*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé's death and Leia's memories

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GLucasUSC, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. ryno1234 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's some food for thought:

If Leia's memories are because of force sensitivity, why doesn't Luke have any "memories"?

Luke: "I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her."

First, the exchange between Luke and Leia reveals to us that at least Leia knows she was adopted. Weird that she would know that, seeing as how the story could be lethally dangerous to her, Luke, and the Jedi Order. But she knew.

My point is that Luke should know something about his mother if Leia does. I don't think that Leia's force sensitivity means anything ON IT'S OWN!!

Now, hear me out on this:

First, I'll have to see the film again, but did Luke ever look on the face of Padme? I remember Obi-Wan showing Leia to Padme, and their faces met, but Luke was placed in her arms. It's possible the force allows Leia to remember the look on her face, and Leia can fill in the rest.

Or, (now this is off the wall, but hear me out) is it possible that Anakin was unknowingly able to affect the midichlorian count of Padme? We know that this is a power of at least one dark lord. And we know that Anakin saw Padme twice after he turned to the dark side. Since his whole turn was based on her, I wonder if he didn't subconciously tweak her count to the point where she became somewhat force sensitive. Without being powerful enough to be a force ghost, she may have kept her presence around Leia, since Obi-Wan was watching over Luke. Maybe it was Padme and Leia that got the Falcon back to Luke in ESB.

Thoughts?
  2. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    My guess/understanding is that Luke retains what Padme said about Anakin. That this somehow leaves a Force impression, which allows Luke to develop such a strong bond to his father, whereas the Force allows Leia have a memory of their mother.

Something to ponder. In "Shatterpoint", Mace Windu recalls the first time he saw Yoda. He was about six months old, roughly. Yoda gave Mace his first lesson about attachments. Interesting that Stover had this in mind for his story, at the same time Lucas was writing ROTS.
  3. Darth_Zanadus Jedi Master

star 1
    I think the fact that Luke doesn't remember anything about Padme makes Leia's memories through the force all the more VALID. Let me explain.

The force is enigmatic and peoples' sensitivity to it, use of it, etc. varies.They were both around their mother for roughly the same amount of time, but only Leia has memories of it because her force sensitivity is different than Luke's. Leia can't move objects with her mind, she can with training, but Luke can.I don't hear anyone saying the Force is a bull**** reason for moving objects with the mind.

And Leia had to know she was adopted because of the conversation in ROTJ, thus, i'm sure she often wondered about her birth mother, maybe asked questions, dreamt about her. The people we love, who love us, stay with us long after they are gone.

Thus, the force is a logical,reasonable and accurate explanation for Leia's memories.

4. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Thus, the force is a logical,reasonable and accurate explanation for Leia's memories.

So is seeing holographic moving images of Padme when Leia was young. Young children sometimes have a hard time distinguishing between TV/movie and real life memories. Some adults like Homer Simpson do too. He thinks he grew up on the set of Happy Days. :p
  5. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    As Pablo told us, Leia's memories are accurate given the greater context of the Saga. The greater context is that Leia has a memory based on her ability to use the Force.
  6. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
    So am I not the only one who thought I saw Obiwan holding both Twins at the same time? [face_plain]
  7. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Obi-wan was still holding Luke.
  8. Palpateen Jedi Master

star 4

I think the fact that Luke doesn't remember anything about Padme

I think he does.

What are her dying words?

"There is still good in him."

What is Luke's mantra throughout ROTJ?

"There is good in him."
  9. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    we spoke about this at the melbourne skyforce meeting yesterday, and everyone agreed that leia will get adopted twice, and will beleive that the first queen of alderian (in episode 3) will die by drinking poison that could be placed in her food on purpose,meaning that leia will never know padme, just like luke didn't, cause if Luke didnt know padme, leia didnt eather.

Also leia's name is Leia Amidala Skywalker for real.
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    She's remembering Padme. Not Brhea. Get that through your skull.
  11. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    no darth-sinister, you get it through your skull.

Leia doesn't know padme, cause if she did, the emperoro would have known that she was padme's child, but didn't, so both the twins dont know padme.

leia thought she was an alderian, not a naboo, and new storys will be replacing those old EU storys, which are stupid and terrible and fji9jf045gy=/,2@45[face_devil] [face_laugh] :mad: [face_laugh] [face_skull] ]-} [face_frustrated] [face_pumpkin] [face_laugh]
  12. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    One thing I've said is that leia never knew padme, and all her life leia thought she was from alderian, just like 3PO thought he was from somewhere else, and didnt know about anakin being his master of maker, so leia has no memory of padme just feelings like luke does, cause everyone feels the same about there mother being kind, beatiful but sad, dont you?

Luke would feel the same, and as we know, padme had met lukes uncle and untie, so they would have told him something after knowing that anakin was lukes father and that padme was with anakin, making padme luke's mother.

bail wouldn't tell leia or the empror would have known and he would have killed leia then, so neather leia or luke know padme, but they might have heard about her fighting in some parts of the clone wars.

padme wasn't really dead, but in a commer under the powers of the force covering her path and allowing her to hide the truth from everyone, even the jedi and the sith, cause the force is strong in the skywalker family.
  13. DarthIntimidus Jedi Master

star 2
    Exactly. Luke DOES remember Padme, as much as Leia does. Maybe more.

Leia remembers an image and a feeling. Luke remembers a MESSAGE.
  14. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    basiclly it's a feeling, as does leia, cause Leia doesnt remember padme at all.

