmé would do it, but I don?t know, if Padmé would have continued in politics, she would have found someway to balance her life in politics and her life as a mother.
    [face_thinking] But then it also has to do with Anakin turns to the dark side or not, cuz if Padmé would have lived alone with Luke and Leia, I think that she would have but them first, and not only because she probably would lose her job in the senate when it becomes an Empire but because she would want to take care of hers and Anakins children.
    But if Anakin wouldn?t have become Vader, I think that she would have continued with politics but still have more then enough time to spend with her family:) .

24. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    I've always though that it was very interesting that when Anakin and Padme are having a minor political feud on Padme's veranda in ROTS, Padme references a past of "no politics/plotting/war" when both of them were in the Naboo lake country (in AOTC). But if you re-examine those scenes, they were quite filled with conflict: Padme's abrupt break from her kiss with Anakin which temporarily confuses/upsets him in the balcony scene, their debate about sorts of rulerships (politics) during the picnic and finally, an excellent example of "plotting" by Anakin when he pretends to be injured after falling off of one of those large-assed cow creatures. These may not be examples of "plotting/war" in a political sense, but definitely in a social way.

There's a lot to say about the way Padme has perceived the past. Too optimistic? Foolishly nostalghic?

25. Jedi-Watchman

Jedi-Watchman Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2006
    I have three scenes I love Padme in:

The first is the Ruminations scene in ROTS she had with Anakin, the music, the way she seemed to be connected and feel Anakin across the city (and he her), everything about this scene to me amke it one of the best scenes in the whole saga.

My second favorite Padme scene is in AOTC, when Anakin and her are in the Geonosis arena and amdist the fighting between the Jedi and the droid army (in which she is fighting in herself with a blaster, ala Annie Oakley style), I like how she counters Anakin when he say "So you call this a diplomatic solution" and she says, "No I call this agressive negotiations".

My third favorite Padme is back to ROTS during the Mustafar meeting with Anakin from beginning till end. I really felt her desperation, love and heartache in those scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.