main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé's Fate [v4.0]

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Reflecting, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reflecting

Reflecting Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2003
    Not sure if this is common knowledge yet or not but she will die in this movie. A friend of mine began filming as an extra today in her funeral scene. It could be bull****. The guy is known for his lies. He could also get in a lot of trouble for this if it's true so take it as you will.

2. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    omg are you serious? they had a funeral scene for her..wow this is a huge spolier thanks!!

3. Reflecting

Sep 16, 2003
    No problem. No other info was given though on how she died or anything.

4. SithHolocron

SithHolocron Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    How do we know that this is true? How do we know that you're not some guy just trying to get attention by lying to us? Then again, you might be legit with this. If you have any proof of this other than your word, please post it.

5. Jedi-Jut

Jedi-Jut Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Sorry, but no she wont. Your friend talking crap.

6. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Seems like a nice friend to be sharing secret info such as this!

7. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    good news, but PPOR. [face_plain]

8. Reflecting

Sep 16, 2003
    Dude, I promise I'm not lying. Those people are just sad. I was registered under another nick around the time of TPM. I stopped coming here. I re-registered and posted the news as quick as I can. I'll get proof if possible though that could be difficult as I'm sure they are tight lipped about this all if it's for real. And as said in the first post the guys known for his lies. If I bump into him again I'll be sure to find out whatever I can.

9. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    If this is true, it means that neither Obi-Wan or Anakin are present at the funeral...

10. Reflecting

Sep 16, 2003
    Jedi Jut, care to put a bet on that. Doesn't seem like such a good idea now given the facts. :p You'd all know alot more than me but I figured I'd share. Given the other info said I'd take it with a grain of salt.

11. Jedi-Jut

Nov 26, 2002
    Lucas has already said she doesn't die, Natalie Portman didn't want Pabme to die in the film so her story could be explored in the EU novels, this was her condition for being in the film.

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Jedi-Jut, do you have a source for that comment? I know GL said that about Jar-Jar, but I have never heard that about the Padme character.

13. antani

antani Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2000
    Jedi-Jut...

...Where DID YOU read that?

EDIT (G_S was faster than me :p )

14. Jedi-Jut

Nov 26, 2002
    I will try to find it, I think it was either on the AOTC DVD extras or I saw it on the official site. It was some time ago and I have a terrible memory.

I thought it was now common knowledge that she doesn't die and goes to Alderan with Leia and Bail.

15. antani

antani Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2000
    It is VERY UNLIKELY for Lucas to take such a BIG plot decision just because Mrs Portman doesn't like her character to die.

This piece of information is absurd.

No offence intended at all, Jedi-Jut.

16. Jedi-Jut

Nov 26, 2002
    Didn't think it was that much of an important part of the plot myself.

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Well Jedi-Jut is mistaken, that news about Padmé living on after ep.III is not true. We all know that, it would be common knowledge if that was ever released (especially here).

As for Reflecting's claim that his friend is an extra at Padmé's funeral scene, well I suppose the Mods are checking that right now. Hold tight folks we should have confirmation soon.....

18. DarthDarkSide

DarthDarkSide Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2003
    How does this coincide with Leias' memories ?

19. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Leia does not have memories. Just images, feelings.

20. kristof

kristof Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    It was speculated that the funeral was on the webcam, perhaps thats where the origins of this claim lies?

Not that im saying its rubbish of course.

21. Puke-Eyeswater

Puke-Eyeswater Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    Guys, let's rationalise here. The source of Reflecting could be legit - there was a gathering of 9 handmaidens recently. It was hypothosised that it was for Padme's funeral.

But...

i) Leia remembers her real mother, and the infants are only a month old in E3.

ii) GL has on a number of occasions given Padme disguises and 'substitutes' in the story. This could be called 'foreshadowing' for the following scenario.

It STILL isn't certain that Padme dies... she could have faked her death. This would also tie up how Anakin is unaware of his offspring until 20+ years later.

It wasn't that he didn't know of the pregnancy... it could be that he thought his child (didn't know of Leia) was 'killed' with Padme.

This would make for a better story. Hell, E3 will be dark enough without Padme being killed.

22. Jedi-Jut

Nov 26, 2002
    If there is a funeral who's to say that it is Padme's, lets face it lots of people are gunna die in this one and everyone good will be sad. They could even have a funeral for Anikin, he dies! From a certian point of view!

23. Jedi-Jut

Nov 26, 2002
    Good point Puke, I like the idea of her faking her death, that would really p**s Anikin off enough for him to turn.

24. kristof

kristof Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Not as much as her dying for real and him blaming Obi Wan and the Jedi.

25. Puke-Eyeswater

Puke-Eyeswater Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    Not being one to contradict a mod, but GS. Leia DOES have memories (in the novel - and I know it may not be 'gospel'). She also remembers running, and being hidden in a trunk with Padme.

"Do you remember you mother; your real mother?"

"Yes (no ambiguity there!), just a bit. She died when I was very young."

"Tell me."

"It's just images, feelings really." (Which is all memories are, by the way, images and feelings - don't read too much into that).

"She was very beatiful, gentle and kind, but sad..."

Very astute for a one month old! [/sarcasm]

Padme will live until Leia is 18 months old at least. (As I am tired of saying!)

It would be a cruel twist of fate if she lives the remainder of her life disguised as one of Bails serveants!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.