Leia says "she died whe I was very young."

padme didnt die when leia was very young, but when leia was born, meaning leia's 1st step mother died when leia was very young from food poisining.

bail thought that leia neede a new mother, and his people neede a new queen, so he got married again and leia had a 2nd step mother, which she thought was her 1st step mother.

a baby cant have memorys when there born, but only a picture and a thought of there realy mother, cause yes how did luke know and say those same words that padme say to obi-wan about anakin, simple, it's the way they feel about one man.
  15. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    we spoke about this at the melbourne skyforce meeting yesterday, and everyone agreed that leia will get adopted twice, and will beleive that the first queen of alderian (in episode 3) will die by drinking poison that could be placed in her food on purpose,meaning that leia will never know padme, just like luke didn't, cause if Luke didnt know padme, leia didnt eather.

Also leia's name is Leia Amidala Skywalker for real.

Interesting theory, but why poison ? What if 3CPO accidently knocked over a plugged in toaster while she was in the tub ? :D
  16. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10

My friend, you don't know nothing. Lucas said that Leia remembers Padme. He's the boss. He trumps you and everyone else. As proven in ROTJ, Palpatine cannot sense everyone's thoughts, otherwise he would've known that Vader was turning good again and about to dump his ass down the reactor shaft. He would've sensed that Yoda was the one to train Luke, not Obi-wan. Same with Vader. The Jedi hung around Palpatine for years and never sensed his thoughts.

Leia remembers her mother, but has no idea what her name is or what happened to her or who her true father is.. It's public knowledge that Bail and Breha Organa couldn't have children. The fact that they adopt a girl is common knowledge.

So, to sum up, Lucas said that Leia remembers Padme. It's scripture. So it is written, so shall it be done.

Here endeth the lesson.
  17. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poor Sinister. I recommend Obi-Wan's advice.

"It'd be as well to let it go. It's too far out of range."
  18. BobaFett22 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel your pain Darth Sinister....:oops:

Why won't a couple of people in here get it!!!

Luke does remember the message of Padme...There is no other reason it would have been in there word for word!!!

Leia remembers images...Yes

Lucas has told us this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else could we want....He answered this question.
  19. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    1. Leia said she died when she was very young.
    Padme died at child birth not when leia was young.

2.Luke asked her this before he revealed that he was her brother.
    yes he did.

3.Luke was born first then Leia, meaning that neather of them knew padme. yes that's right.

4.Leia thought her home world was Alderian, not naboo.
    that's true, and she probably relised that she probably wasnt from Alderian.

5.Luke would find out the truth after the celebration on endor from his father and freinds who knew about the skywalkers.
    true and yes, cause R2-D2 knew and so did Chewbacca in a way.[face_thinking] [face_coffee]
  20. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    these thing i posted point out that leia never knew padme but only imagined what her mother would be and look like but made it sound like she knew padme, but didn't.=D=
  21. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Yes, it is. Very young is also child birth.

She said that she had images and feelings. And given the fact that all Force users can see the past, present, future and the great beyond, Leia saw images of Padme in her mind's eye. And got a general sense of feeling from her.

No matter how hard you try to spin it, Lucas said that Leia remember Padme. And for George Lucas, dead means dead. Only a Jedi can appear as a ghost.
  22. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    how could leia see the past when she isnt a Jedi and how come luke cant see the past and is a jedi?

easy, the dark side of the force blocks everything while the sith are alive, so no darth-sinister, your power of the dark side is blocking there vision, but all they got is memorys and thoughts of what they think there mother was like, plus Luke thought Leia was with there mother, but didnt know that she died after giving birth, so no one remembers Padme, only r2-D2, no one else.

Luke could have known about Padme since he heard about the clone wars, cause Padme was part of the war, as she fought some droids.
  23. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Because you don't have to have Jedi training to do this. Anakin didn't and he already had visions of himself as a Jedi Knight, freeing the slaves. The Force choose Leia to remember her mother, by giving her those visions. Luke has what Padme said on her deathbed, which is why he wanted to save his father.

Luke and Leia don't know their mother's name or anything about here. It has nothing to do with the Dark Side. It's no longer clouding anyone's visions. Lucas says that she remembers her mother.

Here endeth the lesson.
  24. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    If Luke knew something about his dad, then his uncle would have said alittle bit about his mum, cause he met padme, and the lars might have thought padme was lukes mother since she was with anakin.

Also I heard that there are still going to be more changes done for the 2007 30th special edition, so it could reveal that Leia get's 2 mothers in the Tv seiers, meaning she never knew padme just like Luke didn't after all his the oldest, and if you say Leia saw padme, why couldnt Luke since he's the oldest.

Leia thought she was an Alderian, and bail hid the truth about padme from Leia so that she wouldn't know her real real mother, namely Padme, or there would have been that vader would have seen it when she was young. the storys will change now that we know that the skywalkers are from Naboo, and that the troops are from kamino.

end of line darth-sinister.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  25. obi1andreasen79 Jedi Master

star 4
    IN MY OPINION.....Luke asked if she remembers her real mother. to the best of leias knowledge, she does. The queen of alderran. Bail and his wife {the queen} couldn't have kids. why? who knows...but the fact that leia says "she died when I was very young" could mean she was sick. I don't think its common knowledge...{since leia refers to bail as her father} that she is adopted. I DOUBT leia knows shes adopted. bottom line...she is telling luke the truth as she knows it, and she is not remembering padme. she is remembering the queen. How did this become so open to ridicule? watch the dang movie...how can she say for certain who her real mother was, or how she remembers her, when shes not aware she had two mothers? Its not until luke informs her of her family status as a skywalker that she may begin to look back with questions. at the point he asked her, she honestly thought the queen of alderran was her mother. I DONT CARE WHAT LUCAS SAYS....it is stupid to have her remember padme and not luke. The queen explanation is just better.....it leaves no "yeah buts...or what ifs" and I would like to see the source where lucas says leia is remembering padme, because as of right now I don't believe it.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.