main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé's Fate [v4.0]

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Reflecting, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    i guess i'm bringing up this question for the 100th time now, but: how can leia remember her mother and luke not if she dies in ep3 (when both of them are still infants), or when she dies BEFORE they're actually born (and saved somehow)???

2. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    who really dies from a force choce? in ANH it seems clear that once you're released from vader's grip you'll regain your breath...

she could of course fall into a coma because of air deprivation, but she would have to regain counsciousness, or else leia would probably have an image of a dead woman rather than a sad woman.

even if she falls into a coma and is able to breath and speak again later on, i find it hard to believe that she would die again...

she could die of brain damage i suppose, but then she wouldn't be able to say anything coherently -don't think that's what lucas is going for.

but then again, this is star wars and not ER.

3. Dark_Geno_21

Dark_Geno_21 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    Has it been suggested that the real Padme dies while giving birth? this would seem an excellent (though tragic) opportunity for Yoda and Obi-Wan to conceal the identity of the twins while having the public believe that Padme and her pregnancy pass away.

OR

Padme, having fully realized what Anakin has become, willingly chooses to separate the twins and raises Leia under the guise of one of her former identical bodygaurds? This could also give merit to the "faking her own death" theory and allow Leia to still have memories of Padme, however brief and incomplete though they may be.

I also like that idea of Leia's memories coming from the Force, I never thought of that before. Good insight.

4. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    leia's memories coming from the force??

mumbo-jumbo!

why just leia and not luke?

5. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    If this has been suggested, then I apologize but:

Does Padme's parents see their grandchildren at their daughter's state funeral on Naboo?

That has some emotional potential there.

6. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Probably just Leia, by the time of the funeral on Naboo the twins will be separated and Luke will either be on his way to Tatooine or is there already.

7. Jumpman

Sep 12, 2003
    But Obi-Wan has to be at the funeral.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Obi-Wan isn't at the funeral. He'll be long gone and handing over Luke probably as the funeral is occurring.

9. Jumpman

Sep 12, 2003
    Man, so her parents don't even know that they have more grandchildren. That's tragic there.

10. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I think that Padme would have remarried with Bail if she had lived. His wife would have been out of the picture if Padme all of a sudden was single.

11. Anakin-Sky-Walker

Anakin-Sky-Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2005
    Marry Bail??????????? In what part of your brain did you dig that up? Why would she mary at all?

12. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Leia said Padme died when she was very young. Luke also started out asking if she knew her real mother at all what she was like. I don't know about you but I don't remember a damned thing when I was 0. Also I know it is a commonality for most people to not have memories beyond 2. Thus I wouls speculate Padme would have to be arounf for atleast 3-4 years with leia before she dies. I don't think Lucas plans to go that far in time with this movie.

13. STEVEN8231

STEVEN8231 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2003
    I got this summary sometime last year from a random fansite. I know MANY of the details are wrong, as proven by recent spoiler reports. Its not the greatest writing out there, but it has some interesting ideas. But I thought the way Anakin was turned to the darkside was very well done, and beleivable. Anyway here it is:

"An Early Draft:

Anakin has been fighting as a war hero in the clone wars. UNKNOWN to Anakin, Padme has become pregnant. As the clone wars begin to end it becomes apparent to the Jedi that Palpatine is in league with the Sith.(Palpatine made sure the Jedi would know about this). Anakin is promoted as Palpatine?s chief bodyguard. Padme has been a leader in the opposition of Palpatine keeping his emergency powers. Threats to Padme?s life are made because of her stand against Palpatines new order. She also reveals to ObiWan that she is carrying Anakins child.

Because of this turn of events the Jedi decide to keep Padme hidden. An assassination attempt is made on Palpatine?s life by several Jedi. Palpatine gets power from the Senate to arrest all of the Jedi. Anakin is given this assignment. He is motivated to find Padme who in his eyes was abducted by the Jedi.

Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia. But she sustains unexplained injuries during her delivery. She is about to die. Anakin who was hunting the Jedi finds Padme?s location. The Jedi decide that the twins must remain secret. They quickly take them away. Padme tells the Jedi she wants to see Anakin one last time. A single Jedi(Mace in his arrogance demands this) decides to protect Padme and also to make sure that Anakin never finds out about the child birth.

Anakin enters the room. He talks to Padme and understands she is about to die. He feels helpless, sad. He asks Padme who did this to her. She would not answer. Padme knows that if she revealed the truth the Sith would hunt and kill here children. Padme dies in Anakins arms. Anakin is filled with grief, and then anger. He asks Mace who remained ?who did this to her!?. Mace would not answer. Anakin?s hate increases. He demands an answer. Mace remains quiet. Finally in desperation Anakin lights his saber and attacks the Jedi. The Jedi is cornered, both of his hands severed. Anakin asks for the last time who killed Padme. The Jedi refuses. Anakin kills Mace. This was the first ?good? Jedi Anakin has killed. He is overcome by emotion and faints.

Palpatine discovers the location of Padme, Anakin, and the fallen Jedi. He discovers that Padme was carrying Anakin?s CHILD. (Earlier Anakin confesses his marriage to Padme to Palpatine) Thus the emperor begins his quest to find the son of Skywalker. When Anakin awakens Palpatine tells Anakin that the Jedi brutally murdered Padme. Palpatine promises to REVENGE her death. Anakin is motivated to hunt and kill all the remaining Jedi and become Darth Vader."

I thought this summary was good because Anakin was turned to the darkside because he thought the Jedi Killed Padme. Also the Emperor keeps it a secret from Anakin that he has a child. When he finds out that he does have a son (Episode5) he figures out that the Emperor was playing him all along. In ROTJ Anakin deceides to sacrifice himself to save his son, sort of like what Padme did many years earlier.

14. Newbie_Jedi79

Newbie_Jedi79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2004
    UM? NO! This is so far off that it is almost rediculous.

15. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    wouldnt it be an awsome twist, if the spoileriffic image of padme in the bed was true BUT it is made to look like padme is dead,but she is really asleep, so the audience first thinks that she is dead. Then she wakes up and everything, And she is sent to Alderan with bail and leah. THEN something happens a few years later to padme. This would explain why leigh would remember her mom and everything, and also provide a good twist. GL is known to not kill of characters, infact someone told him durring ESB that "some one needs to die.." refering to the main characters, and GL said "no, this is a happy story"

16. Darth_Diddle

Darth_Diddle Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2004
    I don't really follow this thread, but I can;t believe that this debate is still happening.

PADME DIES!!

End of story.

The children aren't at the funeral either. Everyone thinks they are dead.

Obi-Wan isn't at the funeral. Everyone is trying to kill him.

As for Lucas not killing people. Firstly, his comments were in relation to ROTJ, not ESB. Secondly, the reason he didn;t want anyone else to die in ROTJ is because everything had to work out in the end. IN THE END. ROTS is not the end, but only halfway through. It is the lowest point in the story and therefore it makes sense that people we identify with and care about die.

17. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I always thought that Padme died as a result of complications from childbirth. But according to spoilers, it's not (the medical droids can't seem to explain it). This confused me, but then I came across this article in The New York Times:

Sudden emotional stress - from grief, fear, anger or shock - can cause heart failure, in a little known and poorly understood syndrome that seems to affect primarily women, researchers are reporting today. The victims are generally healthy, with no history of heart disease.

A death in the family, an armed robbery, a car accident, a biopsy procedure and a surprise party were among the events that sent 18 women and one man to coronary care units in Baltimore with chest pains and weakening of the heart, according to an article in The New England Journal of Medicine.

Most were older: their median age was 63. But one was 27, another 32. Some had such poor heart function that they would have died without aggressive treatment to keep their blood circulating, the researchers said. But all recovered.

The cases were described by doctors from Johns Hopkins University who treated the patients from 1999 to 2003.

The new research on the condition, nicknamed broken heart syndrome by the doctors, suggests there may be some truth to the old idea that people can be scared to death or die from sorrow like characters in a romantic novel or a country song.

So Padme really does die of a broken heart?

Here's the link (membership required to read it):

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/10/health/10heart.html?hp&ex=1108098000&en=5f482a503948172c&ei=5094&partn er=homepage

18. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Broken heart just seems so plain though. I mean, she is giving birth to her children ... wouldn't that be enough to want to keep herself alive?

I think something is killing her, but I don't think it's a broken heart.

19. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I mean, she is giving birth to her children ... wouldn't that be enough to want to keep herself alive?

Post-partum depression, perhaps?

20. Newbie_Jedi79

Newbie_Jedi79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2004
    Post Pardum depression can't kill you...lol. But being choked and thrown against a wall would do the trick.

21. darthsmozers

darthsmozers Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    Anakin: "Don't be afraid."
    Padme: "I'm not afraid to die." (AOTC)

Yet Anakin is the one obsessed with not dying. He goes to great lengths to learn how not to, as we know from spoilers. So not only is Padme doomed from the start, as seen in Anakin's dream, but she's the exact opposite of Anakin - she isn't afraid to die. She accepts it. She would have made a good "living force" Jedi

just an observation :p

oh, and I wonder if, when in her nightgown, we'll see scars on her back from the Geonosis battle...

22. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    I dont want Padme to die shes like my favorite Charicture becides Anakin in the newer movies i think like they said in earlier posts she will fake deaths and then die later on

23. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm more concerned with her scars she got during her honeymoon retreat with Anakin after the wedding... That arm of his looks quite dangerous.

24. tee4jc85

tee4jc85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    speaking of scars, I think it would be cool to get a shot of padme's back where you can see some massive scars from the Nexu claws. IMO. i mean, we get to see anakin's scars right?

25. patico74

patico74 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    theryll be scars allright

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